Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2015, 12:09   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigkey View Post
Pardon my ignorance - but does this mean that we need to pay an amount (1200 / 1500) every 6 months when the SIM is up for renewal? Isn't that a huge running expense?
1500 is not for 6 months. I need to confirm if it is for a year or 15 months though. Yes, the expense is on the higher side and that was the reason why I thought of using my own prepaid SIM with a better plan. Have to check whether that will work or not.
Old 4th June 2015, 12:16   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

My two bits is that frankly 100 bucks per month (I think my 1.2k was for 12 months upfront payment) is a pittance to know 24x7 where my vehicle is. The geo-fencing and individual route demarcations facilities are especially useful and I use it extensively.

Think about it, I easily pay out 100 bucks+ as tips after a good meal or to a scruffy auto driver when the actual fare would be 1/2.

Matter of perspective I think. Plus the KYC documentation etc. I can barely manage to meet my family's multiple Airtel postpaid connections documentation, leave alone a prepaid one!
Old 11th October 2015, 22:33   #63
BHPian

Re: Bought GPS-tracking Anti-Theft Devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
as always Team-Bhp already knows what you come to post here.

I recently bought 2 GPS trackers from eBay India, I called and had good detailed phone conversation before I decided to buy those units.
(I am not affiliated to seller, but a good person deserves a mention)
Please do share your experience after installation of both these units.

Last edited by moralfibre : 12th October 2015 at 10:44. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
e-katz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2015, 01:00   #64
BHPian

E-Katz, device is now around 6+ months in my car, never failed till date.

There are two options, either do a 2G Data Recharge, or put some money as Talktime topup, both ways device is able to update location on PC browser based interface or on Android App.

I've recently moved to NCR and I never felt nervous about car parked outside office or my apartment.

Device consumption of data is quite low, sometimes even a Rs.10 topup works for 2 weeks, sometimes its not enough for a week, may be depends on how frequently update is sent to the server.

if you have any specific question please let me know.

Yet to process the installation video :-(
ghpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2015, 10:19   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
E-Katz, device is now around 6+ months in my car, never failed till date.

if you have any specific question please let me know.

Yet to process the installation video :-(
if you have the link to the product website, kindly share it please. I googled it, but couldn't locate it.
Old 16th October 2015, 20:46   #66
BHPian

My friend got a new car to rent it in uber with his own driver. He is now searching for a GPS tracking device which can track it online and live and if possible a device which can monitor fuel tank. He is skeptical that the driver may not fill in the fuel for which he will be claiming the bills.

Thanks.
Old 30th October 2015, 15:28   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
He is skeptical that the driver may not fill in the fuel for which he will be claiming the bills.

Thanks.
He can probably use a fuel card like the one provided by HP - www.drivetrackplus.com
Old 30th October 2015, 16:18   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
He can probably use a fuel card like the one provided by HP - www.drivetrackplus.com
Not fool proof. Have observed several pumps attendants give drivers "cash back" by filling lesser fuel than the amount charged on the card. Some kind of ECU based data logger which can log actual fuel consumption might be a better option.
Old 30th October 2015, 16:49   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackedHead View Post
Not fool proof. Have observed several pumps attendants give drivers "cash back" by filling lesser fuel than the amount charged on the card. Some kind of ECU based data logger which can log actual fuel consumption might be a better option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Even I have same feeling he can easily bribe the attendant. Is there is no device which can fit my requirements? Even if not the petrol atleast basic tracking.
Old 30th October 2015, 17:24   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Even I have same feeling he can easily bribe the attendant. Is there is no device which can fit my requirements? Even if not the petrol atleast basic tracking.
If he is really paranoid, he can fill it up every morning and handover to the driver. Assuming a 40L diesel tank and a FE of say 18kmpl, it will easily give a range of 500+ km. I doubt any intra-city cab will run for more than that in a day. The daily fill can be tweaked based on the usage pattern - fill, say 20L, every morning, if the car does only about ~300 kms a day.

Daily run can easily be tracked through any of the GPS security systems.

But even this is not fool proof. Best solution would be to find a trustworthy driver.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 00:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
if you have the link to the product website, kindly share it please. I googled it, but couldn't locate it.
I see a listing on ebay India
http://www.ebay.in/itm/TK06A-Realtim...0AAOSw5VFWGM00

if you want, I can share the seller's phone number, I think this listing is also from the same guy whom I bought from.
please PM me if you need his phone number.
ghpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 14:39   #72
BHPian

Friends, how about the device provided by http://www.fastrackerz.com/ ?
Has anybody used them? Any reviews?
Old 12th May 2016, 08:21   #73
BHPian

Something strange with Autocop Trackpro : If you have more than one cars equipped with different models of autocop trackpro (say one car having TP-1000 and the other TP-2000), you can't track both on same computer or mobile phone.

One need to buy same model numbers of autocop trackpro to track multiple cars with the same laptop or mobile phone.

I already had TP-1000 on my Innova but came to know of this after installing another TP-2000 on my new i20 Active.

Of course, 'the most unhelpful' Autocop 'helpline' blamed the accessory dealer for not informing me that i would need two laptops/phones to track two cars with different model numbers of trackpro.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 12th May 2016 at 08:22.
Old 12th May 2016, 16:01   #74
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Following may be a better option as the Concox website has firmware for downloads.
I was tempted, but did not buy as it involves connection to ignition for remote fuel cut off etc, which Iam not comfortable with, as my car is still under comprehensive warranty

http://www.flipkart.com/concox-wetra...er=from-search
Old 12th May 2016, 22:55   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Something strange with Autocop Trackpro : If you have more than one cars equipped with different models of autocop trackpro (say one car having TP-1000 and the other TP-2000), you can't track both on same computer or mobile phone.

One need to buy same model numbers of autocop trackpro to track multiple cars with the same laptop or mobile phone.

I already had TP-1000 on my Innova but came to know of this after installing another TP-2000 on my new i20 Active.

Of course, 'the most unhelpful' Autocop 'helpline' blamed the accessory dealer for not informing me that i would need two laptops/phones to track two cars with different model numbers of trackpro.
Are you not able to login to the different accounts even using the browser?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks