Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 13:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Did any one notice that the New Camry looks some what like the Accord from the rear? I dont know why but many companies seem to take cues from the Accord for their cars.

P.S Did any one notice that the CRV and Accord have the same engine but the CRV has 10 more horses then the Accord (152 vs 142)
Old 29th March 2006, 12:00   #17
BHPian

21 lakhs woah... why wouldnt i buy a yr oe 2 yr old c class benz
Old 29th March 2006, 12:06   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
P.S Did any one notice that the CRV and Accord have the same engine but the CRV has 10 more horses then the Accord (152 vs 142)
The new accord (with the new rear) will probably have more horses.

What pisses me off about the Camry is that Toyota can easily start manufacturing it here as it's gauranted to sell in large volumes but they still choose to get it as CBU and make us pay a much higher prices for no reason. I just dont see the logic behind getting a best seller car in as CBU, its unfair to the consumers...shame on Toyota's commitment to India!
Old 29th March 2006, 18:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe
21 lakhs woah... why wouldnt i buy a yr oe 2 yr old c class benz
Because C class will be 2 years old. Where TOYOTA will be brand new.
MB is having some quality issues.
And if you find anyone who is ready to sell C class within 2 years you can imagine in what state car will be.
Old 29th March 2006, 18:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Because C class will be 2 years old. Where TOYOTA will be brand new.
MB is having some quality issues.
And if you find anyone who is ready to sell C class within 2 years you can imagine in what state car will be.
A lot of Expat execs sell em tonnes of em are on sale
and a MB is an MB A TOYOTA can never match the performance and comfort and quality

I have no idea what Quality issues you are talking abt i have a e 240
Old 31st March 2006, 17:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Spotted the new Camry today. The car does look good from the front. It has a modern design. Appeal or no appeal, there are a lot of buyers for the Camry, specially the hotels. For some reason, I think that this is one of their considerations. Its an ideal car for comfort and space compared to the Accord. It seems, the new Camry will also feature a 3.5L V6 in one of its variants.

Also, on close observation, don't you think that the front of the Camry looks similar to the Ford Iosis (the future Mondeo)?!
Old 3rd April 2006, 09:30   #22
mxx
BHPian

The pricing is definetely a big disadvantage for camry.
Very few people except hardcore toyota fans would take up camry for this price. Especially when accord v6 is available substantially cheaper than this.
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:48   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I spotted the New Camry last nite on Marine Drive. Was surprised to see an example on the road so soon.

Impressions :

1. The rear is nice, and the side profile (especially the front fender) is very muscular.

2. The front is UGLY! IMHO the front and rear look mismatched.

3. The car looks decidedly European with none of that american styling that the previous Camry had.

But it still lacked character. A Camry trademark?

GTO
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:55   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
But it still lacked character. A Camry trademark?
Probably. Anonymous is safe - giving the car a certain character can mean that it gets stereotyped.
Old 3rd April 2006, 18:12   #25
BHPian

The new sixth generation Camry is definitely far more radical from the 'vanilla' Camry's that used to be there. In fact, it also borrows design cues from the BMW 7-series. IMO, its the best looking Camry till date.

Looks apart, its 2.4-litre engine now puts out 167bhp, which is 23bhp more than its predecessor, though it isnt known how much of that power translates to an increase in performance. What's also there is a 1,00,000kms warranty, which speaks of the Camry's reliabilty.

The Camry may be priced on the higher side but the premium will be worth it. The Accord is still the D-segment champion but Toyota's fresh initiative is a sign that it wont vanish without a fight.
Old 10th April 2006, 18:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Spotted three Camry's today. Two white and one black. Somehow, I really like this new look, but the rear isn't great. Took a pic of the two white ones each. Forgive the quality, took the pics in a hurry.

Old 10th April 2006, 18:17   #27
BHPian

saw a black one on the road today in delhi ... its looks stunning ... too bad the pricing is not competitive compared to the accord ... its just way to expensive in india ... its justifyied being around 10% more than the accord ... but for 19+ much ... its not in the same price league as the accord and therefore not direct competition with it either
Old 10th April 2006, 21:43   #28
BHPian

had seen the new Camry (3 of them)almost 2 months ago in Mumbai at the Marriot...did try to take pics but was refused to do so...
Old 10th April 2006, 21:54   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

i wonder why they still stuck with the old camry's alloys. The car can look so much better with a nice set of wheels.
Old 10th April 2006, 22:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

They've borrowed a Lexus rear and an Avalonian front end. Looks good, imho.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks