Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2011, 12:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Range Rover Evoque launched in India!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Saw this evoque at the Kolkata showroom,this must be the pure variant?
This car is a Dynamic variant and not the pure. The rims of both variants are different you can counter check with the Silver pure variant picture above. The exhaust and front bumpers are also different in both. The dynamic has dual exhausts and the Pure has only on the left side of the car.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:42   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Range Rover Evoque is the 2011 Car Of The Year, as awarded by BBC Top Gear.

Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-img_1503.jpg

The Evoque beat stiff competition from the BMW 1 Series M, Mclaren MP4 12c, Ferrari FF, VW Up! and Kia Picanto to scoop the coveted Car of the Year title. The awards are officially announced in the December issue of BBC TopGear Magazine, which is on sale in the UK now.

Full info - RANGE ROVER EVOQUE IS BBC TOPGEAR MAGAZINE CAR OF THE YEAR | 3D Car Shows

RANGE ROVER EVOQUE IS BBC TOPGEAR MAGAZINE CAR OF THE YEAR
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:55   #78
Senior - BHPian

Saw an Evoque with the doors open outside Reliance Autozone, HSR today. Man, it is cramped at the rear.

I don't have a problem with the outer dimensions. Always liked compact cars. But they could have given a little more room for the rear passengers.

But then on the whole, it is dazzlingly beautiful and very irresistible.
Old 23rd February 2012, 11:15   #79

Saw an Evoque near SB road, Pune and it does look gorgeous. It was a white evoque with black roof. Its Probably the most beautiful SUV i have ever seen on road.

Its not very big, say ideal mid sized SUV, but is surely a head turner and my first reaction after seeing it was "Can something be this beautiful".

P.S. - This is my first post in T-Bhp, Cheers.
Old 24th February 2012, 23:53   #80
BHPian

And the cabrio version is coming to Geneva. Unlike the Ugly Murano cabrio, it looks beautiful for a SUV open top.

Range Rover Evoque Cabrio concept revealed
Attached Thumbnails
Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-landroverrangeroverevoqueconvertibleconcept628.jpg  

Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-16831502801382355402.jpg  

Old 25th February 2012, 00:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

It has the makings of a winner especially since its a really untapped market. JLR though states that it could still be a couple of years away if given the management green light.

They still have a backlog of 60,000 odd Evoques to be delivered despite being in production for 8 months!! Ideally its better they meet the existing demand for the Evoque before bringing out new variants.
Old 25th February 2012, 04:08   #82
BHPian

there is supposed to be a waiting time of 2 months for Evoque in the South and Western parts of USA currently...saw one the other day and it looks really sleek and shiny but expected it be bigger than it really is.
Old 25th February 2012, 12:29   #83
BHPian

Evoque has also been awarded as 'Truck of the year' (or something like that) in USA..
It has also won MSN UK Car of the Year.

I sat in the car in Autoexpo. The rear seats felt thin but did not feel any other issues. Further no competitive vehicle has the matching off roading ability.

BTW after so much discussions on the forum, can anybody please throw any light on the market response to Evoque so far.
Old 30th March 2012, 15:08   #84
BHPian

I've seen a white Evoque 6 to 8 times in flesh in and around DLF phase-III Gurgaon area while going to and coming from my office. I must say that Evoque is insanely beautiful and have a very good road presence also is it is for sure one head turner on road. I think it can be a perfect car for a small family as it have the car like dynamics and the legacy of one of the best off roaders in the world. So it can be used as the daily car and can easily conquer all the terrains and contours near by north india.

A good news i would like to share with all of you. One of my colleague is planning to buy the Evoque. Hopefully I will get to drive the beauty, I will update you all as and when it happens. After his confirmation I am feeling more butterflies in the stomach then him as Evoque is my favorite car and I will be desperately waiting for the delivery of the car .

Last edited by noopster : 10th May 2012 at 18:52.
Old 11th April 2012, 18:15   #85
BHPian

Range Rover Evoque is ‘World Design Car of the Year’ 2012

The Range Rover Evoque has been named World Design Car of the Year 2012 at the New York Motor Show. This now takes the Evoque’s awards to over 100 accolades. The Range Rover Evoque's award winning design is matched by its class-leading performance with dynamic and agile handling across all terrains plus innovative Range Rover technologies, including Terrain Response, dual-view touch screen, surround camera system and an array of personalisation options to suit customer needs.

original source: motoring.co.uk
Old 11th April 2012, 18:28   #86
Senior - BHPian

Sideways, the cabriolet looks a little like the Audi TT to me.
Old 10th May 2012, 16:16   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The Range Rover Evoque[*]Thanks to BHPians Jalsa777 & Parrys for pictures & points.[*]Not imposing like other Range Rovers, and similar to the compact Grand Vitara in size.[*]In India, the Evoque will be available in both, 5 door and Coupe body styles. The Coupe is available in petrol only, while the 5 door version gets a diesel powerplant.
This is theone of the most amazing pieces of machinery I ever come across, had a chance to race and overtake a black one on the Palm beach road since my son wanted to see it up close.

It was pure fluid on the road the way it was moving while pressing to the extent to pass it.
Old 21st September 2012, 04:30   #88
BHPian

Can some one plz tell me the difference between the Pure, Dynamic and Prestige variants?
And are these CKD or CBU units?

Last edited by mod_to_odd : 21st September 2012 at 04:33.
Old 16th November 2012, 09:18   #89
BHPian

The waiting periods have considerably reduced now. One can get delivery within a couple of months unless one orders a fully customized version. TD is also available
source: Mumbai Showroom.
Latest price list is attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Range Rover Evoque Price List 20121102.pdf (34.2 KB, 850 views)
Old 17th November 2012, 10:46   #90
Senior - BHPian

I am amazed at the sheer number of Evoque in here. I see at least one each day. And the thing is, I don't see many whites, which is a surprise in Kerala.

Red, Blue, Black, spotted them all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks