Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2010, 11:55   #301
BHPian

Hiss....

I'm close to the 35K mark on my Linea MJD Emotion, after the 3rd service i have realized that there is a strange hissing noise from the engine bay as i accelerate, which i can hear with the windows down only. Don't remember hearing this sound prior. Vehicle performance is fine.
A few of the air filters were replaced/cleaned as a part of the 3rd service, could it be due to the . My initial perception was that this was the turbo but then that happens near the 2500 rpm mark. Any ideas? I'm still trying to guess.
Old 16th May 2010, 12:04   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
I drove my Linea today, fully occupied with 5 full size passengers in start-stop traffic, during the day when it is the peak of Delhi summer with outside temperatures as high as 41degrees. To my utter disappointment, the AC was absolutely ineffective. Within moments everyone inside the car was sweating profusely. The situation improved marginally only when I sped the car continuously at over 70KMPH.

Has anyone faced similar embarrassing situation in their Linea when the AC proved to be highly ineffective.
Forbhaskarm, Temp recorded in Delhi was 44 Degree on 15th and it may get even highier in other parts of Delhi, With fully loaded passengers in start stop traffic during the day is very difficult to keep any car cool, be it Linea or for that matter any other car.
Suggestion given by Geeash comes handy in this situation.
Best is to Park the car in cool (Under shadow) place for few minutes and open the widows and put AC on full till Tepmrature inside becomes little less than outside and than drive the car, you will feel better.
In peek summer temprature inside the car gets highier than outside.
Sun film also come handy in this situations.
Linea also Gets much more light inside due to very large glasses all around and makes cabin much more brighter and hot.

Last edited by jacksons : 16th May 2010 at 12:07.
Old 23rd May 2010, 20:50   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Well I got them changed at the earliest , since didnt want to take any risks and all.
I got the brake pads for roughly Rs.2000
Rs.1911 to be exact.
The braking has definately improved and so is my confidence on high speeds
Another question this is for the people who brought their car in the first batch.
Fiat is changing the clutch plate assembly of the first batch due to supposedly some manufacturing defect.
Anyone knows anything about it?

One of TBHP guys owns a MASS and he told me swift needs a brake pad change every 25000kms and it costs 2500rs. Just a fyi...

Ciao
Samy
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:31   #304
BHPian

Team

The Linea MJD seems to have its engine retuned recently.
The Torque max is reached at 2000RPM from the earlier 2500 RPM. Also there is a marginal increase in BHP and Torque, with a reasonable increase (claimed) in FE.

1. Has anybody who has the earlier MJD TDed the new one, and can share views.
2. Are the above changes effected by a remap or are there any changes to hardware?
3. If its only a remap, how can existing users get one from Fiat.

Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:56   #305
BHPian

@PM-B:
I can only answer your 3rd question.
unfortunately,fiat won't remap/retune.
Old 5th June 2010, 20:52   #306
BHPian

I am not sure if everyone knows about it. I came across this feature while on my chennai trip. If you need to show your indicators (left or right) temporarily, you just need to push the indicator lever half-way to the left or right (as required). You need not put the full indicator and wait for it to cut off when you complete the turn. This way you dont have to worry if the indicator is in ON position or not. Later I checked in my tavera and this feature is availabe in that also. So I presume all cars would have it.
Old 5th June 2010, 21:36   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I am not sure if everyone knows about it. I came across this feature while on my chennai trip. If you need to show your indicators (left or right) temporarily, you just need to push the indicator lever half-way to the left or right (as required). You need not put the full indicator and wait for it to cut off when you complete the turn. This way you dont have to worry if the indicator is in ON position or not. Later I checked in my tavera and this feature is availabe in that also. So I presume all cars would have it.
Yes, almost all cars have this feature, very useful when changing lanes etc. So it is not a Linea specific one.
Old 6th June 2010, 07:47   #308
BHPian

I bought a Linea MJD Emotion on 16th May . Now with 2500kms on the Odo it drives like a dream. But just faced two niggling issues.
First rear-left door refuses to open from outside even if the car is unlocked. It can be opened from inside. All the other doors do not have this issue.
Secondly glove box door latch seems faulty. The glove box opens up every now and then. I have put a cellotape there as a stop-gap arrangement, need to sort this out on 12th June when I will be taking it for my first free service.

--Vikrant
Old 6th June 2010, 14:46   #309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I bought a Linea MJD Emotion on 16th May . Now with 2500kms on the Odo it drives like a dream. But just faced two niggling issues.
First rear-left door refuses to open from outside even if the car is unlocked. It can be opened from inside. All the other doors do not have this issue.
Secondly glove box door latch seems faulty. The glove box opens up every now and then. I have put a cellotape there as a stop-gap arrangement, need to sort this out on 12th June when I will be taking it for my first free service.

--Vikrant
Congrats Vikrant for new car and welcome to club Lineans.
Have you opened a thread for your new car, if not then please do so.
Old 6th June 2010, 21:34   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post

--Vikrant

Hi vikrant,

My linea too had the same issue (unable to open the rear-left door from outside ). I showed the car to the dealer and rectified it ( sales person agreed there were some issue but the PDI in-charge refused to accept it. )
Old 7th June 2010, 09:52   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagull76 View Post
Hi vikrant,

My linea too had the same issue (unable to open the rear-left door from outside ). I showed the car to the dealer and rectified it ( sales person agreed there were some issue but the PDI in-charge refused to accept it. )
Hey Seagull hopefully it is a quick fix . Right .

--Vikrant
Old 7th June 2010, 10:05   #312
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdudesamy View Post
One of TBHP guys owns a MASS and he told me swift needs a brake pad change every 25000kms and it costs 2500rs.
My swift has done 40000 kms - brakes are still good. As per the MASS guy, they should be good for another 10000 km atleast.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:11   #313
BHPian

Linea has introduced a new colour and she looks gorgeous in this. Has any of the members seen this colour on the road yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-dsc04870.jpg  

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-dsc04871.jpg  

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-dsc04872.jpg  

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-dsc04873.jpg  

Old 13th June 2010, 02:18   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I'm close to the 35K mark on my Linea MJD Emotion, after the 3rd service i have realized that there is a strange hissing noise from the engine bay as i accelerate, which i can hear with the windows down only.
Have always heard that on the Linea whenever I accelerate from low revs in higher gears. Thought it was the air being drawn in through the air filter.

Did you know? (#42343):
-
The Linea A/C is utter rubbish and thats that.

There's a certain ambient temperature threshold beyond which it falls flat completely. Sadly, that threshold is always breached by a regular Chennai sunny day. All that coaxing and all seems a waste of time, when even the Palio does much better. I've been to the service centre atleast 5 times and its spent a total of nearly a month at the garage for this issue alone. The end result is an A/c that works maybe 10% better, and loose panels and broken bits here and there. Bottom-line : Don't buy the Linea if you plan to use the A/c :P

Last edited by Crazy_Eddy : 13th June 2010 at 02:33.
Old 13th June 2010, 11:15   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
Have always heard that on the Linea whenever I accelerate from low revs in higher gears. Thought it was the air being drawn in through the air filter.

Did you know? (#42343):
-
The Linea A/C is utter rubbish and thats that.

There's a certain ambient temperature threshold beyond which it falls flat completely. Sadly, that threshold is always breached by a regular Chennai sunny day. All that coaxing and all seems a waste of time, when even the Palio does much better. I've been to the service centre atleast 5 times and its spent a total of nearly a month at the garage for this issue alone. The end result is an A/c that works maybe 10% better, and loose panels and broken bits here and there. Bottom-line : Don't buy the Linea if you plan to use the A/c :P
I second that.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks