Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2009, 22:15   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
It really works. I was guessing that you would have discovered this feature the way you described it only. BTW I'm not sure if it really is a feature or just a kind of wiring arrangement!
Not sure...any ways i found it useful as a feature
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:14   #212
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
If parked on the left side i turn on only the right park lights and vice versa. Saves battery
If the car is parked on the right side of the road in an one-way road, then the left side parking lamps only could be turned on! I think, this is an intended feature, the only tragedy being, it has not found place in the owner's handbook for the reasons best known to Fiat only!

Old 2nd December 2009, 10:17   #213
BHPian

Could anyone confirm what emission regulations Linea complies with? I think Linea's engine is euro-IV. But I think you require a particulate filter (I'm talking about diesel) for that and that is something that Indian linea has not got. But I still think it's euro-IV.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:25   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Check the tyre pressure. After a lot of experimenting I found 30psi on all tyres to be the best so far.( Get it done on a reliable digital gauge). This has helped with my Linea.

I am keeping a pressure of 32 or 33 in my diesel linea. You say its good at 30. Can anyone have an answer for what can be the best pressure to maintain in the tyres.
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:40   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishlinea7260 View Post
Hey guys i have Fiat Linea E+ MJD that has clocked a little over 19000kms.
Recently i started getting weird feedback from the steering wheel.
It appears that on braking from say 130-140 kmph the steering wheel vibrates and judders quite evidently.
Got it checked at the service station and came to know that the brake pads are 80%worn out
Will get them changed on Monday as they didnt have spare.
Any one with similar experience?
ishlinea7260
My MJD has done 12500 kms n it is showing the signs you have mentioned. When i brake the steering vibrates. So I guess I will also have to change the brake pads sooner or later.
Any idea friends how much would this cost???????
Old 2nd December 2009, 16:49   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Well i dont brake ride for sure.
its funny none of my other cars reported this problem so early.
like i said my car had done over 19000kms when i started feeling this problem.
At the same time i checked up with a friend of mine he had clocked over 23000kms on his linea mjd e+ and he also got his brake pads changed at 20000kms .Even the service guy said that there are many e/ lineas who have got their brake pads changed at 20000kms.I have no idea whether this is a manufacturing problem or just normal.Will try to ask as many owners as possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prash View Post
My MJD has done 12500 kms n it is showing the signs you have mentioned. When i brake the steering vibrates. So I guess I will also have to change the brake pads sooner or later.
My linea MJD has done 20,000 + KMS and the brakes are still great. I don't think too many other people have completed 20,000 KMS on this forum but the few threads I have seen where people have completed 15,000 - 20,000 KMS make no mention of brake issues. At least 50% + of my running is on highways so that might be a reason why my brakes are still OK.

Last edited by CarsPG : 2nd December 2009 at 16:51.
Old 2nd December 2009, 17:12   #217
BHPian

Quote:
I am keeping a pressure of 32 or 33 in my diesel linea. You say its good at 30. Can anyone have an answer for what can be the best pressure to maintain in the tyres.
If you are driving with a full load 3-4 people in the car 32 all around is probably fine. If it is generally 1-2 then i find 30 to be good.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:43   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Well I got them changed at the earliest , since didnt want to take any risks and all.
I got the brake pads for roughly Rs.2000
Rs.1911 to be exact.
The braking has definately improved and so is my confidence on high speeds
Another question this is for the people who brought their car in the first batch.
Fiat is changing the clutch plate assembly of the first batch due to supposedly some manufacturing defect.
Anyone knows anything about it?
Old 5th December 2009, 22:48   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Another question this is for the people who brought their car in the first batch.
Fiat is changing the clutch plate assembly of the first batch due to supposedly some manufacturing defect.
Anyone knows anything about it?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...l-white-4.html

It was discussed in this thread post #51 pls check. Your info is true.
Old 7th December 2009, 03:25   #220
BHPian

lovely thread..

i have noticed a problem,

on performing high speed cornering (i mean real fast....almost on the limit), there is some tick-tick sound from the front loaded corner. (i.e. left corner, if taking a right turn)

initially i thought it was high tyre pressure that was causing tyre bounce.
but, after reading some ARB (anti roll bar) problems here, i have my doubts.

Is anyone facing similar problem?
Is it a problem or its just normal?

Also, someone in the know please make a list of all the parts that FIAT have asked the service centers to change and why and which particular cars, e.g. clutch plate assembly, etc. etc.

thanks in advance
Old 7th December 2009, 14:41   #221
BHPian

From what I know is that the part being replaced is the clutch slave cylinder. Fiat has made a list and sent it to all the dealers. We also had to get our's changed.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:08   #222
BHPian

I am also facing rattling issues with my Linea MJD Emotion+.Front passenger seat making noise on pot holes,rear storage plate making noises and there is continous sound i think its from suspension.But i need some help to fix these issues.
Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 14:27   #223
BHPian

Poor fuel consumption

Need some advise on fuel consumption of Linea. My Linea has not given me average beyond 9-10 from the start (Oct 09). I have completed around 3500 km so far. I asked the service centre guys (BUB) and he promised to check it incl. all the calculators but no change.

I drive daily from crowded areas and average is around 7.7-8.

Any ideas how can this be bettered?

Or may be I need to take it on highway and do a full-tank to full-tank test again. Any tacts on how to use TripA and TripB more meaningfully?

Thanks.
Old 15th December 2009, 18:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasu View Post
I am also facing rattling issues with my Linea MJD Emotion+.Front passenger seat making noise on pot holes,rear storage plate making noises and there is continous sound i think its from suspension.But i need some help to fix these issues.
Thanks
Well Vasu maybe the anti roll bar is the culprit here. Some owners here have had that problem and got the part changed. Get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Need some advise on fuel consumption of Linea. My Linea has not given me average beyond 9-10 from the start (Oct 09). I have completed around 3500 km so far. I asked the service centre guys (BUB) and he promised to check it incl. all the calculators but no change.

Or may be I need to take it on highway and do a full-tank to full-tank test again. Any tacts on how to use TripA and TripB more meaningfully?

Thanks.
Vineet maybe the roads are quite congested. I have read about owners getting 8-9 km/l in crowded cities. So yeah that could be one of the reason and a tank full to tank full on a highway would give a pretty good figure I guess.

Last edited by firstguri : 15th December 2009 at 18:20.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:38   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post

Thanks.
1. These are early days . Let the baby open up as you drive and there will be improvement.
2. FE is compeletely dictated by your driving . I regularly get 11.5 + in city in navi mumbai/mumbai on my Petrol Linea. At 14,900 km now , i have consistently got this FE since start.
3. Avoid frequent gear changes. Ideally, even when you are between 20kph - 40kph maintain 4th gear and a light foot on the accelrator and just check out the Instant Consumption (you will like the reading). Make this an habit whenever possible , your FE will improve for sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed