Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2011, 19:05   #16
BHPian

Re: How honest was your Dealer/Manufacturer during your Car purchase?

Great thread Ramesh, for me my first car was in 2004, booked a Wagon R with CARS India, Virugmbakkam(now at Porur), the SA was really good, delivered the car on the promised date, the buying experience then was hassle free.

2009 - Was back from a brief stint abroad and wanted a much more peppy car, liked the swift a lot, but the indifferent attitude of the sales reps and the huge supply demand gap made me shun the Swift.

2009 - 2011 Oct, have been looking out for a all-new car launches and have been TDing every new launch in the market. Have visited almost all the dealerships in Chennai and IMO pre-sales has a taken a huge hit with the demand rocketing.

2011- Oct, booked a Linea MJD Emotion with VST Motors, Chennai and have been cursing my luck since then.

My best experience so far, was with Ford's MPL Cars near Nandanam, Mr. Gajendran, the sales manager explained every feature of the Figo, sat with me for a discussion on the competition, also rite from the brochure everything was absolutely good. Had almost decided to go for the Figo, but sadly family did not like the design one bit, so dropped it.

I guess these days even a decent brochure is a hard find and SAs are just miffed if you post too many questions at them.

Guess the days of the Customer is King era is done for and now its "Dealer is the King and you are at my mercy" times.

So as the Govt. campaigns, I am signing off too with JAGO GRAHAK JAGO
Old 17th November 2011, 04:20   #17
BHPian

I am curious can some explain to me how the car buying process works in India? Its different than in the U.S.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:52   #18
BHPian

We recently bought a Chevy Beat Diesel from Kropex, Hosur Road, Bangalore. From Day one started with enquiry, test drives, booking & delivery was simply splendid.

He gave me the VIN when the car was lifted off the factory, a week later I went the stockyard before the PDI and registration to check on the car. It had run 54 KM's. He said the car has to come from Nelamangala or somewhere. Most of the cars in the stock yard had almost the same kind of KM's clocked. So I did not bother too much.

Rohan was the Sales Contact from their Dealership who was very accommodating & did answer all the questions to the best of his knowledge. My sales experience with them was very good, but service so far has been the opposite.
Old 17th November 2011, 11:02   #19
BHPian

Ford Figo 1.2 ZXi, Caculo Ford, Goa- 7th November 2011
The experience was good throughout except once when they asked me to pay upfront to get a latest manufactured car from Ford Chennai directly. I complained to Ford and they set it right in 2 hours flat. SA Margareete/Asif were really helpful and well advised. Bargained hard with SA/SM/GM but could not get any freebies. to Manufacturer and OK to dealer.

Akshay

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks