Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2012, 14:40   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
The bounciness in 2012 linea reduces as soon as car does about 9-11k kms. My neighbor has done 11k and now i dont find bounciness the way i immediately noticed when we bought his car first.
why is that so? You think it'd be due to suspension settling in?
Old 12th September 2012, 19:48   #407
BHPian

I bought 26" and 16" Hella aerodynamic wiper blades for my Linea but cant figure out how to install these.Need help before I break some part of these blades.
Old 23rd September 2012, 15:32   #408
BHPian

hi,
i have a 2010 linea emotion pack,last week i was geeting the door corrected for some rattling when i found that there are no tweeters in the front doors, only the plastic covers are there. is it the same with everyone.
all these years i have been thinking i have 2 tweeters as well in the front doors.
Old 23rd September 2012, 17:52   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent
hi,
i have a 2010 linea emotion pack,last week i was geeting the door corrected for some rattling when i found that there are no tweeters in the front doors, only the plastic covers are there. is it the same with everyone.
all these years i have been thinking i have 2 tweeters as well in the front doors.
In my 2009 Linea. There is a tweeter in both front doors. But it's just a tweeter and No crossovers are attached to it.
Old 23rd September 2012, 18:05   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-dent View Post
hi,
Mine's a 2011 model: in stock condition, tweeters were present but disconnected.
Old 24th September 2012, 11:47   #411
gemi_kk

Guys ... I have been looking for the Linea Test drive and review thread. ( Not the Tjet one. The Actual MJD review)

I couldnt locate it somehow. Could someone provide me the link for the same?

Old 24th September 2012, 13:30   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Guys ... I have been looking for the Linea Test drive and review thread. ( Not the Tjet one. The Actual MJD review)

I couldnt locate it somehow. Could someone provide me the link for the same?
Just use the search tool buddy, you should find some, here is the latest one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iat-linea.html

Also you can find lot of Linea MJD reviews at teamfiat<dot>co<dot>in
Old 25th September 2012, 17:23   #413
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkg77 View Post
Just use the search tool buddy, you should find some, here is the latest one http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...iat-linea.html

Also you can find lot of Linea MJD reviews at teamfiat<dot>co<dot>in
Oops... this is not the link. i was expecting the actual review from GTO.

Old 1st October 2012, 08:40   #414
BHPian

I had delivered my Fiat Linea KL-08-AQ-4567 to Hyson Motors, Thrissur on 25th September 2012 with the complaint of clutch not engaging while changing gear and also very low pick-up. The car was kept for one day and returned to me on 26th September 2012 after rectification. But when I arrived home, the electronic remote key was not functioning; all the information on the driver panel was changed; like the dates was showing year 2005. I immediately informed the Service adviser. In the evening I received a call from Hyson motors to know the performance of the car and I informed them about these as well.
On 28th I had gone to a hospital with my wife and while returning at 11.00 am the car wouldn’t start at all. I tried several means, but with no luck. I informed the roadside assistance and they arrived at 5.00 pm and even they couldn’t start the car and it had to be towed to Hyson motors. A car from a world class manufacturer and to see it being towed away was really heart breaking. On 29th afternoon the SA called and informed me that it was battery complaint and I will need to replace the battery. I advised him to double-check and confirm before I buy a new battery.
[FONT=&quot]On 30th afternoon, I get a call from the SA informing that they detect a complaint in the Fuse Carrier assembly and as I do not have extended warranty I will have to replace it at my cost which he quoted approximately Rs.15000/-.
My car is only 3.5 years old and run nearly 17000 kilometers only. I have had a Ford Ikon for 10 years, Tavera since last 5 years, Linea and a VW Polo since 1.5 years. None of these other 3 cars ever had this problem. How come the fuse carrier gets faulty in just 3.5 years and is this common problem with Fiat Linea. Has any other owner faced a similar problem?

Any help/ advise from the members is highly appreciated. Please advise what should I do as I strongly believe that my car was tampered with at the service station when I had delivered for the above mentioned complaint.
Old 1st October 2012, 10:05   #415
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
I had delivered my Fiat Linea KL-08-AQ-4567 to Hyson Motors, Thrissur on 25th September 2012 with the complaint of clutch not engaging while changing gear and also very low pick-up. The car was kept for one day and returned to me on 26th September 2012 after rectification. But when I arrived home, the electronic remote key was not functioning; all the information on the driver panel was changed; like the dates was showing year 2005. I immediately informed the Service adviser. In the evening I received a call from Hyson motors to know the performance of the car and I informed them about these as well.

[FONT=&quot]On 30th afternoon, I get a call from the SA informing that they detect a complaint in the Fuse Carrier assembly and as I do not have extended warranty I will have to replace it at my cost which he quoted approximately Rs.15000/-.
My car is only 3.5 years old and run nearly 17000 kilometers only. I have had a Ford Ikon for 10 years, Tavera since last 5 years, Linea and a VW Polo since 1.5 years. None of these other 3 cars ever had this problem. How come the fuse carrier gets faulty in just 3.5 years and is this common problem with Fiat Linea. Has any other owner faced a similar problem?
There is a thread which says something like "Who should buy a European Cars?" and in that thread, one point says, you should give more care to your car, esp when it doesnt work, you need to go to *** and you need to get it checked personally. You have missed this step, so you have to pay the price
[Just joking]

Sorry dude to hear this!! One thing is for sure, in the process of fixing your car, they have shorted something because of which fuse box got burnt. If not, you would have faced the wire burning smell prior you give your car to ***.

Now You can do couple of things.
Drop a mail to Fiat, you can find many Email id's in the fiat thread. Talk to Mangesh of Fiat service. Shout on them, Ask for the probable reasons on why the wiring got burnt. Ask FIAT to get it fixed as *** messed up with your car. Thats all you could do with respect to ***.
Another point, go to fiat thread, check for the other users who ever faced any problem with the same service center, contact them, take email copies, and then shout on FIAT saying that, you are not the only person who is suffering with this A.S.s []

There are many good Fiat Mechanics in all the cities, try to get their information from Fiat thread or PUG or FIat Club and try visiting them, you could get the problem rectified at a cheaper cost.

Now i see that, your other car, Polo is another European Car.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 1st October 2012 at 10:10. Reason: Adding value.

Old 3rd October 2012, 13:55   #416
BHPian

Guys - after considerable research and analysis, I'm more or less locked down on upsizing the Michelin PLC rubber on my 2009 Linea to Yokohama S-Drives (205/55/R15). I'm convinced this will help me get the best out of the car.

Any thoughts/suggestions etc.?
Old 3rd October 2012, 15:50   #417
BHPian

Even I am planning to change the tyres in my Linea and almost made my mind to go for A-Drives[195/65]. As I bought A-Drives for my swift recently and greatly impressed with its handling and ride quality.

I am also looking for some better suggestions on this.

Last edited by BulZire : 3rd October 2012 at 15:55.
Old 3rd October 2012, 17:08   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Oops... this is not the link. i was expecting the actual review from GTO.
Sorry mate, there is no "Official Review" of the Linea 1.3 MJD in the forum by GTO / any other person.

You have to go through the various ownership threads and take a decision or check out other forums.
Old 3rd October 2012, 19:01   #419
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
Sorry mate, there is no "Official Review" of the Linea 1.3 MJD in the forum by GTO / any other person.

You have to go through the various ownership threads and take a decision or check out other forums.
Thanks mate! After searching so many times, i came to the same conclusion.
Someone pointed out that, when Linea was launched, there was no concept of Reviews in Team Bhp. THat might be the reason.

Old 4th October 2012, 09:48   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Guys - after considerable research and analysis, I'm more or less locked down on upsizing the Michelin PLC rubber on my 2009 Linea to Yokohama S-Drives (205/55/R15). I'm convinced this will help me get the best out of the car.
Hi Omtoatom, do update this the thread with your experience of the new tyres once you change the shoes on your car. I am planning to do the same, though not for some time to come but would be very interested to hear others thoughts about the same!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks