Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 16:03   #106
BHPian

Before somebody says "stop, this is not a mileage thread", my Linea diesel gives almost consistent 25 Kmpl when driven below 100 Kmph on highways. In city, it used to give about 12 with very harsh driving. Now it is giving about 15 Kmpl in city with a bit mixed and gentle driving in Bangalore traffic. A/C in auto all the time, recirculation mode.
Old 4th September 2009, 17:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post
All right, this is an interesting thread,

Would request all linea owners to please quote their fuel mileage figures (petrol / diesel both) and if punto owners can also pitch in.

this would help people peolple like me who are considering between Swift and punto / linea.
Punto And Linea in their own rights are half a segment above than Swift and Dzire respectively. If you can stretch your budget then the Fiat cars are definitely beter than Suzuki ones (Swift & Dzire).
Regarding FE, last time we got 15 km/l. That included a 80 km highway trip and the rest was city. But otherwise I'm expecting a FE of 14 km/l, in-city driving.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:04   #108
BHPian

Five stars to FIAT for offering a segment bender. And Five Stars to this thread

I posted my experience (2 months old Linea) moments ago before my browser crashed. Not sure if it would be visible now.

1. Having issues with loudness of the stereo. It appears that whenever I increase the speed of the car, the loundness increases as well. In other words, the speed of the car controls the loudness of the stereo. I know this is not a feature but a bug in the relay.

2. Black powdered deposits show up on the front alloy rims. ABS is most likely the culprit but I don't recall seeing such deposits on the Laura or Pajero ever.

3. When A/C is set to fan it makes a unique fluttering sound as though a piece of plastic/paper is stuck in one of the vents. But, hold on... Once I turn on the A/C the noise goes away.

4. Front wheels make a ghastly brushing sound. Usual suspect would be the mud flaps. Nope! I had our driver do a full turn and sound is external and the mud flaps do not brush against the wheels causing this queer brushing sound. Tyre pressure is A-OK.

My Linea (Petrol) has done just 1200KMS so far. Should I wait for the car to get in and out of the first service? Or is there any logical bit that I'm missing in here and that can be addressed in house Please recommend.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:07   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Punto And Linea in their own rights are half a segment above than Swift and Dzire respectively. If you can stretch your budget then the Fiat cars are definitely beter than Suzuki ones (Swift & Dzire).
Regarding FE, last time we got 15 km/l. That included a 80 km highway trip and the rest was city. But otherwise I'm expecting a FE of 14 km/l, in-city driving.
I don't quite understand your point.
Being a segment above comes for a certain price. Paying a little more than what you would pay for a linea/punto would get you a car which is another half a segment above.
When you say that Fiat cars are better than Suzuki ones, could you explain on what basis? (Mileage, Performance, Comfort, Depreciation, Maintenance....)
To be honest, i have a completely opposite opinion about it. Hence would like to understand your point.
Old 4th September 2009, 18:15   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
1. Having issues with loudness of the stereo. It appears that whenever I increase the speed of the car, the loundness increases as well. In other words, the speed of the car controls the loudness of the stereo. I know this is not a feature but a bug in the relay.
Thats actually a feature !! - volume variable with the speed. If you do not like, you can put it off by selecting appropriate option in the Menu

Quote:
4. Front wheels make a ghastly brushing sound. Usual suspect would be the mud flaps. Nope! I had our driver do a full turn and sound is external and the mud flaps do not brush against the wheels causing this queer brushing sound. Tyre pressure is A-OK.
If you're talking about slight humming sound while turning the steering fully to the dead end on any side, its normal
Old 4th September 2009, 18:19   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Five stars to FIAT for offering a segment bender. And Five Stars to this thread

1. It appears that whenever I increase the speed of the car, the loundness increases as well. In other words, the speed of the car controls the loudness of the stereo. I know this is not a feature but a bug in the relay.
Wrong answer. Its no bug but its a FEATURE. There is a option in your audio system from MENU called Speed Vol control, if its set to ON your audio system noise increases or decreases with speeds, set that to OFF.

Quote:
2. Black powdered deposits show up on the front alloy rims. ABS is most likely the culprit but I don't recall seeing such deposits on the Laura or Pajero ever.
Its just the brake dust which comes from front brake pads. Its common in many cars and is no fault.

Quote:
4. Front wheels make a ghastly brushing sound. Usual suspect would be the mud flaps. Nope! I had our driver do a full turn and sound is external
Get it checked in the 2nd service at 15000 kms. Maybe the shockers need greasing, TASS will help you out.

Quote:
My Linea (Petrol) has done just 1200KMS so far. Should I wait for the car to get in and out of the first service? Or is there any logical bit that I'm missing in here and that can be addressed in house Please recommend.
Barring front wheel noise i dont see anything serious and that vol increases with speed is a feature.
Old 4th September 2009, 20:20   #112
BHPian

I m presently on the worksite, on my rig. When I called home today my wife complained of an unusual problem with my Linea. It was lying idle since last 10 days. Yesterday my cousing wanted to take it for a drive. After switching to the gear, releasing the hand brake, when he pressed the accelarator, the car wouldnt move. He pulled & released the hand brakes a couple of times and tried again but still the car is not moving forward or backward. When he is pushing the accelarator the back portion of the car is sinking (pressing) down but it is not moving even an inch. Has any of the members come across this strange behavior from their Linea.. Anyway my dad called our Linea representative and he said he would come home tomorrow and have a look. I reckon it would be some jammed brake. Hopefully there is nothing serious with my Linea and I m really worried as I am also not at home now!!
Can any one please advise if you know.
Old 4th September 2009, 21:12   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I m presently on the worksite, on my rig. When I called home today my wife complained of an unusual problem with my Linea. It was lying idle since last 10 days. Yesterday my cousing wanted to take it for a drive.
Jaisha,
With full confidence i can say that its a case of Jammed brakes. I have read this issue in some other car a few days ago on our forum and my friend also faced this in his Sx4.
The workshop guys will hammer the area around brake drums and that force will disengage the brake. The reason the rear is coming down on accl is because brakes are not allowing r ear wheels to move.

Dont know whether wet conditions aggravate this issue.

Did your cousing try moving in reverse or hitting brake pedal hard to unjam the brakes?

In future when car is to stand idle for long time engage 1st or reverse gear to safely park your car( plain parking area only)

Dont worry, its a minor problem but be careful in future.
Old 5th September 2009, 00:12   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Thats actually a feature !! - volume variable with the speed. If you do not like, you can put it off by selecting appropriate option in the Menu
Speed volume can be set to off, low or high. Low should be good enough.
Old 5th September 2009, 01:22   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
I don't quite understand your point.
Being a segment above comes for a certain price. Paying a little more than what you would pay for a linea/punto would get you a car which is another half a segment above.
Exactly my point. As you go higher the standards of cars keep on getting better. So if you stretch your budget and can afford a higher segment car then why not go for it, provided it meets your requirements as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
When you say that Fiat cars are better than Suzuki ones, could you explain on what basis? (Mileage, Performance, Comfort, Depreciation, Maintenance....)
To be honest, i have a completely opposite opinion about it. Hence would like to understand your point.
No, you misunderstood me Starter. I was only comparing Swift/Dzire with Punto/Linea. I wasn't comparing all Suzuki cars with Fiat. The OP is confused between Swift and Punto/Linea and my views were regarding that. I respect your views and you are welcome to give any.
Old 5th September 2009, 12:54   #116
BHPian

Hey i also face such similar problem whenever my linea is parked for 24 + hours. The more time its parked the more jam-ing kind of thing happens. And when the clutch is released a noise comes out of the car making you feel that the car is just going to breakdown. As if the wheels have got stuck to the surface and the car does not want to move ahead.
Can Gurus through some light on the problem and help me with a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I m presently on the worksite, on my rig. When I called home today my wife complained of an unusual problem with my Linea. It was lying idle since last 10 days. Yesterday my cousing wanted to take it for a drive. After switching to the gear, releasing the hand brake, when he pressed the accelarator, the car wouldnt move. He pulled & released the hand brakes a couple of times and tried again but still the car is not moving forward or backward. When he is pushing the accelarator the back portion of the car is sinking (pressing) down but it is not moving even an inch. Has any of the members come across this strange behavior from their Linea.. Anyway my dad called our Linea representative and he said he would come home tomorrow and have a look. I reckon it would be some jammed brake. Hopefully there is nothing serious with my Linea and I m really worried as I am also not at home now!!
Can any one please advise if you know.
Old 5th September 2009, 14:57   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
2nd problem is with the amplifier that i have installed. The amplifier remains on whenever the car is moving. Yes it remains on without the music system is being used. This should not be the case as amplifier should turn on and off along with the head unit. The wiring is such in Linea that there is no cable in the head unit to perform this task.
Many amplifiers has an auto turn on feature. ie. the amplifier senses audio signal and turns on and when audio signal is absent for certain time it switches off automatically.
Your installer and/or our ICE gurus will help you out given the details.

Regards,
Old 5th September 2009, 16:35   #118
BHPian

linea petrol owners, what is the fuel mileage that you get. please be explicit in details (with / withou ac and driving conditions). i know it's not a fuel average thread and i dont want to make it one. it will help bhpians like me to make up their mind between other cars and linea
Old 6th September 2009, 00:14   #119
BANNED

Another imp point to remember

In manual Fiat recommends to disconnect -ve terminal of battery if you're not going to use Linea for 10-15 days. Though I've not followed it 2-3 times when my car remained idle for 10-15 days, hereafter I've decided to follow it. Because, apparently even in OFF conditions certain sections seem to be drawing battery power. e.g. without inserting the key, the music system turns on when you press the button, Prash's amp remains ON etc. Though I wonder if power usage in idle would be negligible.
Old 6th September 2009, 10:50   #120
BHPian

Did you know? FIAT stands for 'Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino'
The first FIAT Car Factory waj in Turin.
FIAT Automobile is as old as 1899!
FastLove is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks