Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2013, 15:58   #46
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
I am using Autocop Track Pro since one year. I consider it as the best VFM product since tracking is entirely free, no website charges etc.
Hi amit_mechengg, could you share more details please?

Things like how much it cost, the tracking technology used (GPS/GSM/GPRS), how to track the vehicle (SMS, website, app), whether it has a backup battery etc.

From my experience, Autocop remote locking is very reliable and this product interests me. Thanks!

Last edited by RSR : 17th November 2013 at 15:59.
Old 9th February 2014, 20:38   #47
BHPian

GPS system you can intall

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009ZCCZV6

It costs only £27.49.

You can rig it to cut off the fuel pump or electic oil pump in an modern car if that stops the car electrically. It will send you an SMS if the car is turned on or makes a turn. The SMS will tell you the Lat and Long as well as cell phone tower info. Can see it on Google earth or other map system or their system.
jimmywalter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 11:45   #48

Re: GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

I am using MegaTracker in my XUV which is really good i am able to view clearly through internet current location as well previous driven locations on providing the exact date & time.

its really use after the trip if i did any mistakes in taking longer routes so that next time i can always look for the shortest routes & my vehicle is protected by theft.
Attached Thumbnails
GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-megatracker.png  

cmiuc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th August 2014, 13:41   #49

Tracking Device/System for Motorcycles in India

Hello Team,

Could you be kind enough to advice on Motorcycle Tracking Devices/systems available in India??

Which are most famous and reliable....

Thanks in advance

Regards,
H
Old 20th August 2014, 19:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tracking Device/System for Motorcycles in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesbee View Post
Hello Team,

Could you be kind enough to advice on Motorcycle Tracking Devices/systems available in India??

Which are most famous and reliable....

Thanks in advance

Regards,
H
There arent specific bike tracking devices in India. the best way is to import one or alternatively, you could install a car tacker in a bike. The simplest way is that google lattitude on an android phone but if you are looking for telematics, I dont think its available.

The challenges you would face are two - Wire splitting as there are no bike specific kits available and secondly, there are only a finite number "hidden" places on the bike.

One thing that i am not sure if the ECU of the bike can be disabled by the device, similar to what it does in a car.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 21:01   #51

GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

Dear Friends
I have recently bought a New Honda city. Its 2 weeks old approximately. Will be writing the initial ownership reviews in some time from now.

Just wanted the interested people to know that i am in Coimbatore presently and I got a call from the Vazhikatti guys today following my online query for such systems on Just Dial( in fact only two people responded).

The people have been prompt enough to even send the demo technical guy over to my place which is quite far away from the city and he explained everything and on the net through his website login. It was quite informative. I intend installing it and have given the go ahead for him to procure it and install it by tomorrow. He says that it will not entail cutting of any wires and he shall speak to his most experienced electrician. Hope it can be done.
I shall update on the same as soon as it is fixed and let the members know its performance.
noddy308 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 21:38   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiuc View Post
I am using MegaTracker in my XUV which is really good i am able to view clearly through internet
Could you please share details about the tracker. How difficult is installation from wiring point of view.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2014, 22:43   #53
BHPian

There are GPS trackers for bikes specially. They only upload AGPS or GPS data whichever is applicable. They have no battery and works on bike battery only. They are very very small, size of matchbox.

For Car, you can get multiple types of trackers, some only GPS, some GPS and OBD info also uploaded to server (even with DTC errors). Only GPS are mostly free, however complex ones have online platform/android/iOS app fees to pay yearly.

For cars/bikes which are stolen, first 2hrs are very important, then GOD help..

Please PM me if you need more info.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 11:26   #54
BHPian

For those interested in Vehicle Tracking.
Autocop is buying back existing remote locking (any brand) and selling Remote Lock + GPS tracking. Cost is 5.5k / 6.5K based on model selected. First 15 months free usage and after that need to recharge for 1.5k per year. After 15 months you can still use remote locking and later recharge when live tracking is needed.
For contact details lookup autocoptrackpro.com
gypsyFreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2014, 19:44   #55
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
For those interested in Vehicle Tracking.
Autocop is buying back existing remote locking (any brand) and selling Remote Lock + GPS tracking. Cost is 5.5k / 6.5K based on model selected. First 15 months free usage and after that need to recharge for 1.5k per year. After 15 months you can still use remote locking and later recharge when live tracking is needed.
For contact details lookup autocoptrackpro.com
Thank you for sharing this news!

This looks very promising indeed. It good that they have adopted a pre-paid subscription model, which leaves one with a free functional basic remote locking system that one can upgrade to a paid GPS tracking system whenever required.

The only worry with this kind of system is that the GPS tracking may also get de-activated if the crooked thieves bypass the remote locking system (which is not difficult to do). I hope the GPS tracking unit comes with an in-built back-up battery that helps it to function even when the remote locking unit is disabled.

Last edited by RSR : 10th November 2014 at 19:48.
Old 10th November 2014, 21:30   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
I hope the GPS tracking unit comes with an in-built back-up battery that helps it to function even when the remote locking unit is disabled.
Most vehicle systems are connected to system battery. IF the same power supply which goes to the car security system goes to this system also, then you cannot track the vehicle.
The best is to go for a dedicated system.

If you want "live tracking on a webpage" kind of stuff, of course you have to look for service providers, but if you are okay with simple tracking, which will tell you where you vehicle is by SMS you google map link, this is what you do.

Once upon a time, many many moons ago, I decided to get into the business of GPS trackers. However, I realized, Autocop etc., will simply kill me, and the support headache is well, a headache. However I was able to setup a server, and find out the gems from the pile of rubbish, and also I set up a VPS running a traccar client doing live tracking. But I digress.

So
Buy a 30-35$ GPS tracker. I recommend anything from Shenzhen Concox. 30$ base model is good
Insert a prepaid sim car after activation.
Hide it inside vehicle. Works behind metal penals too, and route power supply from any existing connection. Running extra wire from battery is stupid

So you are done.
You send SMS to the phone number to train it and register some numbers using default password 0000 or 1234 etc.,

Then whenever you need a google maps location, you send SMS and it send SMS back.

Recharge it with 50rs every month to maintain validity.
That's about it.

Nothing fancy, but if your car gets stolen, you just send a SMS. Done!
tsk1979 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 17:24   #57
BHPian

Bought GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

as always Team-Bhp already knows what you come to post here.

I recently bought 2 GPS trackers from eBay India, I called and had good detailed phone conversation before I decided to buy those units.
(I am not affiliated to seller, but a good person deserves a mention)

One was Rs.2999/- while other was Rs.2699/-
The Rs.2999/- one has a SOS button and Ability to start a Two Way communication via phone call, which I don't think is a necessity as I would not like to talk to a thief and tell him that I have a device installed, same with the SOS switch, if that's located the Device would be certainly turned off so I feel having it as discreet as possible is the way to go.
Fuel Cut option is available on both and I've tested it, it works like a charm.

its a fair price for the facilities you get, may appear little expensive to those who are lucky getting stuff delivered to their doorstep by Aliexpress but IMHO its worth the premium buying from Indian Seller itself.

Now about the product, they looked compact and came with wiring harness and understandable instructions.

Inserted a Pre-paid SIM and topped it up with a SMS Pack and a small GPRS Pack and I was able to configure it via SMS and web interface.
I've not checked amount of data consumed in Live tracking so one can either top it up with some balance for GPRS usage or get a small 2G netpack when your car is out on the wild wild roads.

As per TRAI operator is bound to keep your SIM Active if you spend minimum of Rs.200 in 6 months so monthly operating cost for this device on pre-paid comes down to Rs.33.33/-

Good thing about both unit was, it came compatible with browser based as well as Android App which I got from play-store directly.

Pics are attached and a intro video done by me.
I've not yet installed them but would be doing so in a day or two and would be posting a Install video too, one would go in swift dzire and other in my Santro.
I am sure people here would be delighted with my upcoming videos.

Rs.2699 one
GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-gps_tbhph.jpg

Rs.2999 one, includes a microphone and SOS button with callback function.
GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices-gps_tbhp1.jpg

My intro video

Last edited by ghpk : 22nd January 2015 at 17:28.
ghpk is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 21:18   #58
Senior - BHPian

So I have been using Autocop trackpro for a year now. Saw it on sale at a Reliance autozone and picked it up. There was a SIM inside but it was expired when checked by the autocop technician who came for installation. After a few calls with autocop and providing documents like ID proof, RC copy etc, I got a new SIM and the device has been working fine since.

Now, I got a message from Autocop that the SIM is about to expire and I need to contact their customer care. On contacting, I am asked to pay Rs. 1500 along with all the documents again. Now, this is a bummer. I don't mind paying the fee but submitting the documents every time you need to recharge is a hassle.

I knew the SIM was from Airtel and decided to check with them directly. Turns out, it is a Kolkata SIM. Moreover, it is a postpaid SIM and the bill apparently goes to Autocop every month. And I can't get a copy of the bill either since it belongs to some corporate plan and the bill can only be sent to the company :(

Here are some concerns I have now.
1. Why would Autocop get a Kolkata SIM for a vehicle registered in Bangalore?
2. How can Airtel issue a SIM form Kolkata for documents with Bangalore address?
3. Why am I asked to pay upfront for a postpaid plan?

I have to check if I can replace it with my SIM and see if the device works as usual. Else, I am bonded to Autocop.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:51   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Jaguar, I also have an Autocoptrackpro module in my chauffeur driven Polo and had to submit my documents again for KYC and paid roughly 1,200 when the renewal came up around 6 months ago.

Agree the documents were a pain but an overall very happy with their service. Minimal downtime, no maintenance needed at all and pretty accurate tracking.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2015, 02:19   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Now, I got a message from Autocop that the SIM is about to expire and I need to contact their customer care. On contacting, I am asked to pay Rs. 1500 along with all the documents again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I also have an Autocoptrackpro module in my chauffeur driven Polo and had to submit my documents again for KYC and paid roughly 1,200 when the renewal came up around 6 months ago.
Pardon my ignorance - but does this mean that we need to pay an amount (1200 / 1500) every 6 months when the SIM is up for renewal? Isn't that a huge running expense?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks