Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2011, 11:29   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AGAIN!

Yes, its really true, Hyundia servicing is costly. I normally service my Honda city at almost half the price compared to my Santro.

Last service i paid Rs 1600 for Honda city and for Santro it was Rs 2900.

Last edited by shamanth : 7th November 2011 at 11:30.
Old 7th November 2011, 11:40   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maintaining a Hyundai or Maruti becomes more expensive. Labour rates increased AGAIN!

I guess not only the labour is costly for a Hyundai. Some suspension/transmission parts of the Santro are rumored to be priced similar to the corresponding parts in a C segment sedan.

btw, does someone know what all is done in a "paid service" for a Santro?
Old 7th November 2011, 11:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

I got to realize the looting of Hyundai as soon as my free services are over for my Getz. I realized the high service cost of Hyundai in 2008 itself.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:23   #19
BHPian

From my experience, Hyundai was always among the costliest in its class.

This could be partly due to the pathetic Hyundai dealer at my place. Always very good at fleecing. Maruti, obviously and surprisingly Ford were a lot better.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

If this is so, Hyundai A$$ is costly & for some it is even below par, how come they have such a market share? It is not the cars for sure. Fiat with a lot better cars fail miserably. Is it because of the network? Or because of marketing?
Old 7th November 2011, 12:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
If this is so, Hyundai A$$ is costly & for some it is even below par, how come they have such a market share? It is not the cars for sure. Fiat with a lot better cars fail miserably. Is it because of the network? Or because of marketing?
A little of everything. The first and foremost is that they came in early when we had only MSIL products. People wanted to experience something different and new. Hyundai offered the Santro which was priced similarly, had great space, tall boy hatch so seating was quite comfortable, much better interior quality and similar FE figures. And it sold like anything.

Hyundai has many things ticking for it right from good pricing, premium interiors for its class, overall reliable cars and a good after sales network. Marketing wise also its pretty active and I think the most advertisements I have seen is from them.
Old 7th November 2011, 13:12   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Maintaining a Hyundai can now make you bankrupt. The labour rates are shockingly expensive in Delhi.
Overpricing the cars, overpricing the parts, overcharging for services... This is the typical Hyundai way of making their cars premium! KPS, any explanation for this from your side, as usual?
Old 7th November 2011, 13:27   #23
BHPian

Hi Guys!!!!!Just got a 30k kms routine service done on my Getz Prime 1.1 from Trident Hyundai,Hosur Road,Bangalore and guess how much it cost???

Any Guesses???

No.Wrong!!!!

It cost me INR10,223/-!!!!!!!!!!!
Porschefire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 14:03   #24
BHPian

Could anyone please post the service charges of competitors (Maruti and GM) here ? I own i10 Magna and Ritz Vxi and for the 1st paid service - I paid 2625/- Rs for i10 (Trident Jakasanadra) and for Ritz 1st paid service charge is 5275/- Rs (Pratham Motors-ORR).

Last edited by skumar : 7th November 2011 at 14:12. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 7th November 2011, 14:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Hi Guys!!!!!Just got a 30k kms routine service done on my Getz Prime 1.1 from Trident Hyundai,Hosur Road,Bangalore and guess how much it cost???

Any Guesses???

No.Wrong!!!!

Its no surprise for me. I paid Rs. 10k+ for the 20,000 km service for my Getz 1.3 in 2009.
Old 7th November 2011, 14:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

I have come across a lot of people complaining about Hyundai service cost. Another thread on a similar topic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ctices-17.html
Old 7th November 2011, 14:37   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Are you serious? What all was done in the service? Any parts replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumar View Post
Could anyone please post the service charges of competitors (Maruti and GM) here ? I own i10 Magna and Ritz Vxi and for the 1st paid service - I paid 2625/- Rs for i10 (Trident Jakasanadra) and for Ritz 1st paid service charge is 5275/- Rs (Pratham Motors-ORR).
Did both the services have the same number of things done? I hope you are comparing bills with the same number of items. If yes, then this is confusing! I have observed by reading a number of posts here that different owners get different service charges for the same car.
Old 7th November 2011, 15:17   #28
Team-BHP Support

Shocking to see so many owners frustrated about the service costs of their Hyundai cars. It would be great to have a poll added to get an exact picture of the same.

sidindica - Hope you dont mind adding a poll to the thread.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th November 2011 at 15:19.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 15:19   #29
BHPian

Now I am really scared about my first paid service for my i20 coming up. How much should I expect? Would doing it in a HMP be better than dealers?
Old 7th November 2011, 15:57   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Are you serious? What all was done in the service? Any parts replaced?

Well,the 30k kms routine service included replacing the spark plugs,engine coolant,manual transaxle oil,brake and clutch fluids apart from the usual oil and oil filter replacements.
The only parts which were worn out and had to be replaced were brake pads,wiper blades and a light bulb i guess!
All this accounted to INR 7k+ and the rest were Labour and Misc charges!!!
As of now this is all i can remember.The numbers given above are approximate and if required,i can share the complete bill with you all!!

Last edited by Technocrat : 7th November 2011 at 22:33. Reason: fixed quotes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks