Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 13:44   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

@Jaisha.

If the pipe has been damaged due to a underbody or stone hit. Then you might have to pay. Else you must be having extended warranty to take care of it.

Wait until you get a response from FIAT
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 14:16   #377
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
@Jaisha.

If the pipe has been damaged due to a underbody or stone hit. Then you might have to pay. Else you must be having extended warranty to take care of it.

Wait until you get a response from FIAT
Thanks for your prompt reply. I will wait for their response. Does anyone know FIAT customer care contact number at Pune.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:18   #378
BHPian

I have a new 2012 Linea MJD , bought in March 2012. It has 2200 kms in odo till now.

I made one long trip from Pune-Goa / back , totalling 1200 kms approx in March itself [ Odo was 100 kms that time] . I am facing one strange issue which my kid pointed out.
She was sleeping on the rear seat on most part of the goa trip and while I was cruising at 80-100 kmph on NH4 , she complained that the rear seat is very very bouncy. She could feel the road continuously and its extremely uncomfortable to sleep. [ She even mentioned that the rear seat of Indica , my other car, is more comfortable to sleep. We had made earlier trips to Goa in my Indica DLX ] .The bouncioness could not be felt in front seats where my wife and me were seating.
Tyre pressure was at recommemded 33 psi all tyres.

Pls let me know , if this is some serious issue/ problem which I should be highlight to Fiat, as if some critical suspension related part is not assembled properly or is defective and needs replacement under warranty Or this issue is normally observed in other linea's also.

I am quite worried and need your help/guidance pls. I need some direction before I put across the issue in TASS , who are (in)famous for their diagnosis skills.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:03   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
I have a new 2012 Linea MJD , bought in March 2012. It has 2200 kms in odo till now.

I made one long trip from Pune-Goa / back , totalling 1200 kms approx in March itself [ Odo was 100 kms that time] . I am facing one strange issue which my kid pointed out.
She was sleeping on the rear seat on most part of the goa trip and while I was cruising at 80-100 kmph on NH4 , she complained that the rear seat is very very bouncy. She could feel the road continuously and its extremely uncomfortable to sleep. [ She even mentioned that the rear seat of Indica , my other car, is more comfortable to sleep. We had made earlier trips to Goa in my Indica DLX ] .The bouncioness could not be felt in front seats where my wife and me were seating.
Tyre pressure was at recommemded 33 psi all tyres.

Pls let me know , if this is some serious issue/ problem which I should be highlight to Fiat, as if some critical suspension related part is not assembled properly or is defective and needs replacement under warranty Or this issue is normally observed in other linea's also.

I am quite worried and need your help/guidance pls. I need some direction before I put across the issue in TASS , who are (in)famous for their diagnosis skills.
First of all kindly check the tyre pressure with a digital tyre gauge/ check it at 2 different places atleast.

The rear tyres when filled correctly with 33psi still remains a bit flattish as if air is less.

Linea will never give a bumpy ride for the back benchers. Its the smoothest of the lot.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:54   #380
BHPian

Did you know?

If you use of the new Windows Mango phones from Samsung or the much marketed Nokia Lumia - the Blue&Me will offer to read your messages.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:00   #381
BHPian

Ok, since this is the Did you know thread, I have a question?

Does anyone know if the new Linea 2012 has removed the cigarette lighter slot? Even though, I don't smoke, I use that slot frequently in my current car for chargining my phone/tablet. If the slot has indeed been removed, is there any alternative?
Old 18th July 2012, 08:46   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Ok, since this is the Did you know thread, I have a question?

Does anyone know if the new Linea 2012 has removed the cigarette lighter slot? Even though, I don't smoke, I use that slot frequently in my current car for chargining my phone/tablet. If the slot has indeed been removed, is there any alternative?
No. It is not removed. It is available even from the base 'Active' variant.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:14   #383
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2842064

pls some more experts can respond and share your views on this query on Linea MJD 2012.

Amit- but if psi is less , it will be less bouncy. Thanks, even while returning , i put 36 psi , still felt that bounciness.
Old 18th July 2012, 15:54   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

pls some more experts can respond and share your views on this query on Linea MJD 2012.

Amit- but if psi is less , it will be less bouncy. Thanks, even while returning , i put 36 psi , still felt that bounciness.
Sir, I am asking you to fill exactly 33psi. Verify it atleast at 2 places whether its exact 33psi and not more.

If you are riding with 36Psi surely the car will bounce.
Old 18th July 2012, 18:00   #385
BHPian

Quote:

Hello, I don't know how technically correct this is, but keeping your tyre pressure a little lower than recommended helps improve the ride. We keep our Linea at 30 psi of nitrogen against the recommended 32. But just make sure you check the pressure at 2k km intervals or so to ensure it doesn't go down by too much, say less than 27-28 psi.
36 psi will definitely make the car very very bouncy!
one-77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2012, 18:13   #386
BHPian

Quote:

On my Fiat Siena if I increase more than 32psi and am only person in car then it bounces, but with car fully loaded it is comfortable. For single 30psi is very comfortable.

Also note that during highway runs the air gets heated and expands so 32psi would be about 34-36psi (For normal air not Nitrogen). In case you kept it at 36psi then it would be very uncomfortable.

Also bear in mind to check the pressure of cold air and not after the air gets heated, in which case it will always show higher by 3-4psi.

Cheers
MKPI
Old 13th August 2012, 21:03   #387
BHPian

I topped up the air to 36 psi twice over the last 2 months in my T-Jet's OEM 16 inch tyres. Did not feel the ride was bouncy even on a 250 km highway run.

That aside, I read somewhere that over inflating tyres beyond the recommended pressure leads to the middle of the tyre section wearing out faster.
Old 13th August 2012, 21:20   #388
SAS
BHPian

@amazing - please do not fill less than the recommended pressure. It shall cause heat build up in the tires and they shall wear prematurely. At highway speeds with luggage, you should fill around 2-3psi higher than normal.. Don't go above that pressure though. Regarding the bounciness, the NH-4 is generally bouncy on the concrete road from Pune to Kolhapur. That's normal the road was not properly built. I could feel it in my alto and santro as well over the several trips I have made from Mumbai to Goa. To resolve the bumpiness do the following:
1. Reduce speed to around 80 or so. I felt improvement at those speeds on that road. I too was initially driving around 100kmph but dropped speed to be comfortable. At around 100kmph, the undulations coincide with the bumps on the concrete road and seem to amplify the oscillations
2. Fill around 3psi higher. Anything above that shall cause the ride to be bouncy
3. Reduce weight in the trunk. That shall reduce the rear's weight leverage. Put your duffle bags in the rear seat. Have the heavier person sit in the front seat. Put your child locks on if your child is unaccompanied in the rear.
SAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 21:43   #389
BHPian

It all boils down to sidewall stiffness. A-drives are notoriously soft and the car dips in turn on highways. At 34psi its just perfect. On stiff sidewall tires it will cause uneven bounce and harsh on suspension

Regards,
Vijay
Old 14th August 2012, 13:23   #390
Senior - BHPian

I concur with what @amazing mentioned regarding a bouncy ride. I could feel it in my 2012 Punto Emotion too. I have Yokohama C-Drives in stock size with 32 psi nitrogen in all tires.

I feel this bounciness could be attributed to the stiffer setup used in 2012 cars.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 14th August 2012 at 13:24.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed