Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 17:49   #181
J.Ravi

Vineet: Indian Fiat Lineas are not equipped with rain sensors. However, in the intermittent position, the windscreen wiper will automatically adapt to the speed of the car. Similarly, it is equipped with 'Smart washing' function: if the stalk is pulled and kept for more than half a second, the wiper will work with washer jet simultaneously. The wiper stops working three strokes after releasing the stalk. A further stroke after 6 seconds completes the wiping operation [page 53 of the owner's handbook]. I think, this feature has already been discussed here.

Old 25th November 2009, 18:46   #182
BHPian

After market Car Security System in FIAT Linea???

Ahoy !! All Linea owners ! This is a question for each one of you.

How safe is our prized possession from prying eyes? Is the factory fitted 'Immobilizer' & 'Central Locking' enough to deter a thief from stealing it? Has anyone felt the need to install an after market 'Car Security System' ?

Please put in your comments.
Old 25th November 2009, 20:59   #183
J.Ravi

The factory-fitted immobilizer and central locking are more than adequate, IMO. The immobilizer is based on rolling code, which changes continuously. Fiat Linea can be started only with desmodronic foldable key and manual key that came along with the car. As long as the keys are not lost, Fiat Linea will be 100% safe!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 25th November 2009 at 21:02.

Old 26th November 2009, 02:27   #184
BHPian

It's the same as after market security solutions minus the siren.
Old 26th November 2009, 09:10   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The factory-fitted immobilizer and central locking are more than adequate, IMO. The immobilizer is based on rolling code, which changes continuously. Fiat Linea can be started only with desmodronic foldable key and manual key that came along with the car. As long as the keys are not lost, Fiat Linea will be 100% safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
It's the same as after market security solutions minus the siren.
That's wonderful & does instill a lot of confidence. Thanks for enlightenment, folks.

But perhaps adding a basic security system which just howls when there is an unauthorized entry may at least be another deterrent for amateur thieves. But finding this kind of a system which couples with FIAT's electronics may be a challenge.

As they say - One can never be too sure !!!

Comments?
Old 26th November 2009, 09:27   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
That's wonderful & does instill a lot of confidence. Thanks for enlightenment, folks.

But perhaps adding a basic security system which just howls when there is an unauthorized entry may at least be another deterrent for amateur thieves. But finding this kind of a system which couples with FIAT's electronics may be a challenge.

As they say - One can never be too sure !!!

Comments?
I have a Palio SLX, which also comes with a similar immoblizer with rolling code. If any attempt is made to start the car with some other key or by hot wiring the complete electrical system of the car will shut down, rendering the Engine inoperable.

This does not deter
  • Breaking in and walking away with valubles in the car
  • Stealing the ICE
  • Jacking the car up and taking the wheels
  • Towing the car away

So I have installed an additional RD two way security system. The best bit about this security system is that the remote also has a receiver. So if the car is broken into, not only does the siren in the car go off, the remote beeps, vibrates and flashes as well. This is a very handy feature to have as you will know that something is wrong even if you are out of ear shot of the car - say in a shopping mall or a movie theatre.

This system will also close your windows (Provided they are power windows, of course), if any of them are left open after 20 seconds of locking the car with the remote.

Cheers,

Rajan

Last edited by PatchyBoy : 26th November 2009 at 09:28.
Old 26th November 2009, 10:25   #187
BHPian

That seems useful thing to have. But that would also mean that all Linea owners would be carrying two remotes - one the key fob & other the security remote or perhaps carry the other key with the security remote.

Rajan - can you please provide more details about this RD system like website etc. Thankyou.

BTW, anyone fixed a gear lock in their Linea - a Pin type or U-type? I checked with one of the accessories shops in Sector 18 Noida & he was of the opinion that fixing a Pin type gear lock in FIAT cars is not possible, hence go for the U-type. Dunno why though?
So with a U-type, its aesthetics vs security.
Can anybody throw more light on this?

Last edited by forbhaskarm : 26th November 2009 at 10:36.
Old 27th November 2009, 00:27   #188
BHPian

Problem with rear seat comfort.

My father's Linea Emotion T-jet is 8 months old now and has clocked 15000 kms. From the day he bought the car he is complaining of very bad rear seat comfort. He says the car feels very bumpy on bad roads and even small irregularities are felt through the rear seats. He says side to side movement is too much compared to the Ikon we have. The car was shown to a service center a month back and the mechanic after scanning the shock absorbers said there was no fault in it. He pointed out a faulty right rear tyre to be the reason and that was replaced too by warranty from goodyear. Still the problem persists. We still cant find a solution to this problem.

Do any of you Linea owners experience this problem in your car?
Old 27th November 2009, 03:06   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
My father's Linea Emotion T-jet is 8 months old now and has clocked 15000 kms. From the day he bought the car he is complaining of very bad rear seat comfort. He says the car feels very bumpy on bad roads and even small irregularities are felt through the rear seats. He says side to side movement is too much compared to the Ikon we have. The car was shown to a service center a month back and the mechanic after scanning the shock absorbers said there was no fault in it. He pointed out a faulty right rear tyre to be the reason and that was replaced too by warranty from goodyear. Still the problem persists. We still cant find a solution to this problem.

Surprising. Linea's supposed to have the best ride and handling setup in its segment. Ride's not bad. Can be a little bumpy over rough roads if speed is less. And yes side movement- thats because the driver must be taking turns at a higher speed than what he would have been taking in Ikon so more rolling's felt.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:06   #190
BHPian

Side to side movement is when the car travels between 10 to 40 kms/hr and in straight line. Even at high speeds the ride quality doesnt improve.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:19   #191
BHPian

Quote:

T-Jet ?? 8 months old ! Am i out of sync here?!
is it that T-Jet's available in India even before i bought my Petrol Linea ?! Or are you talking about somewhere outside india?

Regarding your query - I have the best Ride experience in my Linea , both at the front and the back.
Old 27th November 2009, 14:31   #192
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, T-Jet is still not there in India. He must've meant MultiJet.

And what's with the immobilizer discussion? Afterall, who wants to steal a Fiat in India? I have not fitted any remote central locking with burglar alarm in my Palio since I know nobody will come and steal it...!

I think it is more difficult to compromise the locks and break into a Palio than other cars in the lot. Hope it is the same with Punto & Linea

Last edited by clevermax : 27th November 2009 at 14:32.
Old 27th November 2009, 18:22   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
T-Jet ?? 8 months old ! Am i out of sync here?!
is it that T-Jet's available in India even before i bought my Petrol Linea ?! Or are you talking about somewhere outside india?

Regarding your query - I have the best Ride experience in my Linea , both at the front and the back.

Sorry. Its MultiJet and not T-Jet. Spelled it wrong
Old 27th November 2009, 19:31   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Side to side movement is when the car travels between 10 to 40 kms/hr and in straight line. Even at high speeds the ride quality doesnt improve.
Check the tyre pressure. After a lot of experimenting I found 30psi on all tyres to be the best so far.( Get it done on a reliable digital gauge). This has helped with my Linea.
Old 27th November 2009, 19:45   #195
BHPian

Hey guys i have Fiat Linea E+ MJD that has clocked a little over 19000kms.
Recently i started getting weird feedback from the steering wheel.
It appears that on braking from say 130-140 kmph the steering wheel vibrates and judders quite evidently.
Got it checked at the service station and came to know that the brake pads are 80%worn out
Will get them changed on Monday as they didnt have spare.
Any one with similar experience?
ishlinea7260
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks