Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 23:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240
Sent my brio for service today and the dealer staff was in some training / video presentation of the new upgraded Honda City is what the service manager said,
Interesting! I dont understand why Honda is even launching a new product when they cannot fulfill the demand. There would just be more disgruntled customers with very long waiting lists. Why cant they just launch when they know they dont have supply issues?
Old 25th November 2011, 23:46   #17
BHPian

Re: Economic Times: Honda stops production of City, Brio to be next

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Interesting! I dont understand why Honda is even launching a new product when they cannot fulfill the demand.
There is news that the China is being explored for supply. But, what a quature of lity difference would be China <-> Japan! The new City is also planned to have a higher level of localization, so may be a mixture of these could lead to Honda being able to produce better number.
Old 26th November 2011, 00:54   #18
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The situation for Honda could not have been worse. First the competition (Vento+new Verna), then biting the bullet in terms of price corrections on 2 models, then Japan issue, Thailand issue and on top of that Indian market is moving away from petrol vehicles and postponing buying decisions because of adverse economic conditions.
Hope the situations improves soon.
Old 26th November 2011, 01:19   #19
Team-BHP Support

I don't want to sound like a fan-boy, but I believe that hardship brings the best out of someone. And Honda needs to steady the ship. Hopefully, such issues will not affect the morale of the company and they will strive to give us the best that they can engineer.

The Brio is the silver lining in the sky, IMO. 2012 will be a crucial year for the Japanese giant.

This is disappointing for me. I was really looking forward to bring the Brio home. I guess I'll have to wait.
Old 26th November 2011, 03:22   #20
BHPian

We are one of the few who got hit by this news. We were expecting the delivery of our brio this week itself.
And then i got a call from the dealer yesterday stating that the delivery of our brio had been delayed till February 2012 !!
According to him the production of the brio has actually been temporarily stopped.

After a lot of brain storming my sis had finally decided to go for the brio and now we are back to square one :( More brain storming now ..

Last edited by Enigmatic : 26th November 2011 at 03:24.
Old 26th November 2011, 05:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

This will only make honda better manufacturer with more resilience then the rest. I admire them as a manufacturer and they are placed better then Toyota in many aspects (especially localization content).

I am sure they will recover from this soon and will build some quality products in future which are more tuned to customer quality and price needs.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 21:51   #22
Senior - BHPian

Well, If a manufacturer does not go in for localisation of production even after being in the country for over 10 years I don't have too much sympathy for them. Moreover, JIT supply chain will become a big liability at such times.
Old 26th November 2011, 22:57   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The trouble just never seems to end for Honda. First, the Vento & Verna beat the socks off the City. Next was the Japanese Earthquake tragedy. Then, petrol prices shot up exponentially. And now, the Thailand Floods.
I don't think the verna beat the socks off the city, maybe the combination of vento, verna etc. I agree with the imports though, Honda should have learnt their trade a long time back, seems like they were always looking to pack up & leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
But what i am wondering is why aren't these discounts applicable to CRV. Civic and Accord both have massive discounts and CRV none (in spite of it being a petrol).

The CRV is a direct import from Japan and hardly has any demand, but so is the Accord, I wonder why !!!!, maybe the accord is from Indonesia/Thailand ???
Old 26th November 2011, 23:23   #24
BHPian

Honda going thru the worst ever times in India. WIith product pricing already not going right, even supplies have got affected. I think they need a total revamp of operations in India.
Old 26th November 2011, 23:35   #25
BHPian

Relying on a single source / supplier for a large market like India is a case of bad business continuity planning by Honda. All this in spite of being a Japanese company. No one but themselves to blame! There are many examples of large companies going under the water just because they put all their eggs in one basket!

I hope they learn soon and bounce back quickly!
Old 27th November 2011, 00:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
well-priced Brio could have given Honda previously unseen volumes.
Actually, I got to see a Brio up close on the road today. Though it looked good and unique, it looked quite small. And besides, it has an almost non existent boot space, something people on that segment badly want.
Old 27th November 2011, 00:16   #27
BHPian

well pls excuse my ignorance.. any chance of delayed launch of the new city?? called up hallmark they arent taking new bookings
Old 27th November 2011, 00:24   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
But what i am wondering is why aren't these discounts applicable to CRV.
May be because it's a CBU and are imported only based on orders? This makes sure they don't have any un-sold pieces lying in the stock yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Interesting! I dont understand why Honda is even launching a new product when they cannot fulfill the demand. There would just be more disgruntled customers with very long waiting lists. Why cant they just launch when they know they dont have supply issues?
These issues which they are facing now are un-foreseen. Do you think Honda is stupid to launch Brio knowing that they can't deliver cars? They know very well that this is a make or break car for them in India.

And coming to waiting periods, don't we have more cars in the market with insane waiting periods?

Having said that, Honda should have gone an extra step and should have localized Brio to at least 90% is what I strongly believe. Can't help; but a GREAT opportunity lost.
Old 27th November 2011, 09:23   #29
Senior - BHPian

When a company, already handicapped by lack of diesels in its entire range is struggling and pulling up its socks, NATURE is going all guns against it to knock it down yet again? I feel very bad for Honda. What else can a company do? It is testing times for both Honda and their dealers, hope they would be back with a bang soon.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 27th November 2011 at 09:25.
Old 27th November 2011, 13:40   #30
Senior - BHPian

Brio deliveries should hopefully be normal from Feb 2012, depending on how it all pans out, and anyone here waiting for the brio, trust me wait for it unless its urgent and you are without a car or you must have a car ASAP, or else under normal conditions a wait for a month or two will truly make the wait worth it,

Have been driving it since over a month now and am loving it,

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks