Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 10:18   #46
BHPian

More About Interior(Cabin) Lighting Algorithm in Linea

The interior light algorithm in Linea is as under:
  • When any door is opened, both the front and the rear lights come on for 3 minutes. The timer is reactivated whenever the door is opened.
  • When all the doors are closed, the lights stay on for a further 10 seconds with the key off. If the key is moved to key on position, the interior lights are turned off immediately.
  • When all the doors are closed at key-on the interior lights are immediately switched off.
  • When the key is removed, both the front and the rear lights are turned on and a 10 second timer is activated.
  • All the interior lights are turned off at the door lock control.
  • At the door open command, both the front and the rear lights are turned on and a 10 second timer is activated.
  • If the inertia(fuel cut-off) switch is operated the interior lights come on for 15 minutes.
  • The switching on or off takes place gradually (dimmer) with the duration of 2 seconds.
  • If any door or the boot is opened when the key is in off position, a time of 15 seconds is set. After this, all the interior lights are deactivated.

Last edited by nehamit : 29th August 2009 at 10:24.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:59   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne View Post
Couple from my side:

There is a warning beep if you attempt to drive off with handbrake on.

When parking/main lights are switched on, 2 small LED's light up in the interior light unit, which baths the cockpit in a mild orange ambient lighting. This works beautifully during night driving on highways.

Gears,
Red-One.
Today accidentally I had driven the car with handbrake on but didn't hear any warning beep only a message was flashing "Low engine oil". Will you please tell me how can I enable this feature.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:46   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine View Post
Today accidentally I had driven the car with handbrake on but didn't hear any warning beep only a message was flashing "Low engine oil". Will you please tell me how can I enable this feature.
What?? Low engine oil?
I think some Linea owners used to get such ENGINE OIL related messages when the car stalled. Initially when i was adjusting to long clutch ply, my car also stalled two three times but i think it was Low oil pressure warning.

There is no enabling or disabling of feature, the beep for handbrake and door open(car starts to run) is automatic and cant be disabled.
Do check your engine oil level to be safe.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:28   #49
BHPian

A small addition -
In 'Linea - Emotion' model, there is no seat belt buzzer.
The seat belt warning light blinks for 30 seconds when you switch on the ignition. It will keep blinking (till 30 sec is over) even when you have put the belt. Its more of a reminder then warning.
But it 'Emotion Pack' model, it is a proper warning and it will blink & keep making sound till driver put on the seat belt
Old 29th August 2009, 18:23   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What?? Low engine oil?
I think some Linea owners used to get such ENGINE OIL related messages when the car stalled. Initially when i was adjusting to long clutch ply, my car also stalled two three times but i think it was Low oil pressure warning.

There is no enabling or disabling of feature, the beep for handbrake and door open(car starts to run) is automatic and cant be disabled.
When you start the car and your car is in Handbrake mode, there would a symbol of Handbrake in red showing on the dash and this warns us that the handbrake is in use. There is no beep for hand brake.
Old 29th August 2009, 18:34   #51
BHPian

After viewing through the 4 pages, I wish to point out that no member has had the problem that I came across. One day suddenly, my remote key stopped functioning, it wouldnt lock or unlock the door and even the boot and so I was using the key manually to open/ close the door. Actually this happened before I was to take my car for the 3 months service. I highlighted this problem when I gave the car for service at RF Motor, Cochin. I gave the car at 11.00 am and got back the car after service at 2.00 pm. The technician told me that they repaired the remote key and it was working when I tried it there. But when I arrived home and locked it it was not working. When I called RF they advised me to go to Hyson motors in Trichur where I stay. The next day itself I was there and showed it to the technician. They took the car inside while I waited in the lounge and after 1-1/2 hrs they bought it back and again it was working. From there I went for some shopping and there again the remote key wouldn't work. So on my way back, I took the car to my electrician (they are experts in assembling car security systems, car sensors, music systems etc) and asked him if he could do something about it. He bought a screwdriver did some minor adjustments on the remote screw and lo...it was working. He tried it out some 15-20 times there itself and the problem was solved. Touch wood now the remote key is working fine.
But again RF motors assured me one thing that they would replace me the remote key if I go to them, but as it is 75 kms away, I avoided it.
The remote key is first fancy item of this car, before you get inside this beauty and if that's not working then it would be very embarassing isnt it?

Last edited by jaisha8 : 29th August 2009 at 18:37. Reason: Spelling
Old 29th August 2009, 18:49   #52

Quote:
What?? Low engine oil?

Yes it was Low oil pressure warning., but no beep for handbrakes..
Old 29th August 2009, 19:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
When you start the car and your car is in Handbrake mode, there would a symbol of Handbrake in red showing on the dash and this warns us that the handbrake is in use. There is no beep for hand brake.
Jaisha i know that light coming on and its there in every car.. I think the beep comes on if you start driving with handbrake up to remind you if you havent seen the light.
My Scorp says" Careful, your handbrake is engaged" which i find better than small beeps
Old 30th August 2009, 01:43   #54
BHPian

This one's out of the archives- Linea's platform (essentially Grande Punto's) is based on the GM Gamma platform which is also shared by Opel Corsa. It's kind of like a throwback at the time when GM owned a part of Fiat.
Old 30th August 2009, 09:23   #55
BHPian

Here's another ;
The stereo can be turned on without the key in the ignition.
There's also has a setting in the stereo which will automatically switch it off after 20 min if one forgets to turn it off.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Here's another ;
The stereo can be turned on without the key in the ignition.
There's also has a setting in the stereo which will automatically switch it off after 20 min if one forgets to turn it off.
Yes there's a setting for that in the ICE menu. You have the option of choosing 0 min's or 20 min's. That's how long the ICE will remain switched on after switching off the car.
Old 30th August 2009, 19:46   #57
BHPian

i had the unfortunate accident of having a pressurized can blow up inside the car.
It was lying on the parcel shelf,

it damaged the roof and also the seat belt attachment which is on the parcel shelf.

TASS did a good job of repairing everything.

Really happy with the ***.
(I have had a palio for 5 years now, was always happy with *** anyways)
Old 30th August 2009, 23:46   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Jaisha i know that light coming on and its there in every car.. I think the beep comes on if you start driving with handbrake up to remind you if you havent seen the light.
My Scorp says" Careful, your handbrake is engaged" which i find better than small beeps
Tried this today. There is no beep. The warning light continue glowing if you try to run the car with Handbrakes pulled.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:11   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Tried this today. There is no beep. The warning light continue glowing if you try to run the car with Handbrakes pulled.
+1 to that. Tried that myself; no beep! However there is no warning error displayed in the MID for the handbrake. And what I've noticed is that there will be a beep for any error that is displayed in the MID.
Old 31st August 2009, 00:48   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Why did i get the beep then? Does the beep come if door is open and we start driving? Maybe both things happened with me and i confused with handbrake thing. Sorry.

I stalled my Linea today on a speed breaker saving its underbelly. and the "Low oil pressure" again came up after stalling. Am still getting used to the long clutch.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks