Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 22:13   #136
BHPian

Has anyone with Emotion Pk replaced the original Alloy wheels with customized alloy wheels? I once saw a Vocal white with new set of customized wheels and believe me, it added to the 'Admiration'. Unfortunately as I was driving I couldnt take any pictures.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:44   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Has anyone with Emotion Pk replaced the original Alloy wheels with customized alloy wheels? I once saw a Vocal white with new set of customized wheels and believe me, it added to the 'Admiration'. Unfortunately as I was driving I couldnt take any pictures.
There's a Linea near our home in which I have seen a set of after market alloy wheels. They seem to be some chinese import and not of some good company. I'll take pics next time and post it.
Old 10th September 2009, 13:57   #138
BHPian

Odometer reading blinking - restart engine

Last saturday, I noticed that the odometer was blinking. I called the service guy through blue and me. During the call, the odometer (total Km) stopped blinking. The service guy didn't have a clue and asked me if I could bring the vehicle to run some check. I said, I will come some other time. I was curious to see what happens when the engine is switched off (if it still blinks). I switched off in the next red signal. And started again, it stopped blinking.
Old 10th September 2009, 16:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
Last saturday, I noticed that the odometer was blinking. I called the service guy through blue and me. During the call, the odometer (total Km) stopped blinking. The service guy didn't have a clue and asked me if I could bring the vehicle to run some check. I said, I will come some other time. I was curious to see what happens when the engine is switched off (if it still blinks). I switched off in the next red signal. And started again, it stopped blinking.
Nope, I dont have any idea about it. There's also nothing like this mentioned in the manual. But I suggest that you go and get it checked up. I think the ECU stores all errors in its memory till the time they're resolved. I know that coz I had taken our Linea to the service centre for the seatbelt warning (not working as its Emotion). When the SA connected his diagnosing computer with the car; some error about the windshield wipers came up. He deleted it. I asked him about it and he replied that there is no problem right now as the error can not be deleted untill it has been rectified.
So if there was any error with your odo then it should show up on the diagnosing computer.
Old 10th September 2009, 22:54   #140
DRC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Nope, I dont have any idea about it. There's also nothing like this mentioned in the manual. But I suggest that you go and get it checked up. I think the ECU stores all errors in its memory till the time they're resolved. I know that coz I had taken our Linea to the service centre for the seatbelt warning (not working as its Emotion). When the SA connected his diagnosing computer with the car; some error about the windshield wipers came up. He deleted it. I asked him about it and he replied that there is no problem right now as the error can not be deleted untill it has been rectified.
So if there was any error with your odo then it should show up on the diagnosing computer.
Firstguri, errors can be deleted whether or not they are rectified. But if not rectified, they just return soon when the ECU scans for them. It is interesting and prudent to know, if the *** claim they fixed it, what was the fix.
I have paid a heavy price as the service guys were not transparent about what they had found reading the ECU. insist to see what was the error.
Old 11th September 2009, 01:55   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Firstguri, errors can be deleted whether or not they are rectified. But if not rectified, they just return soon when the ECU scans for them. It is interesting and prudent to know, if the *** claim they fixed it, what was the fix.
I have paid a heavy price as the service guys were not transparent about what they had found reading the ECU. insist to see what was the error.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us DRC.
Now your question- the SA didn't fix anything in our car. According to him it was a past error and something that was just kind of 'a one off random error'. There was no active error alarm at the time of the scan. So that's what he told me- "that if the alarm was still present (read some abnormality) then the error couldn't have been deleted and the fact that it had been deleted indicates that the error is no longer present".

But yeah next time I'll be more vigilant of these SA's ECU scans.
Old 11th September 2009, 20:11   #142
BANNED

Seat Height Issue Solved

Fiat has solved Driver Seat Height issue which was faced by some initial Linea-Owners. I mean, Driver Seat going down on its own after fixing it to a particular position.

As observed by most of the owners, the issue was thigh pressing the seat height adjustment lever while ingress/ egress. However, Fiat has modified design of the entire assembly. Kudos Fiat !!

More details -- here -->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1467816-post558.html

Here are a few pics of new assembly:

The New assembly (its called Track)..
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-20090902007.jpg
The comparison. First the New assembly..
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-20090902008.jpg
..And then the old one..See the Angle
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-20090902006.jpg
Old 12th September 2009, 13:14   #143
BANNED

This is something I expreince frequently & so as some Punto owners:

Sometimes, when USB stick is in USB port for a longer period & when I try to access Folders to select a song, the MID shows "No Media found". Everything else works normally. The songs on USB stick can also be played, only thing I can not select a folder or a song.

Solution:

I vaguely remember reading something on the similar lines in manual related to library list & hence successfully overcame this by doing wither of the below 2 things:

1. Remove the USB stick, add/delete a song & reinsert. OR
2. Remove this USB stick. Insert another USB stick & let it remain in USB port for atleast 5-7 minutes to build library list. Then Remove this 2nd USB stick. Reinsert the earlier 1st USB stick.

Its something to do with library list which seems to get corrupted over time. Once you do either of the above, the library list is generated again & the problem gets solved
Old 13th September 2009, 02:40   #144
BANNED

I had this issue with coolant level & its mystry & subsequent most probable reasoning:

On 15th Aug, I checked the coolant level it was at min mark level. In next 20 days, I travelled to Goa & then Lonavala.

On 5th Sep, when I checked it again, it was good 1 inch below min mark . The only possibility came to my mind was leakage. GOt it checked, no leakage.

So, how did the level went down by 1 inch in just 25 days ?

I used Max defogger button 5-6 times during my travel to Goa & Lonavala. Coolant warmth is used to generate defogger heat (similar mentioned in manual also). So, defogger takes away some portion of Coolant & blocks it i.e. does not let it go back to the tank. Any susequent defogger usage will not take any more coolant as its already there. This is what TASS SA told me & I also think the most probable reasoning as I read somewhere in the manual about coolant warmth/ heat being used for defogger heat.
Old 13th September 2009, 14:16   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
I had this issue with coolant level & its mystry & subsequent most probable reasoning:

On 15th Aug, I checked the coolant level it was at min mark level. In next 20 days, I travelled to Goa & then Lonavala.

On 5th Sep, when I checked it again, it was good 1 inch below min mark . The only possibility came to my mind was leakage. GOt it checked, no leakage.

So, how did the level went down by 1 inch in just 25 days ?

I used Max defogger button 5-6 times during my travel to Goa & Lonavala. Coolant warmth is used to generate defogger heat (similar mentioned in manual also). So, defogger takes away some portion of Coolant & blocks it i.e. does not let it go back to the tank. Any susequent defogger usage will not take any more coolant as its already there. This is what TASS SA told me & I also think the most probable reasoning as I read somewhere in the manual about coolant warmth/ heat being used for defogger heat.
This is total news for me. Coolant being used for defogger! I thought it consumed electricity from the battery/alternator. Coolant heat is used for cabin heating for sure but defogger! This is something that I have to research. It's interesting to note that during the past few days even we used the defogger (it was raining here) and even our coolant level is near the min' mark. But I dont know if its due to the defogger usage.

@VP- Vp could you please post a pic of the finished assembly of the seat in the car. It's hard to make out the new position of the lever in the pic that you have posted. Thanks in advance.
Old 13th September 2009, 21:43   #146
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
@VP- Vp could you please post a pic of the finished assembly of the seat in the car. It's hard to make out the new position of the lever in the pic that you have posted. Thanks in advance.
Shall do it but may take 1-2 days. However, I think the change inangle of the lever might not be very very high
Old 14th September 2009, 14:32   #147
BHPian

Distance to empty 'Range' - how

My coolant level touched min after 10K and went to Concorde and they topped up.

Before I ask my question, let me mention I touched my mileage 27.3 Kmpl till Tindivaman (about 200 odd Km) on my way from Bangalore to Mayilathudurai via Pondy. Details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1481792

Now, my question. I have no clue on how this distance to empty (Range) as shown in Linea is calculated. Sometimes, it is misleading and most of the time, it looks lame and stupid. I would generally expect it to consider the average consumption in the last 10Km or something and fuel left in the tank. For instance, after a full tank, it was showing me about 550Km as range. After having driven about 650Km, it still shows 275 Km.

Any clue?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-image122.jpg  

Old 14th September 2009, 15:48   #148
BHPian

Linea OEM Mud Flaps

Is it true that in order to fix the OEM mud flaps one has to drill holes in the wheel arches? If that indeed is the case, doesn't it add to risk of inevitable 'rust'? Then why does FIAT provide these mug flaps at the first place? Are there any other options of fixing the mug flaps?

ah! too many questions!

Guys please, can anyone who has fixed these OEM mud flaps in their Linea. please confirm this.

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 14th September 2009 at 15:51.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:51   #149
BHPian

Quote:
My coolant level touched min after 10K and went to Concorde and they topped up.
After 6K Kms in our Linea the coolant in the tank is about 4-5 mm from the min' mark.
Quote:
Before I ask my question, let me mention I touched my mileage 27.3 Kmpl till Tindivaman (about 200 odd Km) on my way from Bangalore to Mayilathudurai via Pondy. Details here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1481792
Opendro that's really great FE. Do you drive mostly around 80 Km/h?
From what I've observed is that at 80 Km/h the rpm is at 2K rpm- that's almost the max torque band and the air resistance is also less compared to 100+ speeds. I still have to test for the instantaneous FE of MID at these speeds on the highway. Will do that the next time.
Quote:
Now, my question. I have no clue on how this distance to empty (Range) as shown in Linea is calculated. Sometimes, it is misleading and most of the time, it looks lame and stupid. I would generally expect it to consider the average consumption in the last 10Km or something and fuel left in the tank. For instance, after a full tank, it was showing me about 550Km as range. After having driven about 650Km, it still shows 275 Km.

Any clue?
No clue Opendro, sorry. In our car after tank full the range shows 560 Km (generally). And it runs around for about that much distance only. So in our case its pretty accurate.

Last edited by firstguri : 14th September 2009 at 15:52.
Old 14th September 2009, 16:09   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
ah! too many questions!
Guys please, can anyone who has fixed these OEM mud flaps in their Linea. please confirm this.
They dont use a drill machine to drill holes man. No way will i ever allow that and no way will they do it.
They use a very thin wire like thing which pierces a very small hole in the bumper and then use the screw and a cap behind to tighten the mud flaps.

He told me some other way too using some clips i think but then he said they might fall off.
Here are pics of mudflaps i got fixed (got them painted at my friends workshop, they come in black)
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-picture-linea-023.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed