Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 14:08   #16
BANNED

Forgot 1 more small item but very imp

If any door is not closed properly or is open, & you try to start the car, the MIS dispays which Door is open & not closed properly. Very useful smar safety item. Helped me 3 times already when daughter did not close the door properly
Old 28th August 2009, 14:08   #17
BHPian

A good initiative VP. I must give it to you for such an ingenius thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
We (including yours truly!) tend to react to every small non-issue as well. However, almost every time afterwards we realised its a way of life & not an issue.
Bang On Right.

Quote:
  • The Pull-lever (in cabin) to open the Bonnet is detachable. Some gets feeling that its broken when detached. But it's not. If accidentally, one detaches it inadvertantly, it can be fixed by pushing hard into the groove.
Didn't know that one.

Quote:
Driver Seat Height once set goes down automatically: Its found by bhpians that this problem is caused by thigh touching the Height Adjustment Lever while Ingress & Egress. However, Fiat has a solution & have installed a smaller redesigned Lever in a few Linea's of bhpians here which has solved this.
Yes that is more or less a confirmed thing by now. I actually could hear a few clicks whenever dad or bro sat and the ICE was off. Bro heard it too and was quick to correct his ingress/egress ways.

Quote:
Couldn't understand by surprise touches that we can chance upon in our car. But here is the list of small small items which are real good ones & found in very very few cars :

Foldable Key with Remote lock. Extremely convenient as the pocket does not get bulky
And it gives an impression of a very expensive car. Keyfobs like this actually belong to D-segment cars and above. So if none of your friends own a D-segment car and you want to show off just keep the keyfob on a table during a get-together and enjoy the admiration, they dont even need to see the car. And that is what actually happens with us; almost everyone just goes nuts upon seeing the keyfob only!

Quote:
Wiper in Wash & Wipe mode. It sprays water first & then wipes with 4-5 wipes & then after a few seconds it gives 1 more wipe to wipe residual water coming down on windshied.

The time gap is actually six seconds. And no, I didnt calculate, it's in the manual! Nice touch!

One thing that would like to add is that in intermittent mode (wipers) the time gap is dependent and varied according to the speed of the vehicle automatically (again, given in the manual). It's the next best thing to rain sensing wipers.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:32   #18
BHPian

wow - awesome, awesome! This thread really deserves 3 cheers!
I still dont own a Linea, probably dont intend too as well, but Punto is definitely on my mind and hopefully in a coupla months, I should drive one home.

Hope the Punters start a similar thread! What should Linea owners be called - Lineans? Naah, doest sound that great
Old 28th August 2009, 14:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

great work amit!!

My pointers
1. The rattling if especially comming from behind and if you are not able to locate the exact place then it is most probably from rear sun blind. Just pull it up and drive ypu will not hear the rattle until you go to TASS for the necessary repair

2. The Bonnet lever holder might sometime get loose which can be fixed with fevibond

3. The A/C sometimes cuts off cool air and le6ts in warm air. This is quiyte normal functioning of ACC. After a while compressor may start again.

4. The blue and me media player doesnt respond to your command. It sometimes takes time for the car to recognis the accent. There are 3-4 commands available for each function. For EX: Play, Play music, Play media all does the same. try to read the manual and figure out which command suits your voice.

5. on inserting a freshly formatted USB drive music doesnt play. It normally takes time for Blue and me to build up a library before playing the song. it depends on the size of the USB drive. just patiently wait .

6. Blue and me is updatable. i have personally updated the blue and me to 5.4 version recently. Just visit one of our threads to know more details.

7. The Boot is hard to close. This is normal. as it has 2 hydraulic jack to open. It needs force to push it close.

By the by did you know the dash and the stereo and a/c orange can be dimmed by pressing +/- buttons!!

Last edited by geeash : 28th August 2009 at 14:45.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

One good thread you have put up here Vahan. Most of the issues quoted till now are small niggles and basically not issues and a way of life as you said. Good to hear that Fiat owners are happy with the after sales. Keep it up Fiat.

@ Fastlove, I havent driven the linea so cant comment whether its underpowered or not. But I believe that its not the ride its the rider (Tokyo drift), the reason why Lauras, Fiestas, City's and Swifts of the world cant come near you could be that you are a good driver. The other day, I was in my cedia and lost a drag to the new Accord V6 on delhi-gurgaon expressway however as soon as there was some traffic, I again overtook him .. so that doesnt make my machine underpowered or the V6 a a better and powerful machine..they are cars from different segments. so is the laura and the linea and should not be compared. This is my opinition. no offence to you dear.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 28th August 2009 at 14:54.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

@ Fastlove, I havent driven the linea so cant comment whether its underpowered or not. But I believe that its not the ride its the rider (Tokyo drift), the reason why Lauras, Fiestas, City's and Swifts of the world cant come near you could be that you are a good driver. The other day, I was in my cedia and lost a drag to the new Accord V6 on delhi-gurgaon expressway however as soon as there was some traffic, I again overtook him .. so that doesnt make my machine underpowered or the V6 a a better and powerful machine..they are cars from different segments. so is the laura and the linea and should not be compared. This is my opinition. no offence to you dear.
Absolutely No offence taken dear ! I completely agree with you.

I actually wanted to just say that I am a Good Driver .
Old 28th August 2009, 14:57   #22
BHPian

Very Nice thread. I am looking at Linea being my next car and the posts here will really help me make a decision soon.
Old 28th August 2009, 14:58   #23
BHPian

The seat belts can be adjusted to 3 different positions. Choose one that is most suitable for your height. This offers better safety and better comfort and no excuse not to wear them
Old 28th August 2009, 15:05   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
Did you know the Linea has got a warning lamp on the instrument cluster that lights up when any of the external lights are not working. It also displays which one may be faulty on the LCD panel. For example "CHECK STOP LIGHTS".
Wow now that's another good one. In my view that is actually a very good safety feature.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:08   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Forgot 1 more small item but very imp

If any door is not closed properly or is open, & you try to start the car, the MIS dispays which Door is open & not closed properly. Very useful smar safety item. Helped me 3 times already when daughter did not close the door properly
Couple from my side:

There is a warning beep if you attempt to drive off with handbrake on.

When parking/main lights are switched on, 2 small LED's light up in the interior light unit, which baths the cockpit in a mild orange ambient lighting. This works beautifully during night driving on highways.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:16   #26
BHPian

Here are some of my additions:

1. There may be a "tak tak" noise and the front suspension thud sound coming in some of the Lineas. This is due to weak Suspension Links at the front. Some of the cars esp. diesels have this problem. Get your suspension links changed under warranty and both the noises will vanish

2. There may be a squeaking noise coming from the dashboard. The culprit is the Gear Box plastic walls. Add padding to it and the problem will get fixed.

3. There may be squeaking noise from the seats. In the first batch of cars the floor height of the car was not equivalent to the seat height. So they had used washers to match the height because of which the "bolt" thread wears out. Change the bold and reduce the washers from 6 to 4. The seat gets tight and the seat noise vanishes.

4. There is faulty clip in the front reading lamp which caused rattling in my car. It was replaced and the noise vanished.

5.Check the spare wheel set up. The jack may not be in place creating some rattling noise. I adjusted it and the noise coming from the boot vanished.

These were the problems that I had faced and these were the solns. given. FIAT was very responsive in fixing my issues and I had no issues with the service.

Kudos to FIAT!

Regards,
Sathya

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 28th August 2009 at 15:17.
Old 28th August 2009, 16:50   #27
BHPian

That's a great initiative amit. Considering your love for Linea, you might like to change your nick to LineaPujari. No offence meant here. This kind of knowledge management is unique and is bound to help new car owners, who faced with newer technology like brought by Fiat, must find these tips & tricks immensely helpful to cope with that technology. Any idea by any of the Punterz to start such a knowledge management thread?
Old 28th August 2009, 17:04   #28
BHPian

@VAHANP GOOD thread mate. Glad you took the effort to put up this thread.

I seriously appreciate (as indicated by my signature), all those small well thought out details that when put together make the Linea a lovely package! My biggest gripe with manufacturers here, was that we consumers(mid segment) were always hard done in terms of features vis-a-vis price they were offered for, but with the Linea no longer! For once I feel that a company has actually bothered to give the buyer a fair deal and that is appreciated! I only wish that the car came with a 1.6 ltr power plant but am sure the cynics would have then trashed the car even more!

Last edited by pranava999 : 28th August 2009 at 17:19.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:06   #29
BANNED

1 more small item

When you open the boot, on the right hand side, inside on the body wall, there is a small string with a loop at the end, hanging out. I did not know the functionality till a week back which was explained by Sunilrj & other bhpians. In case somehting happens to the mechanical assembly/ lever to open the fuel tank opening for fueling & you can't open it, Pull this string & the fuel opening will get opened !! Smart little thingy
Old 28th August 2009, 18:13   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1 more small item

When you open the boot, on the right hand side, inside on the body wall, there is a small string with a loop at the end, hanging out. I did not know the functionality till a week back which was explained by Sunilrj & other bhpians. In case somehting happens to the mechanical assembly/ lever to open the fuel tank opening for fueling & you can't open it, Pull this string & the fuel opening will get opened !! Smart little thingy
Smart indeed. This is the stuff I meant when I meant little things that you keep discovering in a car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed