Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2011, 22:44   #46
BHPian

Re: 2012 Auto Expo - What to Expect?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm really kicked about the following cars:
+1 man! Why doesn't Ford bring the Fiesta hatchback here, and soon!
I asked this so repeatedly enough to the Fiesta brand manager during DSFL program that anybody could get irritated. Yet, I only got the standard response of how thing needed to be planned. They have a missed opportunity here!

Also, does Team-BHP get press invites to the event? Are you looking for help to cover the event?
Old 1st December 2011, 10:12   #47
BHPian

Slightly off-topic! Does anyone know where to buy tickets to the Auto Expo 2012. I'm getting the delivery of my Classic 500 in less than a week's time and I intend to do the first long haul from Pune - Delhi and back on it. Information much appreciated.

On the AutoExpo website it says this:
"Entry to Auto Expo 2012 Strictly on Invitation/Tickets Only.
For details please revisit us by end of November 2011"

Last edited by wanderlustindia : 1st December 2011 at 10:16.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:20   #48
BHPian

Quote:

Maruti Suzuki Reveals Auto Expo Plan

The country’s largest passenger car maker, Maruti Suzuki has decided to venture into the sub 800cc segment. The company already has plans to showcase 2 such cars in this segment which are already operational in Japan at the upcoming 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. The 2 cars, the Pallete and the MR Wagon are powered by the smallest engines developed by Suzuki till date. Sources close to the development said that based on the consumer feedback at the Auto Expo, the company might come up with a production version of one or both the cars and launch them in the Indian market in the next 2 to 3 years. Both the models are powered by a 660cc petrol engine.

The decision to bring in these sub-800 cc models to the Indian market was triggered by the fact that the company is continuously losing its market share in the face of fierce competition. The company’s market share slid down to 38% in the month of October this year as compared to 45% in the same month last year. However, according to reports, Maruti’s best seller, the Alto will continue to be the entry-level car for the auto maker in India. These new cars will be positioned at par or above the price tag of Alto. Despite the fact that these will be powered by smaller engines as compared to the Alto, the cars will feature more interior space thanks to its improved height compared to the Alto. Also, additional features might be incorporated in the car to make it a good package. Apart from these, the company is also planning on showcasing many more models like its first MUV designed and developed by Maruti engineers with the help of Suzuki R&D, a concept compact SUV and also a compact MPV named as Ertiga. The Ertiga is going to come in both diesel and petrol options.
Source: motorbeam

Cheers!
Irish
Old 2nd December 2011, 10:53   #49
BHPian

Guys is there any news regarding i20 facelift ?
I searched through the net but couldn't get any clear cut news regarding the upgrade. Most the information available is more like speculation and some photoshopped images.
It looks like hyundai might adopt generic theme of fluidic lines it has incorporated in other cars.

Other than style change and refurbishment will there be any other improvement ?
Old 2nd December 2011, 16:37   #50
BHPian

I am really waiting for the Duster and now the EcoSport. Man these will surely change the way we drive - a suv for a price of premium hatch - mouth watering
Old 7th December 2011, 01:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustindia View Post
Slightly off-topic! Does anyone know where to buy tickets to the Auto Expo 2012. I'm getting the delivery of my Classic 500 in less than a week's time and I intend to do the first long haul from Pune - Delhi and back on it. Information much appreciated.

On the AutoExpo website it says this:
"Entry to Auto Expo 2012 Strictly on Invitation/Tickets Only.
For details please revisit us by end of November 2011"
On sending a mail regarding tickets, this is the response someone got ---> Kindly note there is no preregistration procedure this year. You may kindly purchase the tickets online, and check the website for the online tickets after 12th December 2011
I just booked my air tickets for the show
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2011, 10:34   #52
BHPian

This is a list of all the players in the Auto Expo 2012. Plenty of manufacturers not listed in the first post, more specifically in the two wheeler segment.

Auto-expo

Royal Enfield has a slot. Wonder if they're coming out with a new bike.
Old 15th December 2011, 13:07   #53
Team-BHP Support

The online ticket system, whatever it is, hasn't been activated yet. I had a look again on their website. Does anyone have any recent information on how and when we have to book the tickets for the expo? I've already booked the flight tickets last month
Old 15th December 2011, 13:23   #54
BHPian

If I heard it right, Fiat is not participating in the Auto Expo. So no 2012 Punto and Linea.
Old 15th December 2011, 14:49   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
If I heard it right, Fiat is not participating in the Auto Expo. So no 2012 Punto and Linea.
Well, participation in the Auto Expo is not necessary to launch an update right?

Check out this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...an-2012-a.html
Old 15th December 2011, 15:06   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
The online ticket system, whatever it is, hasn't been activated yet. I had a look again on their website. Does anyone have any recent information on how and when we have to book the tickets for the expo? I've already booked the flight tickets last month
I like your confidence I too am trying to get the tickets. Had mailed them asking how to get the tickets and still no reply! Waiting for a response from their side.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:53   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Hormazd tweets that HM-Mitsubishi has pulled out of the expo. So no Pajero Sport & Amby CS on display!
Old 15th December 2011, 16:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Participating in Auto Expo may not be economically feasible for companies like HM and FIAT India. I heard it is damn expensive!
Old 15th December 2011, 19:27   #59
BHPian

Guys what are Premium hours at Auto Expo?The website says premium hours begin from 10 AM to 3 PM.
Has anyone visited the expo during premium hours?Are there any benefits in visiting expo during this period.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 15th December 2011, 19:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, participation in the Auto Expo is not necessary to launch an update right?

Check out this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...an-2012-a.html
Ah, san I understood. I knew that they will be launched at a separate event

Looks like Fiat has already started to go away from Tata. Last time, they shared the same hall.
designersf is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks