Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2011, 22:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Range Rover Evoque launched in India!

Wow! The stunning Evoque is here.

The Evoque may have a modest engine, limited space and confined capabilities when compared to its rather accomplished brothers and rivals. But there are no two ways about it, its an achingly beautiful car and with a badge and character. This is form over function at its best. Sub Zero machine.

So LR will manage to pull this off at that price. I have a feeling the Diesels will be overbooked in no time. And how can someone with a fat cheque book say 'No' to that coupe?

Edit: GTO, more pictures if possible. Especially the coupe, showing that gorgeous side profile.

Last edited by deetjohn : 4th November 2011 at 23:01. Reason: Adding text.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

I wish, I really wish I had the money. Fantastic move br RR/Tata to launch this vehicle in India.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:10   #18
Team-BHP Support

This my friends, is not a car for a person looking for VFM. This is going to be a style statement, a niche car. Just like the BMW 5GT. Except this is beautiful and will not fail to turn heads anywhere. I won't be surprised if this has as much road presence at the X6. My only hope is that Range gets the 3.0 diesel in this car ASAP so that it goes as fast as it looks.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 01:33   #19
BHPian

It will stand out because it doesn't look like the typical SUV. The styling is distinctive and bold. I like the 'spirit' of this car; its not a compromise - the designers had their way.

The only qualm is I personally prefer more open designs because this looks claustrophobic, the back is uncomfortable to look at from inside, a bit too compressed for my liking.
Old 5th November 2011, 06:53   #20
Team-BHP Support

Personally I think its absolutely daft pricing for such a tiny vehicle. IMO base version on road pricing should not be over 35 - 37 lakhs (assuming its eventually assembled here). This is one case though where given the nos involved and the fact that they're already hugely overbooked globally, they won't be 'punished' as much by the market for their pricing. The vehicle is admittedly hugely "desirable" - just no denying that. For that alone, it'll find its share of super premium buyers who might pick it up, price no bar. I seriously doubt though that its purchaser will be one for whom the Evoque will be the only luxury car in the garage. That profile of customer will possibly plonk their money where they see more value - and there are too many such alternate offerings out there.
Old 5th November 2011, 07:52   #21
BHPian

Wow, great car. But in today's newspaper the price quoted by them is Rs 45 L.
This car is one stunner, hope one day,I can own one too.
Old 5th November 2011, 08:11   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's a beautiful looking car! Looks like they went ahead with the top engine options. In UK, the diesel has 3 different state of tunes. The mini like paint is a bit over the top I guess. But the car looks mean & sexy !

Edit:: Would have loved to see the DRLs in action. Again where does the second sun-roof [over the middle roe] slide to? It looks like the sun-roof extends till the rear spoiler, so what happens when opening the roof?
Yes even i was wanting to see how the panoramic roof works on this beautiful machine.

Here is the Video i found on you tube.

Awesome isnt it?

This is one car which will have every type of customer salivating..
Just wish i had that much money somewhere in my house. Or a magic lamp which can fill my bank account with money to buy, run and maintain. WHAT a STYLE STATEMENT This Baby Range Rover makes..!
rajchetan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 11:11   #23
BHPian

Wow what a car! Definitely out of this world and would be a head turner! Booking mine next weekend want the delivery by Feb. Dealer said delivery time is 3-5 months depending on configuration. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Y@SH : 5th November 2011 at 11:13.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

The Evoque loks stunning, especially in the red avatar. It looks menacing,just like the devil's ride. People will lap it up for its sheer looks. Also since it is smaller in size,it will be easier to use in a crowded country like ours.

IMO since the car is targeted at people who go with their hearts rather than their heads, a more powerful engine range should have been provided.

I know the price is definitely on the higher side but TM may have done it as a part of their strategy-to give it a premium feel and make it exclusive(also keep the demand on check so that they can meet it)
Old 5th November 2011, 12:27   #25
BHPian

It looks cramped for a vehicle of this size. Shortcomings of the design I guess.
But the looks
It will be a niche product at this price which is a good move on LR's part IMO.
One car which I would love to see it trump is the extremely confused and cramped X6.

Any one has more details about its off roading potential or the lack of it!
Old 5th November 2011, 12:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

In the red (body) and white (roof) paint scheme the Evoque looks like "Honey I Blew up the Mini". I think the rear seats will be low set to compensate for that real low slung roof line, or the rear seat passenger will have their hair style redone after sitting there.
Old 5th November 2011, 12:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
Wow what a car! Definitely out of this world and would be a head turner! Booking mine next weekend want the delivery by Feb. Dealer said delivery time is 3-5 months depending on configuration. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Congratulations dude. Which variant are you looking at? I am jealous right now!
Old 5th November 2011, 12:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Congratulations dude. Which variant are you looking at? I am jealous right now!
Thanks man! Going to book the Pure varient next weekend. I dont find much notable differences between the variants and its not that the base varient has been compromised on features. The black looks stunning!! So its Pure for me
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-320543_295378023824845_295376157158365_1113672_1463251658_n.jpg  

Last edited by Y@SH : 5th November 2011 at 12:50.
Old 5th November 2011, 13:11   #29
BHPian

that's a beautiful car, but my friends in Canada still do not want to buy it as they say Rover's have lot of electronic issues compared to brands like Merc. Although i still want him to buy it as it is an India owned brand now.
Old 5th November 2011, 13:21   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
that's a beautiful car, but my friends in Canada still do not want to buy it as they say Rover's have lot of electronic issues compared to brands like Merc. Although i still want him to buy it as it is an India owned brand now.
Honestly with a car like that I would not mind visiting the service centre a few extra times.
More seriously I believe the brand has been doing pretty decent business in India. I spot a lot of them on the roads in Delhi these days. I feel most of the customers spending such a obscene amount of money for a car would primarily be looking at the status quotient of the car and how exclusive they can get. The Evoque certainly fulfills both those criterion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks