Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2014, 07:22   #76
BHPian

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...cle5512678.ece

So mitsu cannot buy the chennai plant. There is a rumor that mitsu will set up a new plant along with Isuzu in which they hold a stake.
Old 8th January 2014, 15:33   #77
BHPian

Re: How long before Mitsubishi India shuts shop!!

So HM puts the plant on Sale !
http://indianautosblog.com/2014/01/h...nt-sale-111521
Quote:
Troubled Indian car maker Hindustan Motors is considering putting its Tiruvallur factory up for sale for an amount of Rs 150 Crore and its Japanese business partner Mitsubishi Motors isn’t interested in acquiring the property. The Tiruvallur factory, at present, assembles the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport SUV for the Indian market, along with the Isuzu MU-7 SUV.
Old 31st December 2021, 15:19   #78
BHPian

All,

I understand this is an old thread. But the feeling is same though. I had been driving a Cedia sports for last 7 years or so. Finally decided to go for an update and ( apparently ) woke up to find out Mitsubishi India is in shambles. I found a used Pajero and test drove etc. Just thought of finding out how the new one feels like. So tried to call up the SVR Motors here in Bangalore for a test-drive. Only to find out they had shut shop ( sales ) some time back. The website lists many numbers and they are all owned by different people now who has nothing to do with SVR or Mitsubishi. Mitsubishi website seems the last update it saw is probably in 2017. Nothing works on that anymore!

some digging around, I called up the service centre and talked to the service centre which usually take care of my Cedia. To make it short, there is no new vehicle sale by Mitsubishi anymore in India. They seems to be working on some BS6 models, but no ETA known and nothing is for sure. There is no way to assume things will be OK for Mitsubishi India anymore. What a pity! I won't pursue the Pajero anymore! ( though it was always my dream SUV ). I just can't afford to invest lot of money on a car ( which would be my only car ) without a few years of visibility. Even with Cedia, part availability is always a worry. Sometimes, you have to wait more than couple of weeks to get the parts. Every service is a 2-3 day affair. We are really at the mercy of the service centre. I don't want to be in the same soup with a ~20L car.

Mitsubishi Cars grows on you over time. They lack gadgets, but I never had single time (touch wood) where it gave me trouble on the road. It's such a pity they don't continue in India.

cheers
Ranger747 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 01:26   #79
BHPian

Wow it's only when this thread popped up in the Indian Car Scene section that I was reminded Mitsubishi were still alive in India. I thought they had long shut shop here. They are never going to get volumes here nor are they going to make some good money off high value products even with low volumes, like Toyota are doing with the Fortuner and Crysta. So what is the point in flogging this dead horse, just pack up and go like Ford, leaving a service wing to take care of reasonably new customer vehicles.

Last edited by SaiSW : 1st January 2022 at 01:28.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 08:38   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Mitsubishi to enter Indian car sales market this summer with over 30% stake in TVS Mobility

Mitsubishi will make its debut in India's car sale market this summer with a 30 percent in TVS Mobility which operates dealerships in the country.

Quote:
The investment, expected to be between 5 billion to 10 billion yen ($33 million to $66 million), is subject to regulatory approvals.
Mitsubishi plans to dispatch its employees to the dealership after the investment is finalised, further noted the report.

The new company will create dedicated showrooms for each car brand, utilising TVS Mobility's 150 existing outlets.

Initially, the emphasis will be on boosting sales of Honda cars, which are already in TVS's lineup, as per the report. Mitsubishi will spearhead discussions with Japanese automakers to enhance the range of Japanese car brands and models offered.
Quote:
The dealership will offer electric vehicles (EVs) as part of its lineup, with Mitsubishi aiming to promote the wider adoption of EVs in India. The company also plans to introduce new services, such as enabling customers to schedule maintenance appointments and purchase insurance through a smartphone app, to enhance the customer experience and boost sales in the competitive Indian market.

Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 19th February 2024 at 08:41.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 09:00   #81
Senior - BHPian

So, they will not be selling Mitsubishi cars, but be a dealer partner for other brands? Why not leverage the association with Renault-Nissan and launch Xpander and other models which are doing well!
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 09:07   #82
Senior - BHPian

Good news and I had mentioned in a related thread about Mitsubishi having the most potential for a successful journey in India owing to their product portfolio.

Let's see how this goes and I hope they don't compromise on the desirability factor in pursuit of low costs.
Old 19th February 2024, 09:11   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS is about the right partner for Mitsubishi. They have more than proved themselves in every other auto business vertical. Hope Mitsubishi comes in big time in alliance with TVS just like what Toyota has done with Kirloskar.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 11:30   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
So, they will not be selling Mitsubishi cars, but be a dealer partner for other brands? Why not leverage the association with Renault-Nissan and launch Xpander and other models which are doing well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
TVS is about the right partner for Mitsubishi. They have more than proved themselves in every other auto business vertical. Hope Mitsubishi comes in big time in alliance with TVS just like what Toyota has done with Kirloskar.
When they are already a part of the Renault-Nissan alliance, why will they need another partner and divulge their profits? As @amtak said, They can use their current products like Mirage, Xpander, XForce etc, localise them on the new India specific platform and lauch them in the local markets. They can also share the same parts and engine and this way, they can launch products quickly and cheaper.

Later they can use a common SUV platform with engine sharing to launch new SUVs like Pajero, Outlander and Patrol and another MPV for the Indian market.
Old 19th February 2024, 11:42   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mitsubishi to enter Indian car sales market this summer with over 30% stake in TVS Mobility

Mitsubishi will make its debut in India's car sale market this summer with a 30 percent in TVS Mobility which operates dealerships in the country.

Link:
Chill out guys, slightly misleading, but this is Mitsubishi Corporation which is entirely different entity from Mitsubishi Motors.

This is just another corporate investment in India, but have no relation to Mitsu motors or its launch.
starke is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 14:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
This is just another corporate investment in India, but have no relation to Mitsu motors or its launch.
If I’m not mistaken, TVS Mobility owns substantial prime real estate in many cities and most of their showrooms and service outlets are their own premises. However, these are mostly old buildings.

The investment may take leverage of this factor also. Maybe they’ll pull down the eyesore landmarks and redevelop the sites with sleek, multifunctional buildings.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks