Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2011, 20:40   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2012 Auto Expo - What to Expect?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Has anybody got any idea as to how to buy tickets? Do we just walk in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It was posted couple of pages back that the tickets are available ONLY in the counters - not via online.
In case you missed it.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...yshow-com.html
Old 27th December 2011, 19:02   #107
Senior - BHPian

Guys who have booked through Bookmyshow - I saw this clause - In case of Credit/Debit Card bookings the Credit/Debit Card and Card holder must be present at the ticket counter while collecting the ticket(s).

Does it mean - even after buying it online - we would still have to stand in the line to collect the tickets? (along with others who are buying off the counter?)
Old 28th December 2011, 15:01   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Guys who have booked through Bookmyshow - I saw this clause - In case of Credit/Debit Card bookings the Credit/Debit Card and Card holder must be present at the ticket counter while collecting the ticket(s).

Does it mean - even after buying it online - we would still have to stand in the line to collect the tickets? (along with others who are buying off the counter?)
Yes, you have to collect tickets from ticket counters at Pragati maidan.
Old 28th December 2011, 16:09   #109
BHPian

If we'd have to collect our tickets from the counters in any case, what would be the advantage of booking in advance, online? Is there a limited number of tickets available? Would there be a specific/shorter queue for the people who book in advance?
Old 28th December 2011, 18:14   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
If we'd have to collect our tickets from the counters in any case, what would be the advantage of booking in advance, online? Is there a limited number of tickets available? Would there be a specific/shorter queue for the people who book in advance?
Exactly my point! Whats different than standing in the line among the crowd - getting to the counter and showing them the booking id and they print tickets?

They should have Kiosks for electronic booking. Doesn't make sense to have an additional exercise of booking online and then standing in line for hours.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:23   #111
BHPian

even I brought online tickets. This doesn't make sense at all. By the way where would be parking facilities available during auto expo.
Old 28th December 2011, 19:33   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurja
even I brought online tickets. This doesn't make sense at all. By the way where would be parking facilities available during auto expo.
Take the metro to get off at Pragati Maidan. You will save a lot of effort and parking pain.
Old 28th December 2011, 22:01   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
Take the metro to get off at Pragati Maidan. You will save a lot of effort and parking pain.
Planning to take metro but I am concerned about mad rush in metro during auto expo.
Old 2nd January 2012, 13:33   #114
BHPian

The event is coming closer! Can't wait to see the new launches!
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:26   #115
BHPian

Tata nano diesel will not be displayed at the EXPO, it will be only Tata pixel. Tata spokesman told Business line. 800 cc diesel turbo charged will be launched next year 2013.
Source Business line.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

AS regards the Ford Ecosport, Auto expo will see the Global launch of the new gen Ecosport. The car displayed at Auto Expo will only be a mock up and not the actual car. The launch in India will be mid 2013. Alan Mullaly is coming down to New Delhi to launch it.
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:24   #117
BANNED

Picked up my online tickets earlier today, the transaction works in IE but not in Google Chrome!! In addition, the terms and conditions don't give a guarantee on admission so just get there early to do the exchange, hopefully the organisers will have separate counters for online booking printout holders.

The total number for safety and other reasons inside Pragati Maidan is capped at a lakh at any given time, of which almost half goes for organisers, support staff, VIPs, media, security etcetc. Which leaves about 50k people inside in the category "visitors". Do the maths - last Auto Expo 2010 there were 1.2 million visitors, this time the cap will be 3 lakh hopefuls.

Good or bad remains to be seen, but I guess the real enthusiasts may need to book online ASAP, despite all the odds against them. Remember, this is Delhi at its best and worst, where a Metallica concert becomes a riot but at the same time 2 million people a day on the Metro are the epitome of good behaviour. It all depends on the way the organisers communicate with the people, and on that, our grand old fuddy duddies at Auto Expo and ITPO are not at the best.

Matter of fact, if you are also on media mailers and invites, you will realise that the capabilities are already coming apart. I have received gentle hints from some participants on how inept the whole Auto Expo organisation is, and in one case - a clear indication that next time they will join FIAT and HM/Mitsubishi in staying away.

So, especially for out of towners, come to Delhi, stay anywhere which has a Metro link to Pragati Maidan, book your tickets in advance (no guarantees, remember??) and enjoy our lovely city . . . and take some time out to ride the Delhi Metro as well as our AirCon DTC buses!!
malq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:26   #118
Senior - BHPian

Do they also showcase boats with engine (speed boats, cruisers, cabin cruisers, yachts) at they auto expo? Not that I can buy them, but its just that I would love to see them because Ive always had an affinity for them.

So if they are showcasing, can the visiting members please take some photographs and post them in the relevant thread for guys like me who wont be able to make it.

Thanks and regards
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:58   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
AS regards the Ford Ecosport, Auto expo will see the Global launch of the new gen Ecosport. The car displayed at Auto Expo will only be a mock up and not the actual car. The launch in India will be mid 2013. Alan Mullaly is coming down to New Delhi to launch it.
Is that confirmed? If yes, then thats bad.
I was hoping, at least they would release by mid 2012 or third quarter (Very similar to Duster).
If not they are leaving quite a big market on the table, which potentially the Duster can capture.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd January 2012 at 15:16.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Ampere....

Pretty much confirmed, as per my source, who has been spot on till date on all things related to Ford
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks