Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 13:13   #361
J.Ravi

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Can you please explain how the seat belt warning buzzer be temporarily or permanently disabled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
To temporarily switch off the buzzer, get in the car, wear the seatbelt, switch on ignition for 25 seconds & switch it off, then remove seatbelt.
The buzzer volume could be set to zero by pressing MENU ESC>Buzzer Volume>Zero. The buzzer will become mute. I hope, the buzzer volume setting is applicable to belt buzzer too as I have not set it zero so far.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 3rd December 2011 at 13:19.
  (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 11:26   #362
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
Can you please explain how the seat belt warning buzzer be temporarily or permanently disabled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The buzzer volume could be set to zero by pressing MENU ESC>Buzzer Volume>Zero. The buzzer will become mute. I hope, the buzzer volume setting is applicable to belt buzzer too as I have not set it zero so far.
As I suspected, the buzzer volume setting is not applicable for the belt buzzer. Just now, I tested it and found that belt buzzer cannot be muted. FIAT has correctly designed it in such a way that the belt buzzer cannot be silenced even if the buzzer volume is set to zero!
  (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 01:52   #363

Awesome Thread Guys. Bought a Linea E-pack yesterday and have been online going through all the threads. Thanking everyone who have posted on this thread for the valuable info . Bought a used Linea 2010 for 6 L with 35k on the odo :-).
Old 5th March 2012, 18:03   #364
Senior - BHPian

I have a query regarding follow me home headlamps,arent they supposed to come on automatically when ignition key is taken out?
in the scorpio they come on automatically,however in the linea they need to be turned on by pulling the stalk,is it or am i doing anything wrong?
Old 5th March 2012, 19:07   #365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I have a query regarding follow me home headlamps,arent they supposed to come on automatically when ignition key is taken out?
in the scorpio they come on automatically,however in the linea they need to be turned on by pulling the stalk,is it or am i doing anything wrong?
Thats true. You need to pull the stalk for the headlamps to work. Its not automatic. For each pull, the headlamp will remain on for 30 seconds.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2012, 21:12   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
10) Pull you headlamp stack once after car is switched off & key is taken out, follow me headlamp feature is activated. even that is customizable! pull lever once, headlamp stays on for 10 seconds. pull lever twice, headlamp stays on for 20 seconds, pull thrice, stays on for 30 seconds!
Hi,

Just checked for the time you mentioned, it will starts from 30seconds with increment of 30 seconds & ends at 210 seconds, it's not the 10seconds.
subbarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 23:24   #367
BHPian

Now that FIAT has come up with a new upgrade kit to rectify the Ground Clearance problem in FIAT LINEA, just wished to know if anyone has done an upgrade on their Linea's and how much is the difference in mm/ inch now. Also please put in the total price charged by the Service centre for the complete job.
These details would be very useful to owners who wish/ plan to upgrade their GC problem.
Old 16th March 2012, 23:31   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Now that FIAT has come up with a new upgrade kit to rectify the Ground Clearance problem in FIAT LINEA, just wished to know if anyone has done an upgrade on their Linea's and how much is the difference in mm/ inch now. Also please put in the total price charged by the Service centre for the complete job.
These details would be very useful to owners who wish/ plan to upgrade their GC problem.
I need to correct you before I reply. Actually, its not the kit to rectify the GC Problem. Its the kit to enhance the GC. If anyone wishes to do it can opt for it. Even if this is not done, its no problem at all.

Yes. Few have already done the GC upgrade. I enquired with TAFE, Chennai they confirmed me that the total cost is Rs. 10,900.
Old 17th March 2012, 00:49   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
I need to correct you before I reply. Actually, its not the kit to rectify the GC Problem. Its the kit to enhance the GC. If anyone wishes to do it can opt for it. Even if this is not done, its no problem at all.

Yes. Few have already done the GC upgrade. I enquired with TAFE, Chennai they confirmed me that the total cost is Rs. 10,900.
Yes, you are correct, to increase the GC and thanks for your feedback. I was told at Hyson Motors (Thrissur) that it would cost around Rs. 20k. So before giving my car, just wanted to make sure if the price tag for this upgrade is +/- same through out India; but I feel Hyson is charging exhorbitantly on this. I received a message from FIAT India on my Facebook that the price is Rs.10900/.
I shall wait for replies from other members as well.
Old 17th March 2012, 00:53   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you are correct, to increase the GC and thanks for your feedback. I was told at Hyson Motors (Thrissur) that it would cost around Rs. 20k. So before giving my car, just wanted to make sure if the price tag for this upgrade is +/- same through out India; but I feel Hyson is charging exhorbitantly on this. I received a message from FIAT India on my Facebook that the price is Rs.10900/.
I shall wait for replies from other members as well.
10.9K is just for the spares.
Installation and other charges are extra.
Old 17th March 2012, 00:59   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
10.9K is just for the spares.
Installation and other charges are extra.
Yes I read that as well on the mail, but still would it be 20k plus?
Old 17th March 2012, 01:05   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I read that as well on the mail, but still would it be 20k plus?
20K plus seems inflated,someone who has upgraded,can update here.
Old 17th March 2012, 09:45   #373
BHPian

I have never felt the need to upgrade. But then my drives are in mumbai/pune and around. if one is careful you can avoid scraping. sometimes i wonder if this gc issue is overhyped in case of Linea. Honda City (173 mm), Ford Fiesta (new, 156 mm), Figo have GC numbers below Punto/Linea. How come there are no complaints about this.
Palio_2005 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 14:55   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I have never felt the need to upgrade. But then my drives are in mumbai/pune and around. if one is careful you can avoid scraping. sometimes i wonder if this gc issue is overhyped in case of Linea. Honda City (173 mm), Ford Fiesta (new, 156 mm), Figo have GC numbers below Punto/Linea. How come there are no complaints about this.
There are other factors as well that contribute to this. For e.g. the longer wheel base is a significant factor. Having said that, I haven't felt the need to upgrade either. May be when my suspensions are due for a replacement, I will go for it.
Old 4th June 2012, 13:18   #375
BHPian

I faced the below problem.
I sent the below mail to Fiat customer service and received reply on their assurance to resolve the problem at the earliest the same day.

While going to Chengalpet (TN) yesterday (26.May.12), at Salem the Air conditioner failed and hot air was blowing. Due to the urgency of reaching our destinatione we continued in that hot climate to Chengalpet and also returned back early morning today to Thrissur without aircondition. Whole journey was pathetic as the kids could not bear the summer heat in TN and had to suffer it all along.
We use the car for long trips only in Emergencies and we had to drive as Train tickets were not available.
Even after a complete service at Hyson Motors, we had to suffer like this means, the very purpose of doing the Service at regular invervals is defeated and I am very upset about it.
I would be obliged and appreciate it if you could please kindly arrange to depute your Service representative tomorrow (28.5.2012) to look at the vehicle.
I sent this mail today to FIAPL.

I arrived from abroad yesterday and my wife informed me that as of yesterday, we have not heard anything from Hyson Motors (Fiat Service center at Thrissur) despite grievance reported by her to you on 27th May and your subsequent assurance in the below mails that our grievance would be resolved at the earliest. Also, subsequently she had sent you a reminder mail on 31st May for which there was no response.
Hence, I have delivered my car (Fiat Linea - KL08AQ 4567) today morning at 9.00 am to Hyson Motors for rectifying this problem of 'Non working Air conditioner'.

Later I received a call from Hyson Motors at 12.00 PM informing that one rubber pipe is damaged which needs replacement and the gas needs to be re-filled up and it would cost Rs.5000/- and would not be covered under warranty as my car is over 3 years old now. SA informed me that the cost of pipe itself would be Rs.2500 as it is high quality rubber and would last for long.

So I wish to bring to your kind notice that though my car is over 3 years old, it has run only 16500 kms when this happened and how can the high quality pipe get damaged after running so less kms when it has to last long. So I am sending this mail to you to get your favourable reply and I have advised him to wait and not rectify this until I hear from you on this. I kindly request you to look into this matter and advise us.

I would kindly request the members on this Forum to advise me on this. Do I have to pay the Rs. 5000 and get this rectified or wait for a reply from FIAT. Please advise.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks