Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 18:52   #61
BHPian

re: Range Rover Evoque launched in India!

• Range Rover Evoque 2.2L Diesel 5 Door Pure - INR 55,20,557
  • Range Rover Evoque 2.2L Diesel 5 Door Dynamic - INR 64,73,805
  • Range Rover Evoque 2.2L Diesel 5 Door Prestige - INR 65,91,910
  • Range Rover Evoque 2.0L Petrol Coupe Dynamic - INR 72,08,494
This is the 1st time i am seeing a petrol variant more expensive than diesel counterparts
If I had 72, I would be paying off my home loan and sitting happily
Old 9th November 2011, 20:56   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
This is the 1st time i am seeing a petrol variant more expensive than diesel counterparts

1. Linea T-Jet Vs MJD
2. Renault Fluence petrol Vs diesel

Also guess some Porsche cars are priced higher for the petrol variants - Cayenne ??

I guess the price difference in more in petrol since the petrol car sold will be in Coupe form [3 door] and NOT the 5 door version and it's also super charged if I am not wrong.
Old 10th November 2011, 10:29   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

1. Linea T-Jet Vs MJD
2. Renault Fluence petrol Vs diesel

Also guess some Porsche cars are priced higher for the petrol variants - Cayenne ??

I guess the price difference in more in petrol since the petrol car sold will be in Coupe form [3 door] and NOT the 5 door version and it's also super charged if I am not wrong.
Please check the specs for all the cars you mentioned.

Renault Fluence in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale
Fiat Linea in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale
Porsche Cayenne in India - Prices, Reviews & Photos - CarWale

Again, as you said, it could be because of the Coupe form.
Old 20th November 2011, 20:03   #64
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the Evoque in the parking lot of the Autocar Performance Show.

Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-evoque1.jpg

Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-evoque.jpg
Old 20th November 2011, 22:32   #65
BHPian

Its strange the car wasn't on display! Would have definitely grabbed a lot of attention if it was.
As per the discussion as to why the petrol Evoque is much more costlier than the Diesel one, I must say that the Top end coupe version has many more features than the other 3. Plus, much better interior schemes. But after all, the biggest reason why it is priced higher is because of the coupe form. And, the engine has a lot more power too!

Last edited by DeKay : 20th November 2011 at 22:34.
Old 21st November 2011, 13:31   #66
BHPian

Got to DRIVE the evoque last weekend through a common friend who had bought it apparently one of the first few delivered across the country.

Giddy! Giddy! :P

The car has sheer presence, oodles of persona so that you just wanna stand and stare at it. Vic Beckham may not have requisite auto design degrees but she does know how to make men go weak simply with irresistible looks and attitude.

At the same time, I would highlight that this is one short car much shorter in height than I expected. I would not compare it to the X1 small, but we are talking about somewhere there.

Enter inside and you continue to be amazed. They have carried pretty much everything from the stable mate, Jaguar. All the theatrics are there, the bells and whistles, EVERYTHING. The 'rise & conquer' style gear lever makes me excited like a child even today.

The engine option is tad weaker than the Jag XF and is apparent from its lowly growl but is thirsty for power nonetheless. Steering is well weighted though some taller people like me will find the windscreen tad too slanted.

And the best of all, this is one car which makes real 'panoramic sunroof'. End to end stuff that you will fall in love the first time itself. There are so many cars trying to woo customers with this feature but this is one car that utilizes it for the best.

And now the bad thing - No Photos! I was well and truly smitten that I simply forgot...!
Old 21st November 2011, 14:02   #67
BHPian

Hi all, I visited the Hello Evoque event in Delhi yesterday. Here's what I got to know:

1. Costs about 50L on road in Delhi for the PURE variant.

2. If you book now, expect delivery in May.

3. The Panoramic sun roof in AWESOME. I wonder how does the Q3 compare since it has a huge sun roof which can open as well.

4. The back seats left me disappointed. I felt a lack of under thigh support. The leg room isn't very impressive either. I hope I am not exaggerating by saying that my corolla altis feels more comfortable at the back (though suspension will likely make the difference on bad roads).

5. Some of the plastics felt out of the place. The seatbelts didn't feel very premium. Nor did many of the other plastics near the door.

6. None of the models come with a SATNAV system! This is ridiculous!

7. Dual view screen also doesn't make it to option's list.

8. News of CKD have been around in the papers. Though the salesman says nothing is to be expected soon. My guess is 2012 end.

8. Lastly, it has tremendous presence. It looks better than it does in pictures. Perhaps the only reason Q5 buyers might want to shell out an extra 10L for a car with lesser (i guess?) interior space.

Eagerly waiting to check the Q3 now.
Old 21st November 2011, 23:45   #68
BHPian

Posted on Car and Bike Show Facebook FanPage.

From the autocar performance show
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-290111_292152917484545_100000695165301_986989_1322136890_o.jpg  

Old 25th November 2011, 14:12   #69
BHPian

does anyone have a quick comparison of the features between Pure, Dynamic and Prestige? The car is definitely a game changer and will put its owners into a new orbit altogether. Stupid question but, any idea "kitna deti hai"?
Old 25th November 2011, 16:49   #70
Senior - BHPian

Do take a look at the spec. Sheets on the website and also I believe someone has posted it here somewhere?

I just don't understand what the Dynamic plus pack adds for about 4 lacs?

And about "kitna deti hai" considering its small size and the engine being a 2.2D unit I expect it to atleast give about 10 on a combined driving cycle?

But realistic figures only users will be able to give and that should be atleast few weeks from now.

Regards,
Old 1st December 2011, 17:51   #71
BHPian

Spotted a white one on the roads today. It looks surprisingly small in the flesh. Much smaller than the Q5 and just about CRV size. I'm surprised people world over are raving about it. Honestly, I was'nt impressed. I'd take an X5 at this price (top version) anyday.
Old 2nd December 2011, 09:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Saw this evoque at the Kolkata showroom,this must be the pure variant?
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-small-evoque.jpg  

Last edited by avishar : 2nd December 2011 at 09:45.
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:38   #73
Senior - BHPian

OMG, what a looker! Killer looks. After a long long time we are seeing a car which looks ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. At a time when increasingly newer cars are getting uglier, Evoque provides a breath of fresh air. Heck, who cares about sapce! Sportiness and space do not go hand in hand. Ferrari is all about sportiness and we all know how much space it offers. This will do to premium SUV market what Swift did to hatches. And, it does look like Swift equivalent of SUV.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
I have no idea why the Evoque should sell in numbers like this inspite of its ridiculously high pricing.
There is a long list of cars which are ridicuously expensive. Evoque is not the only one. At least it is a stunner. You and I may not be able to afford it but it matters very little to those who can. It is not a regular hatch or a budget-end sedan that one goes looking for finances to buy one. Once cars cross 50 lakh mark, it hardly matters whether it is 60 or 70 or 80 lakhs. The ones who buy these cars have crores stashed away in one form or the other, so it hardly matters to them. Regarding novelty wearing off, I don't think so. Fortuner is a stunner and it still sells like hot cakes. Evoque will continue to sell, too, like a Fortuner. Hummer flopped because it is is hardly a looker. Like a big brick with 4 wheels. Space is also immaterial because the ones who own Evoque generally also have at least 6 other cars of varying sizes/shapes. They do not need to cram up their Evoque like an airport shuttle-taxi Innova.
Old 2nd December 2011, 11:19   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Saw this evoque at the Kolkata showroom,this must be the pure variant?
As far as I know, only the top-end Dynamic variant comes with the two-tone paint-scheme, i.e. the roof is of a contrast colour. It could be an optional extra though. I'm not too sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks