Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 17:15   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline gets some more features

That's exactly what I think the reason is. They want to create this awareness since the rapid is up for launch next week to differentiate itself from the skoda cousin. Intentional, I would say.

By the way - they conveniently missed mentioning about the deleted feature in this updated version - Interior survellience system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
They had silently upgraded it in September. (remember there was no announcement or communication to the media/press by VW back then)

Today, they made it official by making an official announcement of the same, in case prospective customers (who didn't know about these late-addition features) were wondering if the Vento diesels were VFM in comparison to the Skoda Rapid diesel due to be launched next week.

Old 11th November 2011, 18:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Don't know about Delhi, but a friend who bought his vento highline on the 29th of september got these as standard equipment. The dealer apparently told him back then that 11 cars with the above mentioned updates had arrived at Kolkata just days before, and his one was one such car. One thing though, at 11.20 lakhs on road in Kol, isn't the price a bit too high?
11.2 in Kolkata.
Can you please share the breakup.

I got mine for 10L even after opting insurance from VW.
Old 11th November 2011, 18:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
I dont think steering mounted controls and that audio system is available on petrol highline. I asked about it the last time and VW SA denied them being available on petrol highline.
Though it does come with breeze package - which includes a touchscreen ICE and park distance control - but certainly no steering mounted controls.
When I asked the VW SA, he said it is available in both petrol and diesel highline, confusing indeed!
Plus, the updated Vento brochure mentions Steering Controls as standard in Highline, doesn't specify petrol/diesel.

Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline gets some more features-sd.png
Old 11th November 2011, 18:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
11.2 in Kolkata.
Can you please share the breakup.

I got mine for 10L even after opting insurance from VW.
I am not entirely sure about the price break up.

But what I know is ex-showroom price was apparently 10.3 before the changes. With the changes, the price quotes were 10.6. Where did you buy the car? and when?
Old 11th November 2011, 18:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am not entirely sure about the price break up.

But what I know is ex-showroom price was apparently 10.3 before the changes. With the changes, the price quotes were 10.6. Where did you buy the car? and when?
It is from OSL Exclusive on Bypass, in the begining of 2nd quarter.
Ex-showroom was 9.3L. 40K for insurance and 15K corporate discount. Rest are taxes.

Are you sure the ex-showroom price is 10.6L?
Old 11th November 2011, 18:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
It is from OSL Exclusive on Bypass, in the begining of 2nd quarter.
Ex-showroom was 9.3L. 40K for insurance and 15K corporate discount. Rest are taxes.

Are you sure the ex-showroom price is 10.6L?
Yeap, same place. But to be honest I was equally shocked when he told me the prices[Although I haven't seen the invoice, I doubt he'll lie to me. He is kind of a chaddi badi.] Even now carwale lists avg. ex-showroom prices as 9.7 lac. Don't know whats going on here!
Old 11th November 2011, 19:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

It is very much possible that they have now introduced these in petrol variants too (earlier it was only diesel), kind of explains the timing of this message. Kind of correlate since they had huge inventory of petrol vento's lying unsold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
When I asked the VW SA, he said it is available in both petrol and diesel highline, confusing indeed!
Plus, the updated Vento brochure mentions Steering Controls as standard in Highline, doesn't specify petrol/diesel.
Ex-showroom is only 9.77 lakhs. It definitely cannot be more than 10 lakhs at any case.

Quote:
Yeap, same place. But to be honest I was equally shocked when he told me the prices[Although I haven't seen the invoice, I doubt he'll lie to me. He is kind of a chaddi badi.] Even now carwale lists avg. ex-showroom prices as 9.7 lac. Don't know whats going on here!
Old 12th November 2011, 20:24   #38
BHPian

can we buys the touch screen version in jetta for our vento... Orion motors Hyderabad says we cant... ?
Old 14th November 2011, 10:07   #39
Senior - BHPian

UPDATE :

Tankfull to tankfull checked today. Returning 17 kmpl. City running only. A.C 100% Odo at 695 kms..

Clutch pipe still not available

Cheers
Old 14th November 2011, 10:35   #40
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

essential for them to create differentiation considering that the little cousin the Rapid is days away from landing in the market and changing the game!
Old 14th November 2011, 11:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
essential for them to create differentiation considering that the little cousin the Rapid is days away from landing in the market and changing the game!
Intention of implementing these features is purely marketing of the product. company needs to do some mid-life refreshment of the product.
Rapid is definitely not the reason as these things are planned much in advance to alter anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
It is very much possible that they have now introduced these in petrol variants too (earlier it was only diesel), kind of explains the timing of this message. Kind of correlate since they had huge inventory of petrol vento's lying unsold!

Ex-showroom is only 9.77 lakhs. It definitely cannot be more than 10 lakhs at any case.
you are right Bala, these things are also implemented for Petrol. Only thing is that not many people are buying Petrol cars now a days and so no new cars with additional features are coming in the market because the pipeline stock needs to be cleared first (first built, first out concept).

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveanddrive View Post
Please see my answer above to Bala for the same.
Old 25th February 2012, 18:36   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
i too got these features as standard. the new head unit is from jetta, steering controls etc.

i am awaiting the delivery. the car will come to stockyard on saturday.

also the VIN no has changed and includes CT i.e 2012 model.

You are right Amit, the steering controls are from the Jetta, but some functions are not functional like the Bluetooth facility.
Old 10th April 2012, 22:07   #43
BHPian

I asked Abra Motors, Chennai if I can get the steering audio controls installed on my Dec 2010 Vento and prompt came the answer "No Sir ! Not possible now". Despite my insistence for the OE part, they weren't ready to do that. Can we get this done after market ?

Most Viewed