Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2012, 00:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November

Found this link today. They've quoted me and the photograph shows Team-BHP session as well.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages...nt%20ever.aspx
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2012, 04:12   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: *Delhi* BHPians - Ford's Driving Skills for Life program on Sunday, 27th November

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
High Points:

Keeping in mind Team-BHP's commitment to safe driving, Ford is organising a "Driving Skills for Life" program only for BHPians & Team-BHP's guests. You can own any make of car as a participant (or even not own one at all). Only requirement is a commitment to driving safe, and motivation to improve your driving skills. Participation is free of cost.

- What? Refer to the post below for my report on the DSFL program.

- When? Sunday November 27th, 2011 at Ford Motors India, DLF Cyber City, Phase 2, Building No- 10 C, Third Floor, Gurgaon - 122 005.

- Time? 10:30 am – 1:30 pm. Refreshments will be served to all participants.

- Capacity? The session can accommodate 30 BHPians. Prior registration is mandatory.

- How do I register? Drop an email to drivesafe@team-bhp.com specifying the session you are attending, your full name & cell number.

Thanks to Ford India for organising this event for us, and for pro-actively conducting the DSFL program across the country. India is in dire need of safer roads.

P.S. Good chance to meet fellow BHPians too
@GTO - Would you happen to know if Ford is planning to do this in other cities across India as well. I would be very keen to attend one of these.

My brother attended one of these given by BMW (he is an owner) in South Africa and was telling me about some of the things he learnt and how they differed from what we were taught.

Does anybody here drive with their hands in the 10 to 2 position. What he was taught is that the best position is QUARTER TO THREE (one had around 3 and other around 9 on a clock). The logic is that this position gives you the most mobility to turn a steering wheel in an emergency without having to move your hands off the wheel

Most Viewed