Team-BHP - Mahindra Virtual Experience Center
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra Virtual Experience Center (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/111639-mahindra-virtual-experience-center.html)

XUV 5OO, Dedicated Sales Managers, Dedicated Service Managers and now A Virtual Experience Center for Mahindra Vehicles.

Today, at Select City Walk, Saket saw a Mahindra Showroom on the 2nd Floor. Now that wasn't exactly a showroom considering the size, however it was definitely able to generate the curiosity to make me enter.

It was a Virtual Mahindra Experience Center. And, No it was not a promotional stall or something similar. It is a Complete Virtual Center i.e. a Proper Showroom without the actual vehicles on display. Not a temporary set up but a Real Company Outlet.

Couldn't click pictures or spend too much time inside.

The Mahindra Website does not say anything about any such experience zones yet. Has anyone else here also come across such a virtual experience center?

Another first from Mahindra and they are surely on the Rise. Great concept and a Great way to "Reach Out" to the customer.

What was the purpose of this center? what would they do there without the cars?

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit_2025 (Post 2591430)
A Virtual Experience Center for Mahindra Vehicles.

Quote:

It is a Complete Virtual Center i.e. a Proper Showroom without the actual vehicles on display.
Must be a genius who thought of this...just like a clothes showroom that doesn't have any clothes on display!!!

I'd like to go over and give them a "virtual experience" for a cheque and then, hopefully, they let me drive away in my "virtual XUV500".

Mahindra would do better by using the mall crowds to showcase an actual XUV...so many malls have cars on display near to the entrance. This "virtual experience" of theirs lacks the all-too-important touch & feel factor. Heck, what is the XUV500 website for anyways?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2591888)
Must be a genius who thought of this...just like a clothes showroom that doesn't have any clothes on display!!!

I'd like to go over and give them a "virtual experience" for a cheque and then, hopefully, they let me drive away in my "virtual XUV500".

Mahindra would do better by using the mall crowds to showcase an actual XUV...so many malls have cars on display near to the entrance. This "virtual experience" of theirs lacks the all-too-important touch & feel factor. Heck, what is the XUV500 website for anyways?

GTO - As much as I agree with you that there would rarely be a buyer who would finalize on a vehicle without a Test Drive.

However, a center like this would surely ensure that they can get the "Passive" buyer's attention. Obviously also ensures that can get the eyeballs rolling for a lot of people who do not perceive Mahindra as a Premium Brand.

They would capture leads and certainly arrange for test drives for potential customers. Also, saves them the Infrastructure cost of a 7-8k sq. ft. showroom.

If the virtual center is presenting content from the XUV site, its pretty much useless.

But the possibilities are endless if the right set brains are behind a virtual center. I mean, you can give a completely immersive experience to the visitor with a fantastic simulator which can present the interiors of the XUV and mimic the vehicle's behaviour virtually in response to the visitor fiddling with the controls. I would personally love to be in a driving simulator (instead of a actual car) when trying to negotiate a steep ascent or while swerving at 100+ speeds to avoid a obstacle. As I said, the possibilities are endless.

There are good bits and bad bits about this. It all depends on with what motto did Mahindra open these virtual experience center. Is it for brand building or is it for sales ?

Many schools of thought here.

School 1:
Build a brand awareness of Mahindra across masses and pave the way for better sales when Korando / Rexton (more upmarket / Fortuner competitor) models are launched.

School 2:
For someone who cannot afford / not planning to buy a mahindra right now, would not like to go to a showroom as he would be pestered with calls of "When you will book saar" etc. This center would help him understand the brand. He could look at videos / pamphlets / other aids that would make him happy with the treatment that "Mahindra" offers. His next car would be a mahindra with eyes closed. The disadvantage here is there is no actual display piece to show to the customer and impress him at a single go. If School 3 is what mahindra is targetting, then displaying everything is not practically feasible.

School 3:
This is to portray Mahindra's Entire Product Range in a single nutshell. The common man would know mahindra only for SUVs or say cars in general.
Experience center would maybe aimed at something like the below.

Think small car - Think sub 4 meter verito
Think sedan - Think Verito
Think Barebones SUV - Think bolero
Think Crossover - Think XUV
Think Hardcore off-roading - Think Thar
Think MUV - Think Xylo
and so on

Think 2 wheeler - Think Rodeo

Think Boat - Think Odyssea

Think passenger plane (Private use) - Think C-NM5/Airvan
Think Agricultural / water-tanker plane - Think GA200C

Think Milkman / Farm - Think Bolero Pikup
Think mini truck - Think Genio

Think Lifestyle - Think Getaway

How many would know that Mahindra has boats and planes on sale too ?
This would be aimed at people to make them think of Mahindra products whenever they would like to purchase something for their needs, be it a plane or a 2-wheeler.

Thoughts please if there are any other views.

This would be aimed at people to make them think of Mahindra products whenever they would like to purchase something for their needs, be it a plane or a 2-wheeler.

Very well said, it could be because we have not seen such kind of branding/advertising in India that we are not sure of the out come, but hey thats the whole point in creativity !! and as far as marketing teams are concerned I think there should'nt be any limits.

I would however request for some pictures please, it sounds really exciting !

Maybe we would take some time to sink in, but it looks like a fresh initiative for me. Looks like the Mahindra wants to rev up its image.. bravo !!

This is a snapshot of the sectors where Mahindra competes. This includes both Automobile and non-automobile sectors

Name:  mah.bmp
Views: 1566
Size:  388.3 KB

This is interesting. I had always associated Mahindras with tractors and UVs. Never knew they had presence in so many other things.

Also, although the original poster has NOT mentioned that the virtual center is specific to XUV5OO, the initial set of comments (including mine) have assumed that the virtual center is for XUV5OO and not the broader Mahindra.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweet_poison (Post 2592364)

I would however request for some pictures please, it sounds really exciting !

Sure. I was unable to click any the other day, however intend doing it the next time I visit the Mall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDP (Post 2592776)
This is interesting. I had always associated Mahindras with tractors and UVs. Never knew they had presence in so many other things.

I think this is exactly what they want to rectify with such centers - brand awareness.

I am super tempted to write about what this center is going to be. This is not what you think and this not to attract the passive buyer. If this works then this will be an amazing "industry first" for sure.

I know what this is. You will see more of these coming up.

A little more browsing and digging led me to the announcement that was made earlier this year

Mahindra and Cisco to Collaborate in Areas Such as Smart Cities, Virtual Dealership, Sports and Entertainment, and Cloud Services - The Network: Cisco's Technology News Site

This will be a virtual dealership where people can walk in and talk to experts over high definition video. Once you have all the info you need you can get a test drive in a vehicle of your choice (present at the location). This should improve the overall experience since you will be talking to the best people available at Mahindra. This could even bring down the cost of sales. If this works then this could mean bye bye to lousy sales experiences.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HKap (Post 2594635)
I know what this is.

Why not share,then?

@scropiobharath, interesting post there:)

@sachinj12: I wasn't sure if this was supposed to be public information. Now that there is some public info that I could find I have posted a few details around it.