Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page

Tata Motors Quality check is really bad.not only in Car department but also at printing press. i was looking at tata motors annual report 2010-11 and found this.

A mahindra maxximo mini van sketch printed on each page. who the hell is in charge of this? :P

Regarding this. I wrote to tata motors. and i got a reply that the vehicle shown in the Annual Report is Tata VENTURE. Now i really cant stop laughing. 1st i thought it is a mistake from press. but now even Tata motors guys can not recognize their vehicles. i am again giving you some photos to check.

Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-dscn7081.jpg

Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-tata_report.jpg

Mahindra Maxximo:
Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-newmaxximominivan.jpg

Tata Venture
Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each page-tataventure201131812758.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2011 at 11:06. Reason: Merging both your posts, including the one with the reply
tushky is offline   (72) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:15   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Quirky logic and funny comments from non-petrol head friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Tata Motors Quality check is really bad.not only in Car department but also at printing press. i was looking at tata motors annual report 2010-11 and found this.

A mahindra maxximo mini van sketch printed on each page. who the hell is in charge of this? :P
ROFL, thats a nice find. You should write to the TATAs and may be Mahindras stating this. Would be nice to see how they react!!
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 11:13   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Thanks for sharing, Tushky. This definitely deserves an entry into the hall of shame! How on earth did this ever get approved for final print.

Shocking, hilarious and inexplicable...all together. A chief competitor's vehicle splashed all over your annual report, no less! I am at a complete loss for words and am sure that heads are going to roll.

P.S. I would give anything to see Mahindra's reaction on this.

P.P.S. I just downloaded the annual report from TataMotors.com and see the Mahindra Maxximo used all of 140 times!!!!!

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2011 at 11:20.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 11:20   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Blunder of 2011: Tata Motor's Annual Report uses Mahindra Maxximo images on each

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks for sharing, Tushky. This definitely deserves an entry into the hall of shame! How on earth did this ever get approved for final print.

Shocking, hilarious and inexplicable...all together. A chief competitor's vehicle splashed all over your annual report, no less!!! I am at a complete loss for words and am sure that heads are going to roll.

P.S. I would give anything to see Mahindra's reaction on this.
This not shocking for me (it is from Tata anyway). This is really funny. Mahindra should sue Tata for using their vehicle .
rameshnanda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 11:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, they could splash the images of this report all over the boards to market the Maxximo. Free advertising!
Old 5th November 2011, 11:41   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

This is absolutely shocking. Tata Motors investors should demand an explanation from the board for this boo-boo. It's also the funniest you-can't-make-this-stuff-up thing I've read in ages!

Good catch tushky! That pic of the Maxximo you posted may well be the source of the one in the annual report: imagine that, Tata's marketing department probably paid millions to their agency to design that and they lop it off Google withoput even checking. Shameful!
Old 5th November 2011, 11:43   #7
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th November 2011 at 16:48.
naveenroy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 5th November 2011, 12:14   #8
BHPian

This is embarrassing in a mr bean kind of way - corporate comedy and bungling of monumental proportions, industry insiders are going to have a ball about this.

The best they can do is quickly correct it and acknowledge a design-printing 'issue'.
raul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 12:23   #9
BHPian

well looking at the heading, i thought its the coloured pictures that they posted all across. Thankfully its just outline. No one can claim anything out of it since there are so many unfinished designs with engineering throughout that it will resemble one vehicle or other.

Doesnt mean anything to me and i dont think any heads will roll whatsoever .
Old 5th November 2011, 12:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

May be M&M is buying out Tata Motors so they can have also JLR with Tata and also get to use Fiat engines: Many mangoes with a single stone. hahaha. On close inspection they will also claim that it's Tata Magic, coz these "OMNI" clones all look the same but they won't half as refined as the OMNI.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 5th November 2011 at 12:30.
Old 5th November 2011, 12:39   #11
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
This is embarrassing in a mr bean kind of way - corporate comedy and bungling of monumental proportions, industry insiders are going to have a ball about this.

The best they can do is quickly correct it and acknowledge a design-printing 'issue'.
Based on how Tata Motors handled the Nano burning issue (pun intended), let me guess how would they react to this mess.

They would issue a statement that there is nothing wrong with the report and the images used. At the same time, if the customer wants, he/she can buy 140 stickers from Tata Motors with a "more accurate" image of Venture and paste them at the appropriate places in the report.

Last edited by SDP : 5th November 2011 at 13:00.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 12:40   #12
Senior - BHPian

Great find! Once again I am astonished of the observational power some team-bhpians possess, and hope to get to that level someday!
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 12:42   #13
BHPian

Would be interesting to see if Mahindra actually did sue TML just to rub salt into the wounds. Can they legally do so? Shame on TML for this.
Old 5th November 2011, 12:53   #14
BHPian

OMG. That's just not acceptable. Has anyone pointed this to Anand Mahindra on twitter ? Heard he is pretty active there. Or can someone post him this link. Would love to see his reaction to this
Old 5th November 2011, 13:04   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata motors should give full control to the team heading its TV advertisement department. After all the TV adds are the only thing that the Tata's have got right recently.

The best part is they are not even ready to acknowledge the mistake which can be easily blamed on human error or something. Rather they choose to mail you back claiming it to be the Venture and further making a fool out of themselves.

Most Viewed