Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 16:51   #61
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto

Isn't that car in the picture RHD? Then how can it be a JDM car?
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:02   #62
BHPian

Man o man is Maruti on a downward spiral on the design front! The does look like a cross between the A-Star and the WagonR. And with the Alto badge thrown into the pot. Is there nothing original or new on this car?

The last good-looking car from Maruti was the previous edition of the Swift. Ever since, their cars' (err.. how shall I put this delicately?) posterior seems to growing larger and larger. Even the new Swift is not spared from this.

But then, Maruti can bring in any old junk, slap the Maruti and Alto badge on it and advertise on the high mileage and just sit back and watch the cash registers ring. Sad, but true.
Old 3rd December 2011, 17:49   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DileepKS View Post
Isn't that car in the picture RHD? Then how can it be a JDM car?
Japanese also drive on the left side

Right- and left-hand traffic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 3rd December 2011, 19:58   #64
BHPian

Nice scoop! Looks similar to existing Maruti offerings. They need to really put forth an impressive design to make their presence felt.
Old 5th December 2011, 04:14   #65
BHPian

This is really disappointing. Maruti is taking its Automotive design to a new level - rock bottom!

Why don't they invest in their design department?
Old 5th December 2011, 06:54   #66
BHPian

^^ well said Sergai , was at tokyo auto show and saw below . some times i wonder if they have hired the animation crew of cars movies series

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-dscn0169.jpg
.sushilkumar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 12:24   #67
Senior - BHPian

^I like the looks of the green car above.
It gives a feeling that the car actually could start talking to you and I would surely love that.
Also the paint quality appears top-notch.

Do you have more pictures of this car?
Old 5th December 2011, 12:39   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
... was at tokyo auto show and saw below . some times i wonder if they have hired the animation crew of cars movies series

Atleast this photo shows that someone in the design department is daring to think different and new. Off late it looks like Maruti has been digging into old parts bin to come up with new cars.

That is not designing! Come on Maruti, when more than 50% of the car buying junta are putting thei faith in you, the least you can do when you launch a new car is to give the junta something that is actually NEW. What Maruti is doing now is akin to Frankenstein's monster. That is not what we want.

PS : Mods, I had typed out a reply earlier to this, but while submitting, the connection went out. Not sure if the earlier post got saved. If saved, please delete this post. Thanks.
Old 5th December 2011, 15:03   #69
BANNED

Source: http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/cars/m...ta-nano-52533/

"Maruti Suzuki will not launch the much hyped Tata Nano rivaling small cars. Still, there is fair chance that the ‘K’ cars will be showcased at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo. According to RC Bhargava, Chairman Maruti Suzuki, the cost of production of the new 660 cc small cars is too high which does not make them feasible for the segment. The price of the product would exceed customer expectations even with a smaller capacity engine. In fact the small capacity motor and a considerable high price might just play against the product hampering its success."

So, don't worry guys, those ugly Palette and MR Wagon will not be launched in India in the near future!

But this Regina will do another Swift for Suzuki. IMO, they now have to concentrate on small sedans with length 4 - 4.4m.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 5th December 2011 at 15:05.
Old 5th December 2011, 20:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
^^ well said Sergai , was at tokyo auto show and saw below . some times i wonder if they have hired the animation crew of cars movies series

Attachment 852097
Looks like this car is inspired by Angry Birds .

But frankly, I like the looks of this car.
Old 6th December 2011, 07:16   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Also the paint quality appears top-notch.

Do you have more pictures of this car?
Paint quality will be top notch, specially when u r showing it in auto expo. below are more which i took ..apologies for shaky pics , Being sunday, hall was filled with double the capacity crowd . couldn;t take any of rear profile due to crowd , who was ready to run over me in their eagerness to see this

Notice the wheel;s cover or alloys ( what ever ) in 3rd pic
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-dscn0170.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-dscn0171.jpg  

SCOOP Pics! New Maruti Suzuki hatchback spotted testing. Badged as Alto-dscn0172.jpg  

.sushilkumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 11:36   #72
Senior - BHPian

Wow! The green car loks good. Very retro! The rear wheels partly covered look good. There used to be some French cars in 70s/80s with this design quirk. But I like it. The headlights of this car look good, too. I think we saw these headlights on A-Star Concept-car, showcased in Delhi Trade Fair before its launch. Would love to see MUL launch current A-Star with these lights.
Old 6th December 2011, 11:45   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Japan is pre dominantly a RHD market but you are allowed to Run a LHD car as well. there is no restriction as such like india that it has to be RHD only. generally germans / european cars running here are in their original config .

Last edited by .sushilkumar : 6th December 2011 at 11:56.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:38   #74
BANNED

For me, this concept car looks like a curvy Swift. IMO, it has the potential to become another best seller hatch from Suzuki. At production stage, those covered rear tyres, white roofing etc will be going, and become more matured.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:18   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Front looks like A Star, back like a Wagon R and sides like an Eon. Could call it a "CONFUSEON" BY MARUTI.
Suzuki has to push a little more on the design department for their vehicles in India.

With Up, Volkswagen have proven that small cars need not necessarily look sad, as has been the case with Alto, Alto K10 and the most glaring example the A-star. Even the Hyundai Eon should be an eye opener for them.

I believe none of the scoop snaps in this thread have the ability to beat Eon/Up, howsoever competitive pricing or packaging Suzuki provides.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks