Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2012, 11:14   #421
BHPian

Re: Fiat Linea - "Did You Know?" Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hi Omtoatom, do update this the thread with your experience of the new tyres once you change the shoes on your car. I am planning to do the same, though not for some time to come but would be very interested to hear others thoughts about the same!!
Sure thing buddy.

More or less zeroed in on the Yokos, figured I'd also hear what our friends here have to say. Is yours wearing stock rubber??
Old 4th October 2012, 11:19   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Sure thing buddy.
... Is yours wearing stock rubber??
Thanks Omtaotom, and yes my car still has the stock tyres in place.
My Linea is a Tjet+ but the stock goodyears result in a lot of tyre noise, especially at high speeds and on concrete / tiled roads - don't ask!!
Will be looking forward to what you experience once you change her shoes!!
Old 4th October 2012, 12:07   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
The stock goodyears result in a lot of tyre noise, especially at high speeds and on concrete / tiled roads - don't ask!!
Will be looking forward to what you experience once you change her shoes!!
Yes the Goodyears are pretty damn loud especially on these burgeoning tiled roads in Mumbai - which btw the BMC seems to have taken a new fascination for. All over the place man! I don't know if its cost-cutting but these tiles aren't very confidence-inspiring for motorists. The tires certainly seem to hate them - they touch new lows of lousiness on them!
Old 21st October 2012, 14:55   #424

Hey folk, does anyone have any experience of modifying their Linea (for performance mainly) ?
Any special tips on air-filters , ecu-remaps etc ?
Linea Petrol(especially)
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:37   #425
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaladhi View Post
Hey folk, does anyone have any experience of modifying their Linea (for performance mainly) ?
Any special tips on air-filters , ecu-remaps etc ?
Linea Petrol(especially)
If it is a Tjet, then why do you want to Modify it again? It has tremendous amount of power when compared to the other vehicles that are running on roads.

Fiat Linea is an orphan, there are hardly 50-100 takers in a month from a country of 130+ Crores. In this 50-100 count, 60% are MJD's.

If you go for some serious mods, there will be no one to get your vehicle repaired on a high way. (if required) My 1.6 NA petrol was not properly repaired by Tata *** when the vehicle was given to them which is in stock condition.

Another reason is that, you would be out of warranty so even FIAT wont help you. with rising fuel prices, why do you want to modify it?

If you are really interested, go for a Skoda's TSI ones. Buy it in seconds, mod it and have Fun. but not FIAT. My 2 cents.
  (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:50   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
If it is a Tjet, then why do you want to Modify it again? It has tremendous amount of power when compared to the other vehicles that are running on roads.

Fiat Linea is an orphan, there are hardly 50-100 takers in a month from a country of 130+ Crores. In this 50-100 count, 60% are MJD's.

If you go for some serious mods, there will be no one to get your vehicle repaired on a high way. (if required) My 1.6 NA petrol was not properly repaired by Tata *** when the vehicle was given to them which is in stock condition.

Another reason is that, you would be out of warranty so even FIAT wont help you. with rising fuel prices, why do you want to modify it?

If you are really interested, go for a Skoda's TSI ones. Buy it in seconds, mod it and have Fun. but not FIAT. My 2 cents.

Nope, I have a 1.4 FIRE and it is a 2010 model ; I missed the TJet Launch by some 6 months..
The 1.4 is an awesome car but yes, sometimes I wonder if I can make it pull a little more, a little further,a little harder..
its like a beast on a lease..wanting to go further but strained back by its weight-to-power ratio :( :( (believe it or not,I actually clocked the underbelly of 180;with this beauty..but that was just once;dont really want to push "her" to the limits very often)
I am just thinking of some performance mod ..for any miniscule improvement in the engine performance (power or mileage)

I have already completed 2 years and am out of the warranty period (had been patiently waiting for it ) so I guess I can do it now ..
also, my local Tata-Fiat dealer has a good garage service and has always given me satisfactory( not stellar..but decent) results..so thats not really problem either..

Anyways, so ,I am definitely going for an airfilterby Diwali..I am just thinking over which one to go for .... any inputs to that ?
Old 23rd October 2012, 09:12   #427
BHPian

Talking about TJet+ mods, I have been meaning to ask this.

1) I am a bit of a sedate driver yet I love the TJ+ to the core. I find its power delivery in first and second gears a bit overwhelming so to speak, not that this is the most powerful car I have driven but the spool is just too sharp and it come in at around 200 till 2500 and engine is fuming by then. Is there any mild tuned ecu for this? so that the engine is bit more relaxed even if delivers power a bit less or the spool can be stretched till higher rpms.

2)I have another query, how does one make the whole folder of music in loop, I am stuck with the media-player looping the current mp3 and for the love of god cant figure out how, I have read menstrual and every thing. I think there is just a small-thing I am overlooking so will gals if anyone can throw some light.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:03   #428
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaladhi View Post
Nope, I have a 1.4 FIRE and it is a 2010 model ; I missed the TJet Launch by some 6 months..

I have already completed 2 years and am out of the warranty period (had been patiently waiting for it ) so I guess I can do it now ..
also, my local Tata-Fiat dealer has a good garage service and has always given me satisfactory( not stellar..but decent) results..so thats not really problem either..

Anyways, so ,I am definitely going for an airfilterby Diwali..I am just thinking over which one to go for .... any inputs to that ?
Hmmm.... you missed the train dude...

Comming to your problem. In stock air filter box, you can always go for K&N which is used by many users and definitely it will give you a power increase but it would be minimal.

If you really want to go for serious mods. the first thing you ought to remember is that you are modding a engine which is working fine. and you may face any niggles in future.

I would suggest you to go through the fiat documents and analyze whether you can add the turbo of a Tjet or not. I guess this should be a feasible mod. Now the question is what should be placed in which location. make the notes for this from the documents. List down what all parts you need. Turbo + housing + pipes and other stuff. and get the work done in your presence.

Max Cost would be around 1L. This is a rough quote anyway. I guess the turbo itself costs around 30 - 50K or maybe more.

Old 23rd October 2012, 11:47   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saargoga View Post
Is there any mild tuned ecu for this?
I don't think it would be a good idea to fiddle with this car's electronics. As it is they made a very limited number and I doubt if Fiat India have the ability to support this car if there is a technical problem with the engine.

What you are asking has to do with the turbo charger directly as that wave of power is a result of the turbo charger. You can't do much about this apart from regulating throttle inputs. That wave of power does not last too long. It starts to hit you as you near 2000rpm and is pretty much done at 4500rpm or maybe less. I have not paid too much attention on when the turbo charger effect tappers off.

Just go easy on the throttle. That is what I do. The reason for first gear to be so jumpy has to do more with the short gearing which I hate more than anything else. It feels as if it is a crawler gear. You need to get out of first almost immediately.

I am a sedate driver too. It is only when the situation demands it do I explore the true power of this car. As a result, I don't find my car difficult to drive or too jumpy to control. In fact; I find it too lazy and sedate at times. Some have said it is due to an adapting ecu as my driving is mostly sedate. I can't be too sure of this.

Quote:
I have another query, how does one make the whole folder of music in loop,
As for the stereo; I am not sure if I followed you. Are you saying that music keeps repeating off a single folder and does not play all folders present in the usb drive? Is this for mp3 on cd or usb?

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 23rd October 2012 at 11:49.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:38   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Just go easy on the throttle. That is what I do. The reason for first gear to be so jumpy has to do more with the short gearing which I hate more than anything else. It feels as if it is a crawler gear. You need to get out of first almost immediately.

I am a sedate driver too. It is only when the situation demands it do I explore the true power of this car. As a result, I don't find my car difficult to drive or too jumpy to control. In fact; I find it too lazy and sedate at times. Some have said it is due to an adapting ecu as my driving is mostly sedate. I can't be too sure of this.
Driving around in first gear with stop go traffic gets a little irritating with spooling in petrol than in diesel, otherwise I like the power quite a bit infact I only like to drive Tj on highways with cruising at 80-90 mostly so just had a little concern there and was hoping an ecu piggyback would do the trick

Adapting ECU? in Linea? I am not sure how much effective is it, I have never experienced any out of line behavior as of now its been 9k on the ODO, if it works its really good :P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
As for the stereo; I am not sure if I followed you. Are you saying that music keeps repeating off a single folder and does not play all folders present in the usb drive? Is this for mp3 on cd or usb?
Sorry if I have not been clear, the music loops only current song not the entire playlist. I have to either use Blue&me command or press manual next on steering wheel to change song.

I think I have tried all settings in both dashes and have gone through the manual, may be its a toggle button somewhere.
Old 23rd October 2012, 13:34   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Driving around in first gear with stop go traffic gets a little irritating
I completely agree. I was stuck in a bad jam only yesterday and it was driving me mad. Besides; the clutch tends to get heavier with excessive use in bumper to bumper traffic. It eases back after the car cools off.

Quote:
I only like to drive Tj on highways with cruising at 80-90 mostly so just had a little concern there and was hoping an ecu piggyback would do the trick.
The T Jet likes to stretch its legs all the time. It is more comfortable on the highway than in the city. Please don't think of any after market ecu piggy back for the T Jet. You do not want to complicate things. Like I said earlier, this is a car few mechanics have experience with as there are very few on the road and that go in for service. Complicated issues may not be easily resolved as they do in a multi jet engine.

Quote:
Adapting ECU?
I was told this is a possibility right on this forum itself when I had complained of a drop in power with my car in very hot temperatures and on two occasions when I lost power completely after two full bore starts. I find it hard to believe. If it does exist, well and good.

Quote:
the music loops only current song not the entire playlist. I have to either use Blue&me command or press manual next on steering wheel to change song.
Oh my god. Don't tell me you have been driving like this for the last 9000km! The solution to this exists in the system itself. Will put up a solution in 6 hours as I will be driving my car.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:07   #432
BHPian

I have been driving Linea for the last 8 months but I'm not sure about two things which I would like to ask.Sorry for sounding foolish.
1.How to go to the next folder of songs on USB stick and MP3 disk if both of these have more than one folder.
2.How to fold the ORVM completely from inside if these can be folded? Right now only the mirror inside can be adjusted and not the whole ORVM assembly.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:27   #433
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I have tried all settings in both dashes and have gone through the manual, may be its a toggle button somewhere.
Hit the MAIN button on the steering wheel and go to MEDIA PLAYER - SET USB - TRACK LOOP - DEACTIVATE. Confirm with the OK button on the steering wheel and the multi information display should say 'LOOP OFF'. This should fix the problem. Let me know if it works or does not work.
Old 23rd October 2012, 19:55   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
How to go to the next folder of songs on USB stick and MP3 disk if both of these have more than one folder.
I am not sure about MP3 disc but you can try this. On the right side of the head unit there is a round button with direction keys as icons indication 'up, down, left, right'. Try hitting one of these to see of it changes folder.

For usb, using the steering wheel controls, press MAIN, go to MEDIA PLAYER - hit OK on the steering wheel, scroll to USB OPTIONS - hit OK, and scroll through the list till you find FOLDERS, hit OK and you should find all folders in the usb drive. Hit OK again and it should ask you if you want to PLAY ALL or just scroll through the list of songs in the folder and hit OK if you wish to listen to a particular track in the folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
How to fold the ORVM completely from inside if these can be folded?
There is no way to electrically fold in the mirrors from inside the car. This feature is not present in any Linea sold in India for sure
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:18   #435
BHPian

I will try it tomorrow but I have one more question.How to fast forward the song being played?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks