Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2011, 22:53   #1
BANNED

M&M Scorpio MHawk 4wd LX Launched.

I saw a new(Nov 2011) Scorpio MHawk LX 4WD at Ramnagar today. I had a small chat with the owner who told me that the vehicle cost him 11.25 lac OTR Bangalore and his was the first MHawk LX 4wd to be sold in KA.

Looks like M&M has finally woken up to the needs of people like us who need a no frills air conditioned reliable 4wd vehicle which can take 5 adults in comfort across the country and do a fair bit of weekend trail blazing and off roading as well.

This move will certainly eat into some of the top end 4wd sales, Thar sales and will push up the LX sales by a fair number.

The vehicle looked identical to any other MHawk LX apart from the 4wd moniker on the rear boot lid/door, the freewheeling hubs up front and the usual M&M shifter knob in the centre console.
n.devdath is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 23:14   #2
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: M&M Scorpio MHawk 4wd LX Launched.

Good find Devdath. 11.25 OTR in Bangalore is very reasonable for the 4 x 4. The SUV will be cheaper in Chennai. Would try and check it out this weekend.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:24   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats good news from M&M devnath.In fact they should have also made available ABS and airbags for the LX as options and not restricted these to the higher end models. . After all, is it that those who buy the LX do not value their and their near and dear ones lives?
I am sure the LX 4WD now in the civilian market shows M&M 's preparation to sell these to the military and para military forces very soon.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:34   #4
BHPian

I the likes. Thanks for the news. Good thing overall. Sense prevailing after 3-4 years. Now just reduce price wee bit and eat the market.I always liked the LX for its simplicity. 4WD at 11.25 is good but 10l is more like it.
Old 18th November 2011, 23:41   #5
BHPian

What is the ex-show room price? LX4x4 should be 75K more than its 4x2 version. I hope the ex-show room price is around 8.75L for the LX 4x4 variant
Old 19th November 2011, 01:01   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I saw a new(Nov 2011) Scorpio MHawk LX 4WD
Reported about it already sometime ago, as below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Latest news
Scorpio 4x4 LX available now - 9.17L ex showroom Delhi

Safari EX 4x4 also makes a comeback, though they have not got gone ahead and introduced LX 4x4. If they do so, it would cost less than 9L ex showroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Thanks, Tanveer. This was the thread I was hunting for to post the info into. Had a repeat conversation with the Koncept sales executive of what we had here, only he was a little wiser this time and checked with the company - and I got the quote.
Old 19th November 2011, 09:45   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
What is the ex-show room price? LX4x4 should be 75K more than its 4x2 version. I hope the ex-show room price is around 8.75L for the LX 4x4 variant
Checked with SKS and was quoted an ex-showroom price of INR 9.23l Blore.

To me, this is now the ideal "expedition vehicle" in its segment. No frills, gizmos and cranky sensors. A basic, rugged 4wd which can carry 5 adults in comfort across the country with proven reliability and service network.

Last edited by n.devdath : 19th November 2011 at 09:47.
Old 19th November 2011, 11:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

One year too late but good news. Does this have the manual 4wd selector lever. The manual on my vehicle has illustrations of a manual 4wd selector lever with manual hub locks as well.
Old 19th November 2011, 11:48   #9
BHPian

Great news!! I had to buy the VLX 4X4 for want of the 4X4 option in the lower models. However, I find the value added features in the vlx are well worth the price though may not be suitable for offroading except the TPMS.
Old 20th November 2011, 13:27   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Does this have the manual 4wd selector lever. The manual on my vehicle has illustrations of a manual 4wd selector lever with manual hub locks as well.
It doesn't. I wish it did though. It has the typical electrical shift lever like the VLX from Borg Warner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_anurag View Post
Great news!! I had to buy the VLX 4X4 for want of the 4X4 option in the lower models. However, I find the value added features in the vlx are well worth the price though may not be suitable for offroading except the TPMS.
To each his own. IMO M&M have some way to go before their mechantronics can be termed reliable and hence, the features, which are no doubt useful, lose their charm pretty soon due to their erratic functioning.
Old 20th November 2011, 15:21   #11
BHPian

M&M is charging a premium of over 1.25L for 4x4 LX variant pricing. The 4x2 LX is about 7.95L. Over pricing by atleast 50K IMHO.
Old 20th November 2011, 15:55   #12
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

finally after all these years of banging my head against the wall.
its good that the basic LX with 4WD is now out in the market place.

good show Mahindra!
Am sure there will be many many takers for it!

cheers
Old 20th November 2011, 15:59   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
M&M is charging a premium of over 1.25L for 4x4 LX variant pricing. The 4x2 LX is about 7.95L. Over pricing by atleast 50K IMHO.
Is there a better priced 4wd today? To me, this is a pretty fair price if it is 50k more than what is expected.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:07   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

all they need to do now is to bring in an LX PLUS with ABS and Front Airbags. Remove all the useless electronic twaddle from the VLX and indeed discontinue the VLX completely. This will remove any threat to the new XUV.
I dont know why its taken them so long to realize that the market was ripe for a good quality, rugged, tough 4WD Scorpio with AC, Power Windows and Power steering. thank god they did realize though!
now if they do the LX Plus as described above, they will continue to hold their stranglehold over that segment of the utility + lifestyle focussed market! The Scorpio is really spacious and a perfect UTE in many ways. Now its become even better on account of this new development. I really wish they would listen to us consumers and make safety as much of a priority as it is in other countries!
M&M - please focus on utility - remove the blingy cosmetics and electronic claptrap rubbish.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2011, 16:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Is there a better priced 4wd today? To me, this is a pretty fair price if it is 50k more than what is expected.
There is none. TATA in deep slumber/Freeze on utility.

At least now they can bring No frills Safari LX 4x4 possibly 8.5L (Tata merely retracted only 60K on Aria from AWD to 4x2) OR at additional 75K over 4x4 LX safari to show they are in the game.

Tata can offer 4x4 on Grande midvariant at below 8L pricing.

But TATA has forgotten how to play winning game in Utility Vehicles

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks