Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 02:59   #166
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
I recently noticed that when I insert the key and turn to the MAR position, I hear a bzzz sound. This goes off after a few secs. I assume it is the heater sound.
THis could be Fuel Pump start up. Normal.

Quote:
The other one I noticed is that about the brake pedal. I hear a hissk hissk sound when i press the brake pedal. Also I notice that when i apply brake when the vehicle is in movement, i hear the krrk krrk sound. I usually hear this when I bring back my car from water service, but not sure if it is the same case in my new car.
Does it come when the car is about to stop after braking?
Old 27th September 2009, 03:35   #167
BHPian

Aero Style Flat wipers

Hi Linea/Punto owners,
Did you know that the fancy and nice looking wipers blades your cars have are called Aero style (flat blade) wipers. They are supposed to offer following advantages:
  • Aerodynamic design which reduces noise
  • Joint less structure which allows the blade to be wrapped against curved windscreens
  • Infinite number of pressure contact points ensuring smear free clean across the windscreen
  • Even pressure across the wiper ensuring a high quality wipe with improved cleaning action and better improved visibility

What is your feedback about the actual performance in the recent rainy season. Are these significantally better than the conventional wipers?
Old 27th September 2009, 03:44   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Hi Linea/Punto owners,
Did you know that the fancy and nice looking wipers blades your cars have are called Aero style (flat blade) wipers. They are supposed to offer following advantages:
  • Joint less structure which allows the blade to be wrapped against curved windscreens
  • Infinite number of pressure contact points ensuring smear free clean across the windscreen
  • Even pressure across the wiper ensuring a high quality wipe with improved cleaning action and better improved visibility
What is your feedback about the actual performance in the recent rainy season. Are these significantally better than the conventional wipers?
Yeap. Much Much Much better than the conventional one. I mentioned it in my ownership thread after 2 long drives this monsoon.
Old 27th September 2009, 07:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Yeap. Much Much Much better than the conventional one.
I totally agree that the wipers are very good. Infact I fell in love during my TD. It was raining moderately and the moment I turned on the wipers, wow what a view(remember I had a indica earlier and it had syndicate wipers). I have had lot of nightmares during night drives even when it was drizzling with my indica. But it was a fantastic car I had owned for around 54 months and 69000 on the odo.
Old 28th September 2009, 08:06   #170
BHPian

I read somewhere in these forums that Linea/Punto will identify if the engine has heated considerably (say if coolant has leaked, or whatever other reason), and will shut it down automatically and ask you to pull over. Can someone confirm? A audio warning is particularly useful here.

In my Indigo(LS), I faced the problem about 3 years back. One of the heat sensor fuse went bad (the one which triggers the fan to get switched on). There was no audio warning (and it is difficult to monitor temp levels continuously). And this was ghat section. But there was no major damage, and Tata *** did the job well, and I have been running the car fine since then.

I will soon be owning a punto MJD.

--
Old 22nd October 2009, 21:06   #171
BHPian

I found this important piece of Information on 'Mouthshut' that I thought I can share in this thread for all the new Car buyers.

FRAUDULENT PRACTICES OF VEHICLE DEALERS
NEW CAR BUYERS SHORTCHANGED BETWEEN RS 5000 TO RS 15000

I would like to bring to your attention the fraudulent practice of all vehicle dealers across India in cheating new car buyers. All buyers of new vehicle across India are short changed between Rs 5000 to Rs 15000 towards registration expenses [which at best costs few hundreds] depending upon the vehicle model. Bunching registration expenses with the life tax and not providing a break up is a popular scam.
Most vehicle buyers in their enthusiasm fail to ask for a break up and are short changed by the dealers. I am writing this in the background of my latest experience with vehicle dealers.
Buyers beware, life tax is only 8% of the Ex-Showroom cost. All vehicle dealers provide an invoice that is consolidated bunching registration expenses with the life tax and they do not provide a break up. Registration expenditure should not be part of the invoice, and registration expenditure should at best work out to few hundred rupees and not several thousands.
Always ask for break ups, question all line items in the invoice. The proforma invoice at best should only contain Ex Showroom price, insurance and life tax. Other items are only optional.
Other items like extended warranty [it counts for nothing, please do not opt for extended warranty, the dealers never honour warranty programmes] and so called essential packs [which is nothing but inferior quality floor mats, dicky mats and mud flaps], which should be part of the standard offerings should be avoided by all vehicle buyers. The best quality accessories are available in the local markets at 50% of the dealership price

Please spread this message across all automotive forums to reach out to new vehicle buyers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 11:33   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
Hi Linea/Punto owners,

yes they are any day better than the normal ones. I guess the life span should also be more than the normal wipers.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:46   #173
MCR
BHPian

Request owners of Linea/Punto to list all the "hidden" features of the car.

Some features which I know(Punto Emotion) :
1. The cabin lights switch on when the car is unlocked through the remote.
2. The MID shows which door is open.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:44   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I found this important piece of Information on 'Mouthshut' that I thought I can share in this thread for all the new Car buyers.

FRAUDULENT PRACTICES OF VEHICLE DEALERS
NEW CAR BUYERS SHORTCHANGED BETWEEN RS 5000 TO RS 15000

I would like to bring to your attention the fraudulent practice of all vehicle dealers across India in cheating new car buyers. All buyers of new vehicle across India are short changed between Rs 5000 to Rs 15000 towards registration expenses [which at best costs few hundreds] depending upon the vehicle model. Bunching registration expenses with the life tax and not providing a break up is a popular scam.
Most vehicle buyers in their enthusiasm fail to ask for a break up and are short changed by the dealers. I am writing this in the background of my latest experience with vehicle dealers.
Buyers beware, life tax is only 8% of the Ex-Showroom cost. All vehicle dealers provide an invoice that is consolidated bunching registration expenses with the life tax and they do not provide a break up. Registration expenditure should not be part of the invoice, and registration expenditure should at best work out to few hundred rupees and not several thousands.
Always ask for break ups, question all line items in the invoice. The proforma invoice at best should only contain Ex Showroom price, insurance and life tax. Other items are only optional.
Other items like extended warranty [it counts for nothing, please do not opt for extended warranty, the dealers never honour warranty programmes] and so called essential packs [which is nothing but inferior quality floor mats, dicky mats and mud flaps], which should be part of the standard offerings should be avoided by all vehicle buyers. The best quality accessories are available in the local markets at 50% of the dealership price

Please spread this message across all automotive forums to reach out to new vehicle buyers.

In Mumbai the registration amount comes to 7% of the ex showroom price of the car. I have done my Linea's registration that way only n saved few thousand rupees. Dealers usually charge 4000 to 7000 extra above the actual registration amount. Plus depot charges, broker charges for registration and all.
Old 29th October 2009, 02:42   #175
BHPian

TEAM
Did you know that FIAT has a Roadside assistance program that is available free to all Linea & Punto owners.

Please check and keep the details handy.

Seems like FIAT is really trying to bring peace of mind to all Linea & Punto owners.

Am sure that other brands may have something similar, but i felt good reading this program, Details are available on the Fiat India website.
I am uploading the attachment and also talks about committment to ***.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fiat-Roadside-Assistance-Manual.pdf (2.44 MB, 1363 views)
Old 12th November 2009, 18:30   #176
J.Ravi

Manual central locking from inside the cabin.

I have been exploring my Fiat Linea for more than a month. We all knew that all the doors gets locked automatically, when the speed exceeds 20 kmph, unless setting is done to deactivate it. I found out [by trial and error!] that central-locking of all four doors can be manually done from inside the cabin by pressing the door lever towards the door. This facility is available for both the driver and his front co-passenger. But, the tragedy is, this feature has not been explained anywhere in the owner's handbook! Similarly, the other two features, which are already discussed here [viz., back-folding of ORVM towards the fender and opening of fuel lid flap by pulling the loop of the thread from inside the boot] are also not mentioned anywhere in the owner's handbook. I used CEO Corner in Fiat India website, but there is no response. Then, I called the toll-free number and informed the customer care guy about these features and there ended the matter! There is a big communication gap between Fiat India and its customers.

Old 12th November 2009, 18:52   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I have been exploring my Fiat Linea for more than a month. We all knew that all the doors gets locked automatically, when the speed exceeds 20 kmph, unless setting is done to deactivate it. I found out [by trial and error!] that central-locking of all four doors can be manually done from inside the cabin by pressing the door lever towards the door. This facility is available for both the driver and his front co-passenger. But, the tragedy is, this feature has not been explained anywhere in the owner's handbook!
This is how the central locking works in Palio too. I thought it was quite intitutive. Its the same system in the Uno too.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:50   #178
BHPian

Jump folders of a CD/USB

Hi

Pardon my laziness to go through manuals. But can anyone give me a quick walk-through of how to jump and select folders on a MP3 CD and USB stick?

Thanks.
Old 13th November 2009, 16:54   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Do you know Linea does have Rain Sensor, which is activated by the intermittent wiper switch? I am getting the detail of al these little goodies and will post in a day or two.
Nehamit - can you help me understand this feature?

Thanks.
Old 13th November 2009, 17:06   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
This is how the central locking works in Palio too.
True. Only thing was I got to know it after 3 years of owning my Palio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed