Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 17:29   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
When you park Linea and turn off the ignition key the head lights and even the parking lights turns off. So there is no question of head lights staying on after turning the car off. If ur engine is off and if u try turning the parking light on only the outer parking lights turns on and not the display lights. A really unique feature. Also if u try to turn on the headlights when the key is on off mode it wont turn on. The only case to turn the headlight on is to pull the lever and so it goes in to the home coming mode of the headlight operation which will inevidently switch itself off in 30/60/90 or the number of displayed seconds.
Hence the headlight turning off in 10-20 mins is not a possibility. Ya the interior lights and the parking light will turn itself off in few minutes if left on by mistake.
This has already been cleared before on this thread only. VP by mistake mentioned headlights in place of cabin lights, so the confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I again checked the Handbrake warning yday. With Handbrake pulled up 1 notch, I tried to move the car in 1st gear. Moved it around 1 - 1.5 meter. No warning beep & I almost concluded that there won't be any warning beep. Then I thought of moving it further. Car moved around 2 meters & voila, a long warning beep sounded
I had a feeling about this coz even when we drive off with any door being open, it takes about 2-3 mts before the longish beep comes. So I think we can safely say that for any error there will be a warning beep but after some 2-3 mts and not immediately.
Quote:
The time i have bought Linea (2nd Feb 09) I have faced this problem. I showed it to TASS but they were unable to rectify that. The problem is that whenever i insert the key n turn it on MAR the music system starts automatically. So to not to put the extra strain on the battery i have to manually turn the music system and then start the car. This problem is not there when i switch off the car and try to start again (say within 5-10 seconds). Rest the problem still persists.
Quote:
I am talking about the problem after switching the autoplay to OFF.
Prash we have Emotion so I dont know if there is any difference in your car vis-a-vis our car coz of Blue&Me. But I have two things to say:
1) Dont worry about initial load on battery during starting if ICE is on as when we crank then only supply to starter motor is given. Everything else including the lights and even the AC are momentarily switched off till the time we release the key from its start position. And BTW its not a big feature as its there in all cars including the small ones (Alto and the likes).
2) Secondly one thing that I've noticed is that when we switch off the ICE before switching off the car then it doesn't restart automatically the next time the car is started. And if the ICE is running when we switch off the car then it restarts. Maybe you can try this.

So dont get anxious over such a small thing. Your battery wouldn't be damaged if you start with the ICE on. In our case most of the times the ACC is also on while starting.
Quote:
One more thing i would wish to point here is that there is no sticker provided on the door of driver side of the car which mentions the tyre pressure to be maintained. As my Linea was the 1st one in Mumbai i had informed Fiat regarding this. So is this sticker provided by Fiat in new Lineas? If yes than i will have to aproach Fiat to get one.
Mine is a MJD emotion Pack Linea
We got our Linea in May and it didn't carry the sticker. AFAIK there aren't any stickers now also. You just have the pressures given in the manual. Anyway why dont you ask Forbhaskarm about the stickers as he's the newest owner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
geeash, requesting you to please guide me how to activate this FOLLOW ME HOME feature so that I can do it for my Linea. I checked with the showroom guy and he was ignorant on this...
Quote:
With the engine off, Lift the headlight (left side) stalk on steering upwards. Every 1 stroke upwards will give you additional 30 seconds of Lights "ON" time.
True, you just have to pull the lights stalk towards you and with every subsequent pulls you increase the time by 30 sec's till a maximum of 210 sec's. However VP one thing that you forgot to tell Jaisha (maybe you too dont know this) is that this pulling of stalks has to be done within 30 sec's (or was it 1min'?) of switching off the car.
And I'll let you guys in on another trade secret(I guess I'm the only one who's read the manual completely)- if you want to cancel the 'coming home lights' (what its actually known as and not 'follow me home'!) then keep the stalk pulled for 2 sec's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihrishi View Post
Why would any car need a detachable pull lever?
PS: this was the first thing i pulled off the car....
I believe it is so that the other plastic panels around it can be removed. However I have no concrete source for this. So can anyone carry it forward from here?
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:59   #92
Shivashara

Quote:
Recently I was out of station with my Linea it was heavily rain so I swtched on the Fog lamp and after some time (say 15-20 minuets) there was a beep sound tarted comming and I nervousness if swirched off Fog Lamps then then beep also stopped.
Can any one tell me what was the reason? I asked service incharge at Sterling auto, but he said that Fog lamps should not be on for a long time.

Do you know what is actual cause?
Bsldel from autocar forum has faced above problem, If someone know then kindly advise.

Old 3rd September 2009, 14:18   #93
BHPian

I have used fog lamps sometimes and never faced this problem.
Linea has a good diagnostic/checking mechanism. if anything is wrong it gives out beeps & displays a messsage. Here "check fog lights" etc.

I think it's some wiring problem or something. Its better he goes to the TASS to check it out.
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:26   #94
BANNED

I use front & rear fog lamps daily & none whatsoever issue occurred till now
Old 3rd September 2009, 16:59   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
I have used fog lamps sometimes and never faced this problem.
Linea has a good diagnostic/checking mechanism. if anything is wrong it gives out beeps & displays a messsage. Here "check fog lights" etc.

I think it's some wiring problem or something. Its better he goes to the TASS to check it out.
Yes, whenever there is an error a message will also be displayed on the MID. He should also get the car checked.

- You are not supposed to use fog lamps in rain. The light from them reflects from the wet surface and causes glare for the incoming traffic and at the same time doing nothing to increase your visibilty. They are only meant to be used in fog.
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:14   #96
Senior - BHPian

Heh, if this were any other vehicle, this thread would be called a list of problems/solutions
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:28   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Yes, whenever there is an error a message will also be displayed on the MID. He should also get the car checked.

- You are not supposed to use fog lamps in rain. The light from them reflects from the wet surface and causes glare for the incoming traffic and at the same time doing nothing to increase your visibilty. They are only meant to be used in fog.
Hey nice thing I also didn't knew you shouldn't use Fog lamp in rain. Thanks
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivashara View Post
Bsldel from autocar forum has faced above problem, If someone know then kindly advise.
I don't know the layout in a Linea, but could he have switched on the rear window defogger? I can only think of that which needs a reminder.

In most vehicles, it switches off after a set time.
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:20   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I don't know the layout in a Linea, but could he have switched on the rear window defogger? I can only think of that which needs a reminder.

In most vehicles, it switches off after a set time.
Timer for rear defogger is set for 20 minutes in Linea after which it automatically switches off
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Timer for rear defogger is set for 20 minutes in Linea after which it automatically switches off
Thanks. So that cannot cause the beep.

Interesting!
Old 3rd September 2009, 19:51   #101
BANNED

To Recent Linea-Owners

Thought following item to take care:
  • Cram & ingrain in your memory the name of Engine oil used in Linea. This is because for Petrol & Diesel engine both, the oil is by Selenia company & the grade is also similar - 5W40.
for Petrol Linea it is "Selenia K"
for Diesel Linea it is "Selenia WR 5W40"
Old 4th September 2009, 09:59   #102
BHPian

This is not something "did you know?" kind of, but I thought I would mention here. Since Linea has very long service and oil change gap, I would suggest cleaning the air filter either yourselves or visit the service center after every 5000 Km or after a couple of runs in the dusty places. The air filter is placed on inside the plastic cover on top of the engine, where "Multijet" is written. The cover is opened by removing the three bolts on top, towards you as you are standing in front of the car. I wouldn't write on how to clean it as I have not read exactly. But I do clean it by carefully blowing with a blower. You can also take out any dust/mud settled at the groove below the place where filter would be placed using a wiping cloth. First time, I opened this myself after about 7000 Km, it was very very dusty.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:22   #103
Shivashara

Opendro> it must have improved performance and FE. Another way of cleaning is to use vacuum cleaner.

Old 4th September 2009, 13:54   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FERRO View Post
Hey nice thing I also didn't knew you shouldn't use Fog lamp in rain. Thanks
You're welcome. A lot of people dont know about it. In fact I see people here driving with fog lamps on even in normal conditions. In Europe there are set rules for using fog lamps, dont know about India!
Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
This is not something "did you know?" kind of, but I thought I would mention here. Since Linea has very long service and oil change gap, I would suggest cleaning the air filter either yourselves or visit the service center after every 5000 Km or after a couple of runs in the dusty places. The air filter is placed on inside the plastic cover on top of the engine, where "Multijet" is written. The cover is opened by removing the three bolts on top, towards you as you are standing in front of the car. I wouldn't write on how to clean it as I have not read exactly. But I do clean it by carefully blowing with a blower. You can also take out any dust/mud settled at the groove below the place where filter would be placed using a wiping cloth. First time, I opened this myself after about 7000 Km, it was very very dusty.
Even I've cleaned the air filter of our Linea MJD once. It was hardly dirty! I also realised one thing that its a paper filter and you cant just shake off the dust with a normal blower (you'll only be able to remove the superficial layer). You need compressed air to knock out the trapped dust. But yes, in India you would have to definitely get the filter cleaned once every 5k~7k km.
Old 4th September 2009, 15:48   #105
BHPian

All right, this is an interesting thread,

Would request all linea owners to please quote their fuel mileage figures (petrol / diesel both) and if punto owners can also pitch in.

this would help people peolple like me who are considering between Swift and punto / linea.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks