Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 16:12   #241
BHPian

Thanks Raj. Will do that this weekend.
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:04   #242
BHPian

You’re welcome Vinit.

My Fiat Linea’s both front and back logos got stolen today and I am extremely upset because of that. This happened from my building compound itself. My concern is the repetition of the theft after putting new badges as the security in the building is not that good.
I had a few questions to fellow Linea owners?
We have the company standard fitment of the remote central locking. However does this equipment also double up as an anti theft device? Does the car start honking or give out some kind of audible alarm if some one tries to have an unauthorized break in. If it does, can the sensor cables be extended to the boot and the front grille to connect to the Fiat Emblems? In case someone tries to rip off the logos, the alarm will ring. This may at least save the second logo as the thief might try to scurry off after hearing the alarm. Plus there’s a chance that the thief can be caught red handed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this kind of vandalism on our prized possessions? Has anyone tried installing any additional anti theft alarms in the car?
Old 22nd February 2010, 16:27   #243
BHPian

@Raj: Sorry to hear about the situation. Fiat has recently launched central locking systems for both Punto and Linea as genuine accesories at dealers (anything else fitted outside will void warranty). You could ask your dealer about the same and ask about the sensitivity of the alarm system and whether it would be helpful in your case.
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:11   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajBajwa View Post
You’re welcome Vinit.

My Fiat Linea’s both front and back logos got stolen today and I am extremely upset because of that. This happened from my building compound itself. My concern is the repetition of the theft after putting new badges as the security in the building is not that good.
I had a few questions to fellow Linea owners?
We have the company standard fitment of the remote central locking. However does this equipment also double up as an anti theft device? Does the car start honking or give out some kind of audible alarm if some one tries to have an unauthorized break in. If it does, can the sensor cables be extended to the boot and the front grille to connect to the Fiat Emblems? In case someone tries to rip off the logos, the alarm will ring. This may at least save the second logo as the thief might try to scurry off after hearing the alarm. Plus there’s a chance that the thief can be caught red handed. Does anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this kind of vandalism on our prized possessions? Has anyone tried installing any additional anti theft alarms in the car?
Linea and Punto have a Security Code embedded into the Keys that is Unique . The Car is locked and immobile as long as the right code is not matched with the car system.
There are no Audible Alarms in Linea by default. It may be installed after-market.
You would not install an anti-theft system worth 5k + for a Rs. 700/- logo ?? (which may not be possible in the first place)
Old 20th March 2010, 20:32   #245
BHPian

Yesterday I noticed some white patches on my Linea bonnet and it seems like a colour fading or something like that. I own a vocal white Linea. So I took the car to Hyson motors today and showed it to them. The service advisor looked at it and advised me to take to to RF Motors, Cochin, from where I had originaly bought the car. So Monday I would be taking it to RF Motors. I called and spoke to RF and they advised to bring the car and after taking the photo they would send it to TATA/ FIAT for their approval.
Has any of the Linea owners (especially Vocal white owners) come across such paint defect.
Please advise if I should also put this in the FIAT website under Customer complaint box.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-line-paint-defec.jpg  

Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series-line-paint-defec1.jpg  

Old 20th March 2010, 21:37   #246
BHPian

Jaisha I have a VW and no, I have not seen any such patches. It is better you first take it to RF/Concorde and then take on from there. BTW, did you use any polishes?
Old 20th March 2010, 22:00   #247
BHPian

Jaisha, i own a Vocal white and no patches as reported by you is seen.
Refer to FIAT asap.
Old 21st March 2010, 12:59   #248
BHPian

nothing on mine too.

did u apply anything on the surface?

Last edited by jalsa777 : 21st March 2010 at 13:00.
Old 22nd March 2010, 13:50   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Yesterday I noticed some white patches on my Linea bonnet and it seems like a colour fading or something like that. I own a vocal white Linea. So I took the car to Hyson motors today and showed it to them. The service advisor looked at it and advised me to take to to RF Motors, Cochin, from where I had originaly bought the car. So Monday I would be taking it to RF Motors. I called and spoke to RF and they advised to bring the car and after taking the photo they would send it to TATA/ FIAT for their approval.
Has any of the Linea owners (especially Vocal white owners) come across such paint defect.
Please advise if I should also put this in the FIAT website under Customer complaint box.
Send a PM to ghost_rider. He went through and resolved a similar problem on his VW Linea.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:39   #250
BHPian

I have a punto, I know this isn't the correct thread t ask but I was wondering if there's a way t play songs on my mobile via the bluetooth system ?
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:10   #251
BHPian

Air Leak Noise from driver side door

hi guys, i now own a linea for a few months now.. (been pending to write initial ownership review) anyways.. all has been pretty satisfactory so far.. but one peculiar problem i face..
Took the car for first service 3 weeks back and had complained of the peculiar problem i have.. when i cross speed of 60 - 80.. i get a air leak noise from the driver side door. i cant feel the air.. but just the noise, like there is a gap somewhere within the whole door alignment.. not sure if its the glass beading/door beading etc. The SA checked, took him with me for a test drive.. said this is strange and that it shudnt be.. and then the usual "lemme check sir, will get it fixed.. not to worry" obviously cudnt fix it that same day and i cudnt leave the car for longer for the weekend comin up.. and they have now taken teh car back.. (they had to do as there is a pending complaint that i had given for not doin the job on time).. so now when they took teh car back to fix it.. the new SA who came this time.. first off.. outright claims.." Sir itna awaaz to normal hai" you will have some amount of air noise because of the design.. to which i politely asked "great so please explain why only on the driver side.. why not passenger side (cos there is absolutely no issues that side)" so no answer.. "we will check sir"..

So i wanted to ask all the linea owners.. have you guys felt the same too.. mine is a petrol version.. do any of you also get a similar noise from teh driver side door?? need your help/ inputs here..
Old 23rd March 2010, 16:55   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post
hi guys, i now own a linea for a few months now.. (been pending to write initial ownership review) anyways.. all has been pretty satisfactory so far.. but one peculiar problem i face..
Took the car for first service 3 weeks back and had complained of the peculiar problem i have.. when i cross speed of 60 - 80.. i get a air leak noise from the driver side door. i cant feel the air.. but just the noise, like there is a gap somewhere within the whole door alignment.. not sure if its the glass beading/door beading etc. The SA checked, took him with me for a test drive.. said this is strange and that it shudnt be.. and then the usual "lemme check sir, will get it fixed.. not to worry" obviously cudnt fix it that same day and i cudnt leave the car for longer for the weekend comin up.. and they have now taken teh car back.. (they had to do as there is a pending complaint that i had given for not doin the job on time).. so now when they took teh car back to fix it.. the new SA who came this time.. first off.. outright claims.." Sir itna awaaz to normal hai" you will have some amount of air noise because of the design.. to which i politely asked "great so please explain why only on the driver side.. why not passenger side (cos there is absolutely no issues that side)" so no answer.. "we will check sir"..

So i wanted to ask all the linea owners.. have you guys felt the same too.. mine is a petrol version.. do any of you also get a similar noise from teh driver side door?? need your help/ inputs here..
Some Air Noise like you mentioned is normal at higher speeds . I drive a Petrol Linea too. So , you can Relax
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:01   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzz View Post

Do you drive with the passenger side ORVM closed or open? What about the driver side?

I'm asking because the ORVM although very useful do tend to break the airflow around the vehicle. In which case, at higher speeds, you can hear the air noise.
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:08   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Do you drive with the passenger side ORVM closed or open? What about the driver side?

I'm asking because the ORVM although very useful do tend to break the airflow around the vehicle. In which case, at higher speeds, you can hear the air noise.
Both my OVRM are always open.. tried to check the noise with the OVRM folded as well.. some amount of air noise may be normal.. the only reason i was concerned.. is this noise.. on a rather quiet environment is slightly audible even till the passenger side..
@FASTLOVE the other reason i was concerned is, why is this noise only on the driver side door and not passenger side or the rear doors..
Old 23rd March 2010, 17:16   #255
Senior - BHPian

seems to be rattling sound like from orvm which cuts air at 80+kms speed.
I too have the same issue before and checked with TASS and drive some other linea too.
Every linea has the design issue and which is in Fiat R&D dept to rectify it in near future.
if you lean towards co-passenger side you should hear the same sound as your side.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks