Team-BHP - Any plans for Swift 1.5L in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Any plans for Swift 1.5L in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11145-any-plans-swift-1-5l-india.html)

Hi everyone
I recently drove my friend's swift which he bought recently. And i am impressed. It is really sporty and looks great too. I havnt driven a car in India which is under lakhs and feels as good as swift. It is definitely goos value for money. The best thing i liked was the safety aspects. It has good EuroNCAP rating too.

But, during one of my trip abroad i saw swift with 1.5L engine.

Is there any plans from maruti to introduce 1.5L Swift in India? If so, when?

Not at the moment.

Only the 1.3 Diesel is on the way. :)

1.5L comes with VVTi and Maruti doesn't have that technology currently.
If they do start manufacturing it, initial price will be unrealistic. So it will be still some time before 1.5 makes its way in swift.

I am sure the 1.5L Swift is never going to make it here.

Reasons: -

1. High Price.

2. Maruti Doesnot have technology in India.

3. They dont need a much powerful engine in the Swift and when they feel they need to they will add the 1.6L (Baleno Engine)

P.S Its VVT and not VVTi. VVTi is a registered trademark of Toyota

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Not at the moment.

Only the 1.3 Diesel is on the way. :)

make that a FIAT 1.3l jtd diesel....which is compact and revvy and refined and silent and more importantly has oodles of torque for you to bask in that wonderful suspension...and great driving position....only they must keep the price within respectable limits.....the it is SURELY an indica (v2 or xeta....who cares, all of them stink!!!!!!) killer!

I have heard from some one that they will put baleno engine in it and further increase the efficency by some part like they have done with the esteem engine (85 - 87 bp) . Also I own a Swift

nope, no 1.5, but the 1.6 IS on the cards, alongwith the 1.3 JTD. dunno the exact launch dates, but the the diesel is expected sometime late this year, with the petrol 1.6 twin cam coming in a little later; grapevine has it that the 1.6 engine COULD make it's first appearance in the baleno itslef, or the new "sedan" that maruti is coming out with...

I heard that the diesel does not have a sporty nature of the petrol swift.
There was even a test drive in top gear magazine. They gave it (8/20).

I am seriously thinking about getting a swift for myself.
Though it has enough power for a premium hatch, i would like to have something more.
Can swift be tuned for more power?
Anyone knows who does it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxx (Post 188704)
Hi everyone
I recently drove my friend's swift which he bought recently. And i am impressed. It is really sporty and looks great too. I havnt driven a car in India which is under lakhs and feels as good as swift. It is definitely goos value for money. The best thing i liked was the safety aspects. It has good EuroNCAP rating too.

But, during one of my trip abroad i saw swift with 1.5L engine.

Is there any plans from maruti to introduce 1.5L Swift in India? If so, when?

hi
this is narry i live in china
i have driven 1.5 swift in china
trust me the deisel swift is much much better
compared to 1.5 swift
only other swift i like was 1.6 made in japan suzuki swift sport
beleive the india swift 1.3 diesel is really good car
narry

Note from Mod : Old thread, irrelevant today, hence closing.