Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2011, 22:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i10 Blue Drive LPG Launched

Hey i have a question, does the LPG tank replace the fuel tank, or does it sit in the boot instead ?

---
SiddVish
Old 28th November 2011, 23:48   #17
A.R
BHPian

@SiddVish: Typically a LPG tank is housed within the spare wheel well while the spare wheel is mounted diagonally in the boot.
Old 29th November 2011, 00:03   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

At least in Mumbai, I see more CNG refilling stations as compared to LPG. Also, as per my knowledge, CNG is cheaper and gives more mileage than LPG. Drop in performance is also lower as compared to LPG. But I still see manufactures coming with LPG kitted cars rather than CNG. Am I missing something big?
Old 29th November 2011, 00:33   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
At least in Mumbai, I see more CNG refilling stations as compared to LPG. Also, as per my knowledge, CNG is cheaper and gives more mileage than LPG. Drop in performance is also lower as compared to LPG. But I still see manufactures coming with LPG kitted cars rather than CNG. Am I missing something big?
Drop in performance in CNG is more than LPG. LPG power delivery is at par with petrol. (95%). CNG power is about 75% IMO.

CNG takes up the entire boot of a hatchback. this is a drawback that may be the deciding factor for companies to promote LPG+ boot space.

petrol is 73inr/l = 12kmpl = 6.08 inr/km
LPG is 45inr/l = 10 kmpl = 3.75 inr/km
CNG is 31.5 inr/l = 22kmpl = 1.43 inr/km
Mumbai rates and avg figures for wagon r / santro / i10 class.

UM
UniqueMods is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:09   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueMods View Post
Drop in performance in CNG is more than LPG. LPG power delivery is at par with petrol. (95%). CNG power is about 75% IMO.

CNG takes up the entire boot of a hatchback. this is a drawback that may be the deciding factor for companies to promote LPG+ boot space.

petrol is 73inr/l = 12kmpl = 6.08 inr/km
LPG is 45inr/l = 10 kmpl = 3.75 inr/km
CNG is 31.5 inr/l = 22kmpl = 1.43 inr/km
Mumbai rates and avg figures for wagon r / santro / i10 class.

UM
Man, CNG IS cheap, even cheaper than diesel. Wish CNG facilities were available here in Goa. I would readily have purchased a CNG-run vehicle as our second car, for majority of our drives within Goa.
Old 9th December 2011, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Auto Lpg is not much value, why?

Because it is overpriced in India.

One 14.2 kg cylinder costs Rs 400 while its real price should be Rs 650.

1 kg Lpg= 1.88 litre LPG so 14.2 kg =14.2*1.88=26.696 litre

so price/litre= Rs 650/26.696=Rs 24.34

Now 1 litre of Auto LPG=Rs 40-45 depending on the city.

It's a policy to have Autolpg rate @ 60% of petrol price so when petrol price goes up so does auto lpg price.

So you are subsidizing the domestic LPG and diesel!

It's a shame that the government is doing nothing to promote this green fuel by pricing it so high. AFAIK LPG is not imported like crude oil (or as much as) hence the country saves foreign exchange too!

If the Auto lpg is around say Rs 28-30 it would be enticing option and because of mispricing pilferage of domestic lpg happens as it costs only Rs 15 per litre at the subsidized rate.

PS: CNG is sold per kg

Last edited by rock75 : 9th December 2011 at 13:52.
Old 19th March 2012, 18:39   #22
BHPian

Here are the pictures I spotted in Advaith Hyundai
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Blue Drive LPG Launched-img_20120317_120620.jpg  

Hyundai i10 Blue Drive LPG Launched-img_20120317_120627.jpg  

vivek.ks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 22:31   #23
Senior - BHPian

I have a question. Will hyundai fit a LPG kit on my i10 kappa sportz without invalidating my warranty?
Old 20th March 2012, 09:12   #24
BHPian

^^ If you get it done with Hyundai A.S.S than it shouldn't void the warranty. But than again get ready for paying extra premium
Old 20th March 2012, 10:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
I have a question. Will hyundai fit a LPG kit on my i10 kappa sportz without invalidating my warranty?
Hyundai is providing factory fitted LPG kit only with i10 irde 1.1L engine variants. I don't think they would let you fit the LPG kit in a kappa variant without voiding the warranty.

My suggestion would be to wait till the warranty expires and then go for the LPG kit, if at all it can be done at the Hyundai workshop.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 10:19   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Even though this is a good move by Hyundai to attract more customers, I have my reservations against the LPG kits.
I agree with what Ajay says.

While factory fitted kits take care of safety issues,the damage that LPG does to engines in the long term needs to be experienced to be believed.

and there is the foul smell that emanates from most LPG vehicle exhausts ; move close to LPG vehicles in Chennai and you'll know.

CNG is lighter than air ; the risk of fire remains but can be mitigated through proper kit fitment and interlocks.CNG kits are safer any day.
Old 20th March 2012, 18:41   #27
BHPian

I wish they also provide LPG option for Kappa. Why is it they are leaving out Kappa when they would give LPG option for IRDE engine?
Old 21st May 2012, 10:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

hi, what is the material used for intake manifold in Kappa?, i assume it is plastic.
Old 4th July 2012, 18:09   #29
BANNED

i10 LPG kit is not sequential. That is the main reason it is not available with kappa engine. Spark and Beat LPG kits are superior in technology as they are BRC sequential kit. Hundai LPG kits uses old generation technology. For better consistent performance sequential is best.
Old 6th August 2012, 18:10   #30
BHPian

Well i am owning I10 LPG , bought it 3 months back.

I will write a full ownership review soon but as of now i would like to mention the following things :-

1) Overall my experience has been really good.No doubt Wagon r LPG was a better option as it has sequential injection system ,but as my previous car was also Wagon R i was not keen to buy the same car again.Wagon R is undoubtedly the best car with CNG and LPG option as far as mileage and technology is concerned. But I10 is also good enough.

2) As far as mileage is concerned i am quite happy. I daily drive 44 Kms in mumbai (to and fro from office to home) and almost every weekend i drive down to Nasik. The cost per km on highway is around 3.0 rs which is really impressive. While in city driving conditions its about 4.50 to 4.75 Rs per km. I used to get about 6Rs per km when i was using wagon R (petrol) on the same route.Kindly note that i have to travel via sion in the evening which has heavy traffic and so the mileage is considerably low.All above figures were achieved with AC

3)Availability of LPG is an issue.I generally get it from HP petrol pump at sion,and 2 outlets on Mumbai nasik highway.

4)Tank capacity is not that great.Probably the reserve capacity is more.The tank is full with mere 16Kgs of LPG

5)In April 2012 LPG price was hovering around 48Rs per KG,while currently it is 43 Rs per Kg in Mumbai.Right now considering petrol prices LPG helps to save considerably but surely CNG is cheaper.

Above points were just to give a overall idea. As mentioned will write a detailed report soon.

Drive safe!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks