Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2011, 12:31   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline gets some more features

High Points

- The Vento Diesel (Highline) finally gets steering mounted audio controls. Park distance control & the RCD 310 Music System with USB & 4 speakers have also been added to the standard equipment list.

- Priced @ Rs. 9,77,500/- ex showroom Delhi.

- Rapid effect? Skoda's Vento-based sedan is due for launch in the coming week.

Related Threads:

- VW Vento Review

Last edited by GTO : 10th November 2011 at 12:33.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 12:37   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Diesel Highline gets some more features

Don't know about Delhi, but a friend who bought his vento highline on the 29th of september got these as standard equipment. The dealer apparently told him back then that 11 cars with the above mentioned updates had arrived at Kolkata just days before, and his one was one such car. One thing though, at 11.20 lakhs on road in Kol, isn't the price a bit too high?
Old 10th November 2011, 12:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

i too got these features as standard. the new head unit is from jetta, steering controls etc.

i am awaiting the delivery. the car will come to stockyard on saturday.

also the VIN no has changed and includes CT i.e 2012 model.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:16   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey what is park distance control exactly? Its the one with display on the screen or just the regular sensors with beep? Secondly can anyone list out the features of the RCD 310 music system?

Overall a good move by VW. I just hope they also bring in a comfortline variant now of the Vento.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey what is park distance control exactly? Its the one with display on the screen or just the regular sensors with beep? Secondly can anyone list out the features of the RCD 310 music system?

Overall a good move by VW. I just hope they also bring in a comfortline variant now of the Vento.
I think its the one with the display on the screen.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:39   #6
BHPian

I dont understand what prevents them to make these common features standard on all of their highline models. Polo HL definitely deserves these features for the price that VW is demanding.
sids911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 13:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Surely seems like the "Rapid" effect. Now that Vento and Rapid are being manufactured side by side, it is only natural that VW gives the same features in the Vento too. Given that VW is considered to be, the more expensive one amongst the two.

It could have been better, if they launched the car with those features initially though.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:49   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
High Points

- The Vento Diesel (Highline) finally gets steering mounted audio controls. Park distance control & the RCD 310 Music System with USB & 4 speakers have also been added to the standard equipment list.
Excellent move by VW . The sedan was crying to get close to ' value for money ' tag . Now with these features its one step closer to the same .

Get the steering mounted audio controls and the RCD 310 system into the Polo Highline model and I am on my way to the VW showroom to book the Polo TDI highline .
OT
@ GTO , a question / rumor that is floating around , would vw get this to Polo or to get greedier , is the 1.5 tdi coming anytime soon ? Tough question I know unless you have some inside contacts .
The lack of confirmation about these is the only thing which is making me wait to get a Polo Tdi .

Quote:

Volkswagen Accessories - RCD 310 MP3 radio
It says
For endless listening enjoyment on every journey, the RCD 310 MP3 radio, not only takes CDs, but also plays your favourite audio tracks in MP3 format. The RCD 310 MP3 radio also features a MEDIA-IN port for connecting to external audio sources, such as MP3 players, iPods and USB sticks.
Old 10th November 2011, 14:10   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Hey what is park distance control exactly? Its the one with display on the screen or just the regular sensors with beep?.
Its the sensor that gets built into the central Audi control display. Its show visibly (via semi circles arranges radially, like waves coming out of the car) how far the obstacle is from the rear end of the car. Its not just an audio device.
Old 10th November 2011, 14:48   #10
Senior - BHPian

Will the audio output quality be significantly upgraded as well? I would have liked to see the reversing camera though. Aren't we customers getting so spoilt for chice and becoming very greedy now?
Old 10th November 2011, 15:03   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Rapid effect? Skoda's Vento-based sedan is due for launch in the coming week.
Could be, but I doubt it. More like a knee-jerk reaction to the high number of bookings for the gadget filled Verna as compared to the Vento.

These have been available in Vento Tdi for close to two months now. I thought VW had brought out a few more new features, when I saw the thread topic

Quote:
It's a black&white analog display of the car on the music system display.

Along with the beep sounds, the display also shows a rough picture of the car, with the direction shown in which the obstacle is present at the back. As we head closer to the obstacle, it is reflected on the screen along with the increasing tone of the beeps.

As for the features, check any of the latest vento threads (Rachit/prabhu/mine) - we have discussed on it a lot. The display's different, and there's a usb slot in the glove box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Its the sensor that gets built into the central Audi control display. Its show visibly (via semi circles arranges radially, like waves coming out of the car) how far the obstacle is from the rear end of the car. Its not just an audio device.
Semi-circles? Waves? lol. Nice way of putting it.

And my Vento has the same sensor system as an Audi? I don't think so! Probably a scaled down version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Will the audio output quality be significantly upgraded as well? I would have liked to see the reversing camera though. Aren't we customers getting so spoilt for chice and becoming very greedy now?
We aren't alone - the manufacturers are right behind us.

Be ready to rake out a few more moolah, and VW'll oblige. Please note the above upgradations came at an additional cost of 34k (plus increase in Road tax & Insurance).

As for your Q, no the sound music quality's pretty much the same. The speakers sound marginally better, but can't really say.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 10th November 2011 at 15:08.
ninjatalli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 15:10   #12
BANNED

this is old news, way before rapid came out, 2 people i know have this version already.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:38   #13
BHPian

Is there any difference between the old and new trendline vento
Old 10th November 2011, 16:45   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post
Is there any difference between the old and new trendline vento
Parking sensors come by default in trendline in the newer ones.
Old 10th November 2011, 16:59   #15
BHPian

This is pretty old news as said by Ninja.
Also, these features are available on Petrol Highline too and the Park distance control is now standard across the range.

Most Viewed