Team-BHP - Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/110534-jaguar-xf-facelift-has-reached-mumbai-dealer-launched-december-2011-a.html)

The Jag XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer, to be launched in December 2011.

Source
Quote:

At the launch of the Range Rover Evoque held today in Mumbai, Jaguar also displayed the XF facelift shown below at the other end of the showroom floor. Upon requesting dealer executives on details of the new model, we understood that the market introduction is due shortly, likely during the next 4-6 weeks.

The updated XF sports a revised grille, bi-xenon headlights having integrated LED daytime running lights. A new hood and redesigned front fenders complete changes to the front fascia. The theme extends to the rear using new LED taillights.
Likewise in the cabin, seats have been ‘improved,’ the switchgear revised, instrument cluster redesigned and an infotainment system with touch screen interface supplemented.

Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011-jaguarxffaceliftfrontfascia1024x768.jpg

Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011-jaguarxffaceliftrear1024x768.jpg

That sure is a looker, not that the older XF looked bad but the new front fascia sure makes it look pretty similar to the XJ, wonder if they would be launching a cheaper variant with the 2.2 diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mkaysaw (Post 2567672)
That sure is a looker, not that the older XF looked bad but the new front fascia sure makes it look pretty similar to the XJ, wonder if they would be launching a cheaper variant with the 2.2 diesel.

Ironically, that is where my problem begins. The XF has lost its identity. Its now just a poorer man's XJ.

If people complain about family look being shared amongst cars like Audi, BMW and Merc, now this is the worst case, If this thing came up in my RVM, I would have a hard time telling it apart from an XJ.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2567744)
Ironically, that is where my problem begins. The XF has lost its identity. Its now just a poorer man's XJ.

If people complain about family look being shared amongst cars like Audi, BMW and Merc, now this is the worst case, If this thing came up in my RVM, I would have a hard time telling it apart from an XJ.

I guess it would be Jaguars' way of going down the "all our cars must share a common design language" way. The growing trend these days is to differentiate your brand wether that be an S/E/C for Mercedes or a 7/5/3 for BMW. Now that the new XF has gone the XJ way, imagine a baby XF with the XJ front aswell, that too for a mere 30L+ !

Consider this: In BMW's case if one were to opt for a 750li at upwards of a crore, they would not even consider a 320i, whereas a person who is pushing his budget for a 320i would be more then happy when more then half of his friends mistake it for a 7. The obvious being the man spending 25L got the attention worth almost a crore...

Good to see the introduction of the face-lifted Jaguar XF.

I don't know how, but Jaguar have actually managed to make the ever-so-gorgeous XF even better looking. I guess that 'surprised' look, owing to the front lights, have been reworked, and it now looks clean and even better, IMO.

A great looking car with great dynamics. What it needs is a better service-network, if they really aim to take on the big German-trio.

WOW!

Jaguar XF has always been a looker, and it just got better and HOW!!!

The angle with which the first pic has been taken actually shows the character of the Jag, which is aggressive while being beautiful. Compared to the front the back looks a bit subdued, but the leaping Jaguar at the back makes due for it.

The facelift has done wonders to the already beautiful car. I hope there is not much change to the price. The XF has been a stunner from the beginning. A more spread out dealer network is what it needs right now.

Does look good. But if they do launch the 2.2 at a 30lakh+ range, this car would be covering 2 segments. the 3/C/A4 as well as the E/5/A6 will be in its sights. That does make it look like the car might not be priced at a 30lakh range as it would be diluting the car's presence.
Is there any news about the 2.2?

Bookings are now open.

Prices, OTR Chennai:

3.0-liter diesel – 62 lakhs,

5.0-liter naturally aspirated petrol – 78 lakhs,

XF-R – 5.0-liter supercharged petrol – 98 lakh.

Jaguar XF facelift bookings open in Chennai

Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011-jaguarxffacelift1.jpg

Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011-jaguarxffacelift5.jpg

Jaguar XF Facelift has reached the Mumbai dealer; to be launched in December 2011-jaguarxffacelift4.jpg

Scorcher the Car was here in October itself and the bookings had started then itself. They were just waiting to get rid of the old stock before bringing the car to the showroom floor.
I have to admit in person the car looks far too gorgeous and new alloys do wonders too. If you do notice the S badge is now in color just like you have it on the R for the xf-r. This is in keeping with the 2.2 that would be launched later on. In Bombay this car falls in at Rs 64 lakhs and deliveries start in january. The car has more of the exterior changes rather than interiors. They do have a grill option of chrome or black but keeping the Indian taste of richness they opted for the chrome grills. This sure does give it a XJ sort of look from a distance. The gearbox is better than the older XF and i hope it does provide the smothness that this car needs. All in all a great looker and performer..exclusive yet not in your face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorcher (Post 2567744)

2 ways of looking at it. If i cant afford the 1 crore + price tag of the XJ , this would be a delight for me..and am not just stating an example.
I REALLY cant afford the XJ so the A7 and the facelift XF are the 2 beauties on my radar. :D
While telling it apart from the XJ has just gotten tougher , since the XJ has such a gorgeous face all it has resulted in is making the XF that much more desirable and hence probably attract more customers.
Ok maybe not exactly the best news for XJ owners or prospective customers but then that beast comes with its own set of features, size and of course novelty.

This piece looks quite good I must say. A white diesel S was delivered today.

Now this looks stunning, Is there any increase in the torque on 3 liter diesel just like bmw did for its 530d?.
I read somewhere in t-bhp that there were some gearbox issues with the old jaguar diesel has it been rectified in the new model?

Quote:

Originally Posted by brraj (Post 2573207)
Now this looks stunning, Is there any increase in the torque on 3 liter diesel just like bmw did for its 530d?.
I read somewhere in t-bhp that there were some gearbox issues with the old jaguar diesel has it been rectified in the new model?

Nope the Jag engine is the same at 275hp and 600NM.
The 530d did it to counter the A6 3.0 TDI's fantastic 0-100 figures.
The Jag needed an improved tranny which has been put in the face-lift so i am sure there is substantial improvement.

Spotted this white XF-S on the road a couple of days back :