Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 11:10   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I m presently on the worksite, on my rig. When I called home today my wife complained of an unusual problem with my Linea. It was lying idle since last 10 days. Yesterday my cousing wanted to take it for a drive. After switching to the gear, releasing the hand brake, when he pressed the accelarator, the car wouldnt move. He pulled & released the hand brakes a couple of times and tried again but still the car is not moving forward or backward. When he is pushing the accelarator the back portion of the car is sinking (pressing) down but it is not moving even an inch. Has any of the members come across this strange behavior from their Linea.. Anyway my dad called our Linea representative and he said he would come home tomorrow and have a look. I reckon it would be some jammed brake. Hopefully there is nothing serious with my Linea and I m really worried as I am also not at home now!!
Can any one please advise if you know.
My car had this problem on 3rd Sept and same day my father called Fiat (our sales rep) and complained this problem. He said he would send somebody to attend the car the very next day. But it is 3rd day today and no one has bothered to even call and enquire about it, leave alone attending it. Now when my father tried to call the person (our sales executive) he has switched off the mobile. Such a rude behavior from the Fiat staff was least expected. Would any of the members know the 24 hour Toll free road assistance number so that my father can call them? Appreciate your kind assistance, please. I am now really worried if I have taken a wrong decision in buying a Fiat product...

Last edited by jaisha8 : 6th September 2009 at 11:13. Reason: spelling
Old 6th September 2009, 14:37   #122
BANNED

Jaisha

try 1800-2096-6688 or 1800-2096-7979

also since you're on the net, shoot a mail to service@fiapl.com

Check whom your father has spoken to. For Sales representatives, all over their 1st priority is sales then service. If he was a Service advisor not responding, try instead speaking to Service Manager or GM of TASS.

Things will come into motion.

BTW, never ever I even felt such problem in my car
Old 6th September 2009, 15:41   #123
Senior - BHPian

Jaisha,

Instead of contacting salesman your dad must have contacted the workshop guys directly.
Salesman job is sales so he will be least bothered as now he has sold you the car.

Search on net and get Tatamotors roadside assistance no, contact them.
Old 7th September 2009, 11:41   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Did you know? FIAT stands for 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino'
The first FIAT Car Factory waj in Turin.
FIAT Automobile is as old as 1899!
Yes, it means 'Italian automobile factory of Turin'.
Old 7th September 2009, 16:12   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Wrong answer. Its no bug but its a FEATURE. There is a option in your audio system from MENU called Speed Vol control, if its set to ON your audio system noise increases or decreases with speeds, set that to OFF.

Its just the brake dust which comes from front brake pads. Its common in many cars and is no fault.

Get it checked in the 2nd service at 15000 kms. Maybe the shockers need greasing, TASS will help you out.

Barring front wheel noise i dont see anything serious and that vol increases with speed is a feature.

Thanks buddy!!! You made my horrible Monday as pleasing as it could get. I've got what I was looking for and naively have set the speed volume control to off . Cheers!!!
Old 7th September 2009, 16:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Thats actually a feature !! - volume variable with the speed. If you do not like, you can put it off by selecting appropriate option in the Menu

If you're talking about slight humming sound while turning the steering fully to the dead end on any side, its normal

Thanks Pujari!!! That speed volume control hit me like a bullet But, I still have that fluttering sound coming out from the left A/C vent. Time to ring TASS?
Old 7th September 2009, 16:19   #127
BHPian

Do you have to apply extra force to shut the boot lid? Mine takes a lot of manual labour to get the lid shut, often 2 or three attempts. The boot lid is not a smooth operator as the remaining 99.99% of the car.

Is there a button / setting that I'm missing?
Old 7th September 2009, 16:37   #128
BHPian

Quote:
When A/C is set to fan it makes a unique fluttering sound as though a piece of plastic/paper is stuck in one of the vents. But, hold on... Once I turn on the A/C the noise goes away.
I also get a similar sound but it does not seem to berelated to compressor being on or off. I toook it to TASS but at that time no sound could be heard. I think it happens when putting on the AC after 6-8 hrs. It goes away in a little while. I had the pollen filter and belt checked. The AC technician did give me some long explanation about amount of air-flow etc which did not sound too convincing
Old 7th September 2009, 17:39   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
I also get a similar sound but it does not seem to berelated to compressor being on or off. I toook it to TASS but at that time no sound could be heard. I think it happens when putting on the AC after 6-8 hrs. It goes away in a little while. I had the pollen filter and belt checked. The AC technician did give me some long explanation about amount of air-flow etc which did not sound too convincing

Pragmite, where did you get your car checked? B.U Bhandari or Pandit?
Old 7th September 2009, 19:34   #130
BHPian

BU Bhandari. Story is here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1458723-post71.html
Old 8th September 2009, 16:53   #131
Senior - BHPian

Prash,
There is one more thing to your utomatic switching on of the media player. it occured in my car yesterday. But what i did

I plugged my USB after taking it out and turned the car to MAR. it started playing again . so i pressed windowns button and said " stop music" and then pressed the menu on the audio console and did restore to default. Now it does not play when i switch the key to MAR
Old 8th September 2009, 17:07   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
When A/C is set to fan it makes a unique fluttering sound as though a piece of plastic/paper is stuck in one of the vents. But, hold on... Once I turn on the A/C the noise goes away.
Inreverse when you switch to fan mode the air circulation switches automatically to fresh air mode. Maybe what you're hearing is the flap setting into position and thus cutting the air. I tried it yesterday during idle with fan set at the lowest speed, the fluttering sound was there but it was momentarily and hardly audible. And secondly most of the time the ICE is also on so its even harder to make out the noise.
But its just my thinking. Why dont you try this in some other Linea maybe the new one's at the dealership. That will give you an exact idea as to, if your ACC is acting funny or not.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:33   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Do you have to apply extra force to shut the boot lid? Mine takes a lot of manual labour to get the lid shut, often 2 or three attempts. The boot lid is not a smooth operator as the remaining 99.99% of the car.
99.99% cars dont have added shockers on the boot lid
The 2 black rods are the shockers which you may have seen in hatchbacks like Santro etc.

In Linea the lid opens itself unlike others where you have to push till last, maybe for added safety Fiat has provided those shockers so that if by any chance the boot lid doesnt come down and fall on the neck of the man adjusting his luggage.

Boot lid is too heavy of Linea like the whole car, wherever shockers are there you need extra force. Those who dont like can get them removed lid will close easily.
Old 8th September 2009, 17:45   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Maybe for added safety Fiat has provided those shockers so that if by any chance the boot lid doesnt come down and fall on the neck of the man adjusting his luggage.
It's not a safety feature, its a high class feature. Cars of higher segment carry these hydraulic rods on their boots (higher segment cars also have these in the bonnet). It's just another good thing about Linea- features from a higher segment.
Old 9th September 2009, 13:25   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
My car had this problem on 3rd Sept and same day my father called Fiat (our sales rep) and complained this problem. He said he would send somebody to attend the car the very next day. But it is 3rd day today and no one has bothered to even call and enquire about it, leave alone attending it. Now when my father tried to call the person (our sales executive) he has switched off the mobile. Such a rude behavior from the Fiat staff was least expected. Would any of the members know the 24 hour Toll free road assistance number so that my father can call them? Appreciate your kind assistance, please. I am now really worried if I have taken a wrong decision in buying a Fiat product...
Further to the above, some guys came from TASS (Hyson,Trichur) and removed the rear right wheel. They found that the brake cylinder had jammed. They couldnt fix it and then again came back with the road assistance vehicle with required tools. They temporarily repaired it and took it to the service centre to rectify the problem. I reckon this could have happened probably because the Hand brake was applied all time. They have not informed anything. I got the details when I called home today. Anyway the problem is repaired and I am happy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks