Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 17:35   #346
J.Ravi

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Most of the points in post #345 have already been mentioned and discussed in this thread. Some points [8, 9, 10, etc.] are described in FIAT Linea/Punto owner's handbook/Blue&Me booklet.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th November 2011 at 17:47.

Old 14th November 2011, 21:21   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Most of the points in post #345 have already been mentioned and discussed in this thread. Some points [8, 9, 10, etc.] are described in FIAT Linea/Punto owner's handbook/Blue&Me booklet.
I had created a new thread. I was not aware of this thread!
Old 14th November 2011, 21:28   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ I had recently taken my friend's Linea to Kerala. I could hear this air leak noise particularly at high speeds. Something like a window was not fully closed. Looks like a common thing in the Linea & Punto then.

The Tuscan Wine should be similar to the Morello in the Ford
I had this problem in my Adventure for sometime, but it vanished later .
Old 14th November 2011, 21:54   #349
BHPian

Can anybody confirm if the Punto/Linea plays the Mp3s that are being played on the Mobile phone in blue tooth mode after it is paired.

How about the volume increase based on the outside noise or on speed increase. Does it work well and effective.

I searched a bit and could not find answer on this forum.
Old 14th November 2011, 22:18   #350
BHPian

@muni- No, blue & me doesn't support a2dp and hence can't stream audio.

Yes, the volume increases with an increase in speed but the difference is subtle.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:11   #351
BHPian

Curious to confirm ... when my car was delivered new by the dealer, the fuel indicated empty and the car wouldnt start and finally, after they manually released the air, did it start. This is contrary to the point mentioned regarding the manual air release if fuel finishes.

Moreover, i want to confirm with all Punto owners that i hear an air leak sound in my car beyond the speed of 90, whereas there is no air leak. Is this normal in Fiats ?

Also, dont know if this is the right thread to ask but i have lost my security codes for the engine immobiliser of the car and also my Punto's manual.
How can i get them ?

Last edited by namit : 14th November 2011 at 23:13.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:22   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namit View Post
Curious to confirm ... when my car was delivered new by the dealer, the fuel indicated empty and the car wouldnt start and finally, after they manually released the air, did it start. This is contrary to the point mentioned regarding the manual air release if fuel finishes.

Moreover, i want to confirm with all Punto owners that i hear an air leak sound in my car beyond the speed of 90, whereas there is no air leak. Is this normal in Fiats ?

Also, dont know if this is the right thread to ask but i have lost my security codes for the engine immobiliser of the car and also my Punto's manual.
How can i get them ?
What do you mean by Air Leak? Can you please elaborate?
I advice you to contact the Fiat Customer Service at Fiat India for your Immobilizer code and for the duplicate copy of the Manual.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:25   #353
BHPian

Its a sound as if air is entering inside the cabin .... similar noise. Have already got it checked at the Fiat Service centre but no air leakage in actual nor do i feel the air coming in ... its just that kind of noise beyond the speed of 90 / 100 km/hr.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:30   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its a sound as if air is entering inside the cabin .... similar noise. Have already got it checked at the Fiat Service centre but no air leakage in actual nor do i feel the air coming in ... its just that kind of noise beyond the speed of 90 / 100 km/hr.
Ok. I got it. It should be the wind noise which you hear at high speeds. This happens in some car. Have your window beading checked properly. This will be the culprit for the noise you hear.
Old 14th November 2011, 23:37   #355
BHPian

I dont think any window beading is bad either as i told you that checked in winters with all windows rolled up and no air felt squeezing inside.

Moreover, the windows go an inch up inside the door boundary so doubt if window beading would actually lead to such a noise as windows close properly.
Old 15th November 2011, 00:22   #356
BHPian

Quote:

i found similar noise coming from my dad's 1.4 Linea. At speeds above 90 it comes from near the top of A pillar. Got it checked at the showroom, they got no clue. It feels like air is getting inside but there isn't any, just the noise. The noise doesn't come from the co-driver's window just the driver's side. I'm curious too, as to what the cause is.
Old 1st December 2011, 11:53   #357
Senior - BHPian

* In the Punto, in an unfortunate even of an accident, along with the fuel cut off, the doors automatically unlock & the cabin lights come on.

* The seat belt warning buzzer can be temporarily or permanently disabled.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:45   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
* In the Punto, in an unfortunate even of an accident, along with the fuel cut off, the doors automatically unlock & the cabin lights come on.

* The seat belt warning buzzer can be temporarily or permanently disabled.
Can you please explain how the seat belt warning buzzer be temporarily or permanently disabled?
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:59   #359
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think any window beading is bad either as i told you that checked in winters with all windows rolled up and no air felt squeezing inside.

Moreover, the windows go an inch up inside the door boundary so doubt if window beading would actually lead to such a noise as windows close properly.
The noise that you are referring to could be the noise made by the wind deflecting from the rear view mirrors. It's something to do with their design. It happens in my Accent too when the speed is close to a hundred [some sort of a faint whistle].

Please try closing the rear view mirrors and driving and check if the problem persists. If it does then it could be a problem with something else.
Old 3rd December 2011, 12:59   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Can you please explain how the seat belt warning buzzer be temporarily or permanently disabled?
To temporarily switch off the buzzer, get in the car, wear the seatbelt, switch on ignition for 25 seconds & switch it off, then remove seatbelt.

to permanently switch it off, contact FIAT ASC.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks