Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 18:39   #31
BANNED

Another addition...

Though have not tested it, I think I read in manual that if you forget to put off the head lights, it automatically shuts off after 10 or 20 minutes (do not remember) of turning off engine/ locking the car
Old 28th August 2009, 18:59   #32
BHPian

Hi,

Great initiative Mr. pujari, thank you

From last 20 days i googling to get as much as info on G punto, & already have 3 test drives & very much decided, this thread build up more confidence on FIAT & TASS, Now it's time to GPunto owners to share their findings in the new thread or here only, thread name may be changed to Fiat Linea/GPunto - "Did you Know?" series
Old 28th August 2009, 19:35   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Another addition...

Though have not tested it, I think I read in manual that if you forget to put off the head lights, it automatically shuts off after 10 or 20 minutes (do not remember) of turning off engine/ locking the car
Yes I also think I read the same, but have not tried it out to see if that really happen
Old 28th August 2009, 19:55   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Couple from my side:

There is a warning beep if you attempt to drive off with handbrake on.

Gears,
Red-One.
There will be a warning beep for any error and not just for the handbrake. Eg- door open, boot open etc.
Quote:
Another addition...

No that is wrong. The lights will switch off immediately if we switch off the car with the lights on or for that matter even the side lights on. If we want to swith on the parking lights then we have to move the lights position to off and then back to the parking lamps position.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:15   #35
BHPian

Great!

Thanks a lot dear Amit for starting this thread. In fact you are one step ahead, always! I was thinking to start this type of thread as I came across some really nice, unique features of Linea from my service advisor which we do not know. Now, those little good things have the home to show!
Do you know Linea does have Rain Sensor, which is activated by the intermittent wiper switch? I am getting the detail of al these little goodies and will post in a day or two.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:51   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Do you know Linea does have Rain Sensor, which is activated by the intermittent wiper switch? I am getting the detail of al these little goodies and will post in a day or two.
Linea does not have rain sensors but the time gap between wipes in intermittent speed depends and varies according to the speed of the car. That's what the manual says.

Another point that I'd like to make, though it's not a feature its for the car betterment- the manual states that you should wait for about 2 seconds after pressing the clutch to engage the reverse gear. It helps in better and smooth engagement of the reverse gear.

Another thing that I wanted to bring to people's notice was heated ORVM. Now I've read in some threads that Linea has them and it was also there in the features list provided by the dealer but I've found no mention of it in the brochure or the manual. I once tested by switching on the rear defogger and checked the ORVM after some time but it was cold only. So can anyone confirm that?
Old 28th August 2009, 21:02   #37
Shivashara

Amit, Great, Great, Great, thats only I can say at moment but sure to give some useful inputs soon.

Old 28th August 2009, 21:17   #38
BHPian

I am a new Linea owner and I am finding this thread very helpful. Continue posting guys !!!
Old 28th August 2009, 21:32   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot to VahanPujari aka Amit for sharing these info.Being an owner of Fiat Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack I find this topic very useful and interesting.Hats off to you

Keep updating..!
Old 28th August 2009, 22:10   #40
BHPian

Nice thread Amit.
This should help all prospective linea owners and also present owners to rectify certain non-issues in their cars
Old 28th August 2009, 23:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Fuel cut off switch
There is a fuel cut off system in Linea wherein in any mishap or accident where sensors think its a big accident the fuel supply to car is cut off. If your car is in a drivable condition and you see that no oil or fuel is leaking. There is a switch left side below dashboard(pass airbag side). You can press it to restart fuel supply and start your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Linea does not have rain sensors but the time gap between wipes in intermittent speed depends and varies according to the speed of the car.
Lo, with 4000 kms done i never knew that such feature exists. If it does its indeed great. For me, when there is slight drizzling i like and use the 1 wipe feature as using wipers on dry glass makes scratches.

Quote:
I once tested by switching on the rear defogger and checked the ORVM after some time but it was cold only. So can anyone confirm that?
Ditto here, didnt touch the ORVM but the water droplets there remained as they were, they didnt evaporate as someone commented. Is there a problem with heating elemnets of our ORVM's? Want rain soon to try again, also after 10 or 15 minutes if the heating switch for orvm and rear windshield is not turned off, its automatically done by the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vahanpujari
Another addition...

Wrongly read Amit. This feature is for interior lights, the cabin light near the rear view mirror. If you leave that ON by mistake and lock the car and go away, Linea will automatically switch of all cabin lights after 15 mins and would save your battery from dischrging which is a wonderful feature.
I have myself tried it, was listening to audio with car off and it got switched off after 15 mins.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 28th August 2009 at 23:33.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Lo, with 4000 kms done i never knew that such feature exists. If it does its indeed great.
If you go by what the manual states then it does indeed exist.

Quote:
Ditto here, didnt touch the ORVM but the water droplets there remained as they were, they didnt evaporate as someone commented. Is there a problem with heating elemnets of our ORVM's? Want rain soon to try again, also after 10 or 15 minutes if the heating switch for orvm and rear windshield is not turned off, its automatically done by the car.
The timer is for 20 minutes and not 10-15 Minutes. The reason given is to prevent damage to the windshield.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:07   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Added to these Lists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Here are some of my additions:
Great Contribution Karthik & Sathya there on Rattles. Both of you & also CarsPG are our Experts on Rattles

Quote:
Some normal things which Linea owners feel as faults:
Well Said, CB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
1. that some people like me are still completely in awe of the beauty and love every bit of the time spent with her
FastLove - Thanks & you are the coolest of us all.

Quote:
A good initiative VP. I must give it to you for such an ingenius thread.
Thanks firstguri & great minute observation. You're clearing lots of small items here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
3. The A/C sometimes cuts off cool air and le6ts in warm air. This is quiyte normal functioning of ACC. After a while compressor may start again.
Very good list there Geeash.
Apart from AC drainage blockage, Linea ACC is automatically cuts off when the load increases especially climbing steep ghats etc. Some other cars also have this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Couple from my side:

There is a warning beep if you attempt to drive off with handbrake on.
Thanks Red-One. Did not know about this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Now it's time to GPunto owners to share their findings in the new thread or here only, thread name may be changed to Fiat Linea/GPunto - "Did you Know?" series
Am OK with this. After all Linea & Punto are siblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nehamit View Post
Thanks Dr Amit & firstguri. Did not know about this one.
Old 29th August 2009, 00:11   #44
BANNED

Quote:
No that is wrong. The lights will switch off immediately if we switch off the car with the lights on or for that matter even the side lights on. If we want to swith on the parking lights then we have to move the lights position to off and then back to the parking lamps position.
Quote:
This feature is for interior lights, the cabin light near the rear view mirror. If you leave that ON by mistake and lock the car and go away, Linea will automatically switch of all cabin lights after 15 mins and would save your battery from dischrging which is a wonderful feature.
I have myself tried it, was listening to audio with car off and it got switched off after 15 mins.
Yes. Headlights got mixed with Internal Lights. Internal Lights gets automatially switched off. Headlights, if left ON, gets switched off automatically as soon as you turn off the engine as firstguri said.
Old 29th August 2009, 01:24   #45
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks firstguri & great minute observation. You're clearing lots of small items here.
Thanks. The reason for that is, that I read the Owners manual (actually cram it up) completely before driving the car and I feel all owners should. A lot of their queries would be resolved just by going through the manual.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed