Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 13:20   #316
BHPian

I felt the same way about the puntos' ac initially.

things changed after I got it sunfilmed.
here's what to do to ensure your ac works well:
roll the windows down and put the blower on max,switch on the ac about five minutes later and you'll find better results.
Old 13th June 2010, 17:43   #317
Senior - BHPian

OT: My Figo takes quite some time to cool after parking in the sun for around 15 min. I've found that putting the blower mode to 'defogger-front-leg' while driving in such situations makes us feel much cooler. Maybe linea owners could try this out too.
Old 14th June 2010, 01:14   #318
BHPian

Try sunfilms. They will make a world of a difference in cooling the cabin.

Also, even with the sunfilms (or without them), similar to what sukrit said. But what i would suggest is to put switch on the fan (air-con off) in fresh air mode with the windows down. After 5 mins, roll your windows up & switch on the air-con with interior circulation mode.
Old 15th June 2010, 15:04   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
I second that.
FIAT has a solution for all those facing an issue with the AC. They're reprogramming the ECU so that the AC becomes more effective. Just got it done in my Linea and it seems to have done the job. The AC is super chilling now !
Old 15th June 2010, 16:21   #320
BANNED

Details on the reprogramming Ghost Rider ! What changes did they make ?
Old 15th June 2010, 16:24   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
FIAT has a solution for all those facing an issue with the AC. They're reprogramming the ECU so that the AC becomes more effective. Just got it done in my Linea and it seems to have done the job. The AC is super chilling now !
Hey ghost rider, would really appreciate if you tell some more details,
any drop in power, average, any costs involved, etc.
Old 16th June 2010, 08:34   #322
BHPian

Details on reprogramming ? They just hook up the car to their portable examiner system, and update the software for the automatic climate control system. Takes about 2 hours or so for the whole process.

This update is free and there are no costs involved. I haven't felt any drop in power or overall fuel efficiency.

I'm sure this update must be available with all the authorised service centers. I was in touch with the guys at Fiat regarding my AC issue and they got it sorted out very quickly. A BIG Thank You to Anand Kumar and Amit Srivastav from FIAT !!!!
Old 16th June 2010, 14:30   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Details on reprogramming ? They just hook up the car to their portable examiner system, and update the software for the automatic climate control system. Takes about 2 hours or so for the whole process.

This update is free and there are no costs involved. I haven't felt any drop in power or overall fuel efficiency.

I'm sure this update must be available with all the authorised service centers. I was in touch with the guys at Fiat regarding my AC issue and they got it sorted out very quickly. A BIG Thank You to Anand Kumar and Amit Srivastav from FIAT !!!!
No way ! That's awesome news.... Vineet !
Thanks for sharing. I'll get mine done pretty soon.
Old 16th June 2010, 14:45   #324
BHPian

Quote:

ghost_rider, thanx for this info. I'll get it done this time when I get home. Do we need to request them to reprogram the CCU or would they do it without saying? By the way, we are all waiting on an update from your on your new KENWOOD ICE & do you still have the blue&me with it?
Old 17th June 2010, 11:56   #325
BHPian

Quote:
No way ! That's awesome news.... Vineet !
Thanks for sharing. I'll get mine done pretty soon.

Update - Just gave my car at Sterling Noida for the ECU remap/re-progarm/software upgrade. The service guy also informed me that the remap will not only increase the AC efficiency but it will also increase the max power output to 93PS. Not sure if that stands true or that he has grossly over-rated the ECU remap thing.

Has anyone with Multijet Linea got this done & felt any change?
Old 17th June 2010, 13:28   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Update - Just gave my car at Sterling Noida for the ECU remap/re-progarm/software upgrade. The service guy also informed me that the remap will not only increase the AC efficiency but it will also increase the max power output to 93PS. Not sure if that stands true or that he has grossly over-rated the ECU remap thing.

Has anyone with Multijet Linea got this done & felt any change?

i got my Linea multijet serviced yesterday. on asking them about the re-maping, they told me that its just for the petrol vehicles. even i was facing problems with the ac, but changing the filter and cleaning the ducts made a lot of difference.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:13   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.N.G.H View Post
i got my Linea multijet serviced yesterday. on asking them about the re-maping, they told me that its just for the petrol vehicles.
This is in fact very true! I was informed about this yesterday when I went to collect my car. What the service guys said was "Diesel engine does not require the remap as it is already providing an optimum performance." On asking further why FIAT is not calling all its petrol Linea customers to get the remap done, he replied " FIAT does not want to create a panic in the market with such open statements as it might mount to a 'Recall'. All service centers have been asked to voluntarily do this as & when they get the cars for running repairs or service."
Old 27th June 2010, 12:16   #328
BHPian

I got this mail from Fiat today regarding 'Fiat first monsoon checkup camp' all over india. The schedule is as given below.
That's FIAT's another step towards customer satisfaction and care for Customer safety. Three Cheers to FIAT. Hip Hip Hurraaaay!!!
Camp Schedule North Region5th July – 31st July East Region 28th June – 31st July South Region 28th June – 31st July West Region 28th June – 31st July
Camp Schedule
North region 5th July – 31st July
East region 28th July – 31st July
South region 28th June – 31st July
West region 28th June – 31st July
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-fiat-checkup.jpg  

Last edited by jaisha8 : 27th June 2010 at 12:17.
Old 13th September 2010, 22:45   #329
BHPian

i was just trying to play an MP3 cd in random/shuffle mode in my linea and realised it is not possible to play it that way. Or, Its me who is not able to find the correct setting?
Old 14th September 2010, 01:13   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to determine if they've done this ECU update? My car went in for the second service a while back, but forgot to ask if they were updating it.

On a side note, does anyone else have this issue of the engine's power dropping noticeably each time the compressor kicks in? Gets a bit annoying in traffic to have the car suddenly slow down and suddenly lurch forward when the compressor kicks in and out respectively.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks