Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 00:15   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Well... I thought this thread is unique in a way that it has brought out a serious blunder. But i don't know why typos and incorrect specs are being reported here. Or atleast the content doesn't go with the thread title.

Or should the thread be rechristened??
Did you check the first post? That is indeed a big blunder.

On recent pages people are posting Typos to show how poor the Quality checks are on Tata's Official Prints.
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Did you check the first post? That is indeed a big blunder.
Yup.. I have been very closely following this thread since day one. That was indeed a great blunder which has been rightly acknowledged in my previous post.

Quote:
On recent pages people are posting Typos to show how poor the Quality checks are on Tata's Official Prints.
IMO, minor typos are bound to creep in. That's definitely not as grave as putting a competitors pic on your Annual Report. Even leading National News Papers of very high repute that has a dedicated proof reading department has a typo on almost every edition that rolls out of their press. Why single out only TATA motors??

My two cents!!
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:36   #93
BHPian

Quote:
IMO, minor typos are bound to creep in. That's definitely not as grave as putting a competitors pic on your Annual Report. Even leading National News Papers of very high repute that has a dedicated proof reading department has a typo on almost every edition that rolls out of their press. Why single out only TATA motors??
My two cents!!
Nice lines of thinking.
But unfortunately it's the wrong comparison.
The leading newspaper publishes everyday and the number of words/pictures in it are huge (even though it's in 10s of pages). It's target audience is humongous, where each of them are interested in pretty much 'only' their section of interest.

But a company's annual report is a booklet (100s of pages) published once a year. Add to that, you have "Specialized" firms to take care of the content/delivery/proof-reading, etc... This report is looked into by analysts, investors, employees and "Competitors". When the annual report is screwed up with such a big blunder (not talking about typos here), either someone has to get fired OR the market forces will take care.
Old 22nd November 2011, 09:42   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andromeda View Post
But a company's annual report is a booklet (100s of pages) published once a year. Add to that, you have "Specialized" firms to take care of the content/delivery/proof-reading, etc... This report is looked into by analysts, investors, employees and "Competitors". When the annual report is screwed up with such a big blunder (not talking about typos here), either someone has to get fired OR the market forces will take care.
Oh my! I never said a word about it. The mistake in the annual report thingy is a very very grave thing that has tarnished the image of TATA motors. Moreover, I have acknowledged it n number of times in my previous posts. Please take time to read my previous posts carefully.

My only concern was fishing out petty typos in their Press releases and websites like 25nm of torque/ 15/16' inch wheel size (just an example).

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 22nd November 2011 at 09:57.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:57   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Yes. They have removed the Annual Report for 2010-11 now. But, I have a copy in my desktop like many of other BHPians .
interesting goof up.

i dont find the service nor the annual report in TML's website.

could you pls send it across ?

thanks in advance

WC
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:59   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild child View Post
interesting goof up.

i dont find the service nor the annual report in TML's website.

could you pls send it across ?

thanks in advance

WC
The size of the report is more than 10 MB. I don't know a way to slice it into smaller piece.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:45   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

My two cents!!
Yes I kind of agree with you on this, Typos are not completely unheard of even by big publications, like I said I think people are just finding a pattern here with Tata, then again may be we should have a dedicated thread on such typos by all companies. We have one on misleading ads currently Misleading car/bike ads
Technocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:20   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

@Techno, actually, @WWW has a point here, and I too would have said the same if it was just the typo's. This thread was mainly for the blunder in the report. The typo's are just add-on's, incidental.

I dont think a dedicated thread on typo's is required.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 05:32   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yes I kind of agree with you on this, Typos are not completely unheard of even by big publications, like I said I think people are just finding a pattern here with Tata, then again may be we should have a dedicated thread on such typos by all companies. We have one on misleading ads currently Misleading car/bike ads
Quote:

My two cents!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Techno, actually, @WWW has a point here, and I too would have said the same if it was just the typo's. This thread was mainly for the blunder in the report. The typo's are just add-on's, incidental.

I don't think a dedicated thread on typo's is required.
The mistake has been covered in detail and there's nothing constructive to be gained by discussing typos, at least in this thread.

Thread Closed. Thanks.
Amartya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 22:07   #100
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I just downloaded the Mahindra's Live Young, Live Free App, it's very interesting and innovative. I have not gone through it completely but something caught my attention. On the home page, under the 'Expert's choice' tab they have used Toyota Fortuner's pic I think, this is quite ironical and hilarious! apparently expert's choice is a Toyota Fortuner and not anything from the M&M fleet.That's got to be a serious error! What was design team smoking
Attached Thumbnails
Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-img_20161212_215731.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 12th December 2016 at 22:17.
wrongturn is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 16:50   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
On the home page, under the 'Expert's choice' tab they have used Toyota Fortuner's pic I think, this is quite ironical and hilarious!
. Thanks for sharing! Moved your post to this thread .

I guess Mahindra laughed so hard the last time, it's their turn to be the joke now.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks