Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 11:38   #76
JRD
BHPian

Vahan if thats where the sound has been coming form. I can bet its the antiroll bar. Trust me!
I pressed the same part to find the noise and sure that plastic does sound the same tik but it is not whats causing the tik's when your car hits a pothole.

Anyway wait till it starts to get on your nerve and you already have 2 ways to fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I think I got it diagnosed again. Yday again I tried to push the black plastic just under the window & voila!! Here comes "Tik" again. I remember sometime back I did it. The sound is coming from there - the black plastic between the window & just above the door arm rest. Since last 3 days it has subsided & has not come often. Am not bothered yet & do not want to do anything as its not coming often. May be if it increases, will look into it
Old 1st September 2009, 11:58   #77
BHPian

Headlights wont stay on

When you park Linea and turn off the ignition key the head lights and even the parking lights turns off. So there is no question of head lights staying on after turning the car off. If ur engine is off and if u try turning the parking light on only the outer parking lights turns on and not the display lights. A really unique feature. Also if u try to turn on the headlights when the key is on off mode it wont turn on. The only case to turn the headlight on is to pull the lever and so it goes in to the home coming mode of the headlight operation which will inevidently switch itself off in 30/60/90 or the number of displayed seconds.
Hence the headlight turning off in 10-20 mins is not a possibility. Ya the interior lights and the parking light will turn itself off in few minutes if left on by mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Yes I also think I read the same, but have not tried it out to see if that really happen
Old 1st September 2009, 12:06   #78
BANNED

I again checked the Handbrake warning yday. With Handbrake pulled up 1 notch, I tried to move the car in 1st gear. Moved it around 1 - 1.5 meter. No warning beep & I almost concluded that there won't be any warning beep. Then I thought of moving it further. Car moved around 2 meters & voila, a long warning beep sounded
Old 1st September 2009, 12:35   #79
BHPian

Please Help Me Solve This Problem

The time i have bought Linea (2nd Feb 09) I have faced this problem. I showed it to TASS but they were unable to rectify that. The problem is that whenever i insert the key n turn it on MAR the music system starts automatically. So to not to put the extra strain on the battery i have to manually turn the music system and then start the car. This problem is not there when i switch off the car and try to start again (say within 5-10 seconds). Rest the problem still persists.
2nd problem is with the amplifier that i have installed. The amplifier remains on whenever the car is moving. Yes it remains on without the music system is being used. This should not be the case as amplifier should turn on and off along with the head unit. The wiring is such in Linea that there is no cable in the head unit to perform this task. Hence if you people have any solution to this please let me know.
One more thing i would wish to point here is that there is no sticker provided on the door of driver side of the car which mentions the tyre pressure to be maintained. As my Linea was the 1st one in Mumbai i had informed Fiat regarding this. So is this sticker provided by Fiat in new Lineas? If yes than i will have to aproach Fiat to get one.
Rest Linea is a superb car to own and flaunt. And I would request people not to comment on the AS* of Tata/Fiat who have not been there with their car. There are lot of people sitting their backyard and cursing Fiat for their service without having any practical experience. I have been there at the workshops and never faced any issue with them.

Mine is a MJD emotion Pack Linea
Old 1st September 2009, 12:52   #80
JRD
BHPian

Prash if you have a usb drive plugged in, the music system will start when the car is started even if you turned the player off the last time. you will have to stop the usb from playing by pausing it.

About the amplifier, show it to a blaupunkt dealer maybe he can help

My linea was delivered on 5th feb and i too dont have the tyre placard (sticker) you are talking about.

newer linea owners please confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
The time i have bought Linea (2nd Feb 09) I have faced this problem. I showed it to TASS but they were unable to rectify that. The problem is that whenever i insert the key n turn it on MAR the music system starts automatically. So to not to put the extra strain on the battery i have to manually turn the music system and then start the car. This problem is not there when i switch off the car and try to start again (say within 5-10 seconds). Rest the problem still persists.
2nd problem is with the amplifier that i have installed. The amplifier remains on whenever the car is moving. Yes it remains on without the music system is being used. This should not be the case as amplifier should turn on and off along with the head unit. The wiring is such in Linea that there is no cable in the head unit to perform this task. Hence if you people have any solution to this please let me know.
One more thing i would wish to point here is that there is no sticker provided on the door of driver side of the car which mentions the tyre pressure to be maintained. As my Linea was the 1st one in Mumbai i had informed Fiat regarding this. So is this sticker provided by Fiat in new Lineas? If yes than i will have to aproach Fiat to get one.
Rest Linea is a superb car to own and flaunt. And I would request people not to comment on the AS* of Tata/Fiat who have not been there with their car. There are lot of people sitting their backyard and cursing Fiat for their service without having any practical experience. I have been there at the workshops and never faced any issue with them.

Mine is a MJD emotion Pack Linea
Old 1st September 2009, 12:57   #81
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
The time i have bought Linea (2nd Feb 09) I have faced this problem. I showed it to TASS but they were unable to rectify that. The problem is that whenever i insert the key n turn it on MAR the music system starts automatically. So to not to put the extra strain on the battery i have to manually turn the music system and then start the car.
Is this the same problem that Media Player can be turned off only by voice command "Stop" else it remains in pause position & Music system starts automatically when ignition is switched on ?

BTW, Which TASS in Mumbai did you find better?
Old 1st September 2009, 13:53   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whenever i insert the key n turn it on MAR the music system starts automatically.
Prash i know this.

Just press the windows button and say "autoplay off" and it will be over. since the autoplay is on and the USB in place the key turning to MAR switches the music system

Last edited by geeash : 1st September 2009 at 13:55.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:03   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
There is a feature called FOLLOW ME where the head lights can be automatically turned on from 30 sec to 210 sec after which it will automatically shut off. This is for the driver and oters to carefully reach their house with good illumination
geeash, requesting you to please guide me how to activate this FOLLOW ME HOME feature so that I can do it for my Linea. I checked with the showroom guy and he was ignorant on this...
Old 1st September 2009, 14:11   #84
BHPian

While driving with the blue&me ON and when you receive a phone call on blue&me, how can we transfer it to our mobile unit to avoid everyone hearing the conversation? Please advise.
Old 1st September 2009, 14:26   #85
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
geeash, requesting you to please guide me how to activate this FOLLOW ME HOME feature so that I can do it for my Linea. I checked with the showroom guy and he was ignorant on this...
With the engine off, Lift the headlight (left side) stalk on steering upwards. Every 1 stroke upwards will give you additional 30 seconds of Lights "ON" time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
While driving with the blue&me ON and when you receive a phone call on blue&me, how can we transfer it to our mobile unit to avoid everyone hearing the conversation? Please advise.
Press SRC/OK button on the steering
Old 1st September 2009, 14:44   #86
BHPian

Quote:
The Pull-lever (in cabin) to open the Bonnet is detachable. Some gets feeling that its broken when detached. But it's not. If accidentally, one detaches it inadvertantly, it can be fixed by pushing hard into the groove.
Why would any car need a detachable pull lever?
PS: this was the first thing i pulled off the car....
Old 1st September 2009, 15:42   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Prash i know this.

Just press the windows button and say "autoplay off" and it will be over. since the autoplay is on and the USB in place the key turning to MAR switches the music system
I am talking about the problem after switching the autoplay to OFF.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:49   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Why would any car need a detachable pull lever?
PS: this was the first thing i pulled off the car....
Its the way the lever is designed. I could not find any other word than "detachable" while writing that post.
Old 1st September 2009, 15:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then I thought of moving it further. Car moved around 2 meters & voila, a long warning beep sounded
So finally i am right. I knew its there but then thought maybe door was open. I have a habbit of forgetting handbrake, for Linea even without beep one realizes the handbrake is up when pushing car in 1st gear.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:24   #90
Senior - BHPian

Do you switch off the music from USB when you switch off the vehicle??

I always say " stop music" and let the media player switch off and then switch off the radio perse.

And it doesnt switch on all off a sudden for me at the start.

But when i dont switch off the media player it starts all of a sudden
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks