Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2012, 09:50   #91
Senior - BHPian

re: Range Rover Evoque launched in India!

Spotted this Evoque outside my house.. Just Kidding, its of my cousin..

Took it on Yamuna expressway this wednesday and I must say that this thing is awesome. Must say, the stability was incredible.

Will post the ownership review soon, its long due anyways.

Range Rover Evoque launched in India!-385162_463066657071743_1679976236_n.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 18th November 2012 at 11:18. Reason: Post edited to remove a few lines, we do not allow mention of Illegal Speeds on public roads. Thanks
Old 18th November 2012, 10:38   #92
Senior - BHPian

Just happened to see a Red/White Evoque in Mumbai, surprise surprise with yellow taxi plates!!!! Why would someone make the Evoque a Taxi? It was looking different with yellow plates, the yellow and red reflector stickers all around and a national permit sticker on its driver/passenger doors. I wish I had clicked a snap!!
Old 18th November 2012, 11:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Just happened to see a Red/White Evoque in Mumbai, surprise surprise with yellow taxi plates!!!! Why would someone make the Evoque a Taxi? It was looking different with yellow plates, the yellow and red reflector stickers all around and a national permit sticker on its driver/passenger doors. I wish I had clicked a snap!!
I think its from Powai area. Seen it many times in Hiranandani. It looks HOT in that colour.
Old 18th November 2012, 11:27   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
That car might belong to some hotel who would have picked it via EPCG route. That way they wud have saved quite a quid.
Old 10th February 2014, 12:59   #95
Team-BHP Support

Jaguar-Land Rover is rumoured to be consider the Range Rover Evoque for assembly in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 10th February 2014, 14:11   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Jaguar-Land Rover is rumoured to be consider the Range Rover Evoque for assembly in India.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Any idea what that could mean in terms of price reduction?
Old 10th February 2014, 15:00   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Any idea what that could mean in terms of price reduction?
There is a 170% increase in price due to imports so i believe local production will bring price down to around 35-45 lakhs. Just speculating!
Old 10th February 2014, 15:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
There is a 170% increase in price due to imports so i believe local production will bring price down to around 35-45 lakhs. Just speculating!
Thanks for the approx On-road.
Could you tell me what is it currently selling at? Including Import duties?
Old 10th February 2014, 16:14   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Pricing is also governed by the perceived image value of the car in our country. Even with local assembly there is no way that they are going to sell it for anything this side of 50L at the least, more so since even at current prices the car is selling like hot cakes. So Expect a reduction from the current price of approx. 65-70L to around 55L.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 16:36   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Pricing is also governed by the perceived image value of the car in our country. Even with local assembly there is no way that they are going to sell it for anything this side of 50L at the least, more so since even at current prices the car is selling like hot cakes. So Expect a reduction from the current price of approx. 65-70L to around 55L.
Overpriced car are nothing new here. They "could" bring it to 40L bracket but of course it is up to them on how they price it.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2014, 20:49   #101
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Freelander is sold for approximately that amount which you have mentioned!
The Evoque costs well over 70 lakhs on-road. Just take a look at post #89 on the previous page. After CKD assembly starts it will only lead to marginal decrease in costs, maybe by a few lakhs i believe.
Old 10th February 2014, 21:35   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The Freelander is sold for approximately that amount which you have mentioned!
The Evoque costs well over 70 lakhs on-road. Just take a look at post #89 on the previous page. After CKD assembly starts it will only lead to marginal decrease in costs, maybe by a few lakhs i believe.
Freelander is locally assembled which helps in keeping costs down. My main point was that imported cars have their costs almost doubled(approx) just due to import duties. With local assembling that will be gone. But again final pricing will be decided by JLR.
Old 10th February 2014, 22:16   #103
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Freelander is locally assembled which helps in keeping costs down. My main point was that imported cars have their costs almost doubled(approx) just due to import duties. With local assembling that will be gone. But again final pricing will be decided by JLR.
RTO tax for CBU's is a lot higher.
You are right about Freelander & the doubling of costs. But your estimate of 35-45 lakhs for Evoque is over optimistic i feel!
Old 10th February 2014, 22:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
RTO tax for CBU's is a lot higher.
You are right about Freelander & the doubling of costs. But your estimate of 35-45 lakhs for Evoque is over optimistic i feel!
It is optimistic and most non-probable(unless they price it competitively). Realistic would be 50-60L bracket.
Given the popularity of Land Rovers and Range Rovers they will try to capture more profits.
Old 13th February 2014, 13:43   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
That car might belong to some hotel who would have picked it via EPCG route. That way they wud have saved quite a quid.
This particular Range Rover belongs to a corporate house in Hiranandani in Powai and not to any hotel.

There are only 03 hotels in and around Powai, i.e. The Ramada, The Renaissance and the brand new Meluha The Fern and none of them have Range Rovers. However, Meluha The Fern have very impressive cars. They use Toyota Camrys and Toyota Prius. The Camrys have this awesome bottle green color which I have never seen before. The cars are also superbly branded and stand out as compared to any other hotel car that I have seen. Really super stuff!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed