Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2012, 02:18   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
OK Guys I am in a dilema - I am out to buy a new car and my heart says Aria but my mind says a sedan like the Linea or Vento. I am not able to decide. And reading comments of Indian21R - Aria has reliability issues. I do long distances in my Punto so I need a car which will help me on long distances and should be reliable too. Please suggest. Aria seems to be a good bet, though I am not very sure after reading comments here.
Do you really need an muv?will there be frequent 5+ passengers?
Old 10th March 2012, 02:22   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluengel180 View Post
Do you really need an muv?will there be frequent 5+ passengers?
No Bluengel180: most of the time its me alone.

But I do plan a long distance trip once every 2 months and by long distance I mean at least a 1000k one way. In fact I am planning a trip to Nagpur in the month of May. On one of these trips, I have my entire family with me - 2 kids, parents and wifey.

But yeah everyday car to office - I will be alone in the car.
Old 10th March 2012, 02:31   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
No Bluengel180: most of the time its me alone.

But I do plan a long distance trip once every 2 months and by long distance I mean at least a 1000k one way. In fact I am planning a trip to Nagpur in the month of May. On one of these trips, I have my entire family with me - 2 kids, parents and wifey.

But yeah everyday car to office - I will be alone in the car.
Go through the reviews,not many aria's on TBHP right now but the reviews are mixed.on the reliability front we have a one or two horrible experiences which i hope are one-off incidents .

Anyway the aria new generation vehicle.comparable to competion above its price point.I know people who own one and i haven't heard any negative reviews from them so far.

Anyway it really boils down to your usage. do you want to drive around an aria to work everyday?not that it doesn't move right but a sedan which be much more maneuverable in the city and will be a better bet if you drive alone most of the time.
Old 10th March 2012, 09:03   #154
BHPian

Kailash, I would recommend to avoid going for the Aria if you have the budget try to get a XUV500. I have spent considerable time in the last one week at Tata dealerships and yards in Bangalore.The production for this car has been stopped and the dealer himself did not have a single car in the yard. In spite of discounts the car is not sell and the engine is underpowered. The dealer himself said not to go for this car as its a flop model and better to go for Safari or XVU500. Also its too heavy and built like a tank but the engine struggles to do duty.

My above inputs are just to guide you in making the right decision. I don't have anything against Tata. I have myself booked a Vista from the same dealer.
Dushie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 14:34   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushie View Post
Kailash, I would recommend to avoid going for the Aria if you have the budget try to get a XUV500. I have spent considerable time in the last one week at Tata dealerships and yards in Bangalore.The production for this car has been stopped and the dealer himself did not have a single car in the yard. In spite of discounts the car is not sell and the engine is underpowered. The dealer himself said not to go for this car as its a flop model and better to go for Safari or XVU500. Also its too heavy and built like a tank but the engine struggles to do duty.

My above inputs are just to guide you in making the right decision. I don't have anything against Tata. I have myself booked a Vista from the same dealer.
Based on the weight of the Aria (4x2), and engine power/torque figures, I don't think this is at all true. Your spending time in the yard doesn't say anything aout the drivability of the vehicle.

The Aria being built like a tank is a good thing, and not a negative as construed in your comments.

I'm pretty sure that the production of the Aria has not stopped, and so your comments do not seem to be entirely unbiased.

A colleague of mine recently test drove both vehicles (Aria and XUV), and felt that the Aria feels huge, while the XUV felt more car like or manageable. Based on his perception, he has decided to purchase the XUV (and was luckily one of those shortlisted during the lottery last month).

The point is that anyone interested in the vehicle should TD it as well as alternative options, and then decide. Reliability is not apparently the forte of Tata, but it appears that they are willing to fix issues reported without much fuss. So if one likes the car, and is prepared to work with TASS initially then go for it.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2012, 19:03   #156
BHPian

Well i leave it upto Kailash, whatever inputs i have given our based on my interaction with dealers from Concorde & Prerna . I have visited their yards also in Sarjapur & neelmangala in the last one week.

The risk involved here is buying a car that is not selling in spite of huge discounts.
Also resale would be low. How long they would continue to sell this model is also a big ? Same questions may come up regarding after sales service and part availability in the longer run.

Also once you visit couple of dealers and talk to sales rep and then visit the yards , if you look around you will be able to notice what stock of cars they have and what is fast moving & selling ?

Also in front of me the sales guys did get couple of calls for Aria and they were pushing the Safari. The sales guy himself said that the car is not selling and volumes are low.But if you are really interested i am sure they would show interest.

I have nothing against the Aria its a solid build and very heavy vehicle. I would not speak on drive ability as i did not test drive the car.

But consider all the factors around it and then take a call. The only reason i responded to this thread was to help and share the latest information that i got.

Best of luck in your search for the new car.
Old 10th March 2012, 20:53   #157
mxx
BHPian

I have driven the 4x4 aria, and it is in no way sluggish. The 4x2 being lighter will be quicker.

XUV maybe more car like and stuff, but you cant just buy if you want one. If you try your luck in the draw, who knows when you will get one.

Quote:

Also in front of me the sales guys did get couple of calls for Aria and they were pushing the Safari. The sales guy himself said that the car is not selling and volumes are low.But if you are really interested i am sure they would show interest.
Even otherwise there is a huge push for the safari, probably gearing up for the storme. Aria production is not stopped or going to be stopped soon, but they need to clear out the current safari stocks before storme delivery starts.
Old 11th March 2012, 08:27   #158

I believe the situation differs from one city to another: In the NCR, most dealerships would push the Aria and the stockyard in most places would have a substantial number of Aria vehicles, largely of 2012 make.

I bought the Aria last week, a silver-colored Pleasure 4X2. At the risk of sounding hackneyed, it has, indeed, been a pleasure. To be honest, I test-drove the Safari, the Endeavor, the Aria, the Innova, and the Scorpio, over the past four months, and using my past credentials (I am a former financial journalist), I took the cars out for fairly long stretches. They were not endurance runs, but suffice to say that the runs were sufficiently long to aid my decison-making. And, I did that repeatedly, over 12 weekends, at various NCR dealerships. I had to, because I drive long distances a lot, often doing DEL-BOM, DEL-CCU, and BOM-CCU. On the 15th, I am taking the new Aria on the DEL-IDR-UDR-DEL circuit: Therefore, I needed a car that is sturdy and comfortable on these long drives.

Now, of the lot, the Endeavour is a class apart (I am a very happy Ford owner anyway), and I had to cross it out because of my state of relative poverty! Of the rest, the Aria stood out head and shoulders above the rest. My only worry were experiences about the niggles, and that caused me to question whether I might take the Safari. But I decided to brace myself for a few trips to the service center, if need be, for the Aria that offered immesuarably superior ride quality compared with what the top-end Safari did. Touch wood, I have not had to go to the service center yet.

On the production and sales, I did confirm with my journalistic sources about what the medium-term plans of Tata motors is: The Aria is definitely not going away - rather, the company may choose to refine the model further for a fairly large export market in Europe. I do not have the exact monthly sales numbers, but it would not be very difficult to get that from the Society of Indian automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), the industry grouping that shares detailed sales data with the media. But going by what the head of the Utilities division at Tata Motors said, the Aria may be selling about 500 a month now.

I am not plugging a vehicle that I have bought: Of course, if one has the cash, one must go for the Endeavor. But bounded rationality says the Aria is a very good bet at the reduced price point.

Quote:
Well i leave it upto Kailash, whatever inputs i have given our based on my interaction with dealers from Concorde & Prerna . I have visited their yards also in Sarjapur & neelmangala in the last one week.

The risk involved here is buying a car that is not selling in spite of huge discounts.
Also resale would be low. How long they would continue to sell this model is also a big ? Same questions may come up regarding after sales service and part availability in the longer run.

Also once you visit couple of dealers and talk to sales rep and then visit the yards , if you look around you will be able to notice what stock of cars they have and what is fast moving & selling ?

I have nothing against the Aria its a solid build and very heavy vehicle. I would not speak on drive ability as i did not test drive the car.

But consider all the factors around it and then take a call. The only reason i responded to this thread was to help and share the latest information that i got.

Best of luck in your search for the new car.
ashokbh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 10:39   #159
BHPian

I test drove the Aria 4x4 last week and somewhat liked the vehicle. Lots of space and to me the concept and design of Aria is brilliant. I would like Tata Motors to give it a more powerful engine though the present version was not feeling underpowered . I would defenately like to buy the top end version.
Old 17th March 2012, 12:25   #160
BHPian

Did the test drive of a 4x2 Aria last week. This one was following the Force One TD that I had done the week before. Had carried out the TDs under near identical traffic conditions and on the exact same route (which included about a km of rough road conditions).

As far as driveability is concerned, the F1 stands apart (all thanks to the Merc-sourced engine and drive train). The Aria has all the bells and whistles that are available on more expensive cars - my only concern is the Tata A*S*S. I am owning an Indigo XL Grande, and I have burnt my fingers in getting some OEM electricals repaired by them. About the F1 A*S*S, I have no knowledge, but given the fact that the Trax and the Tempo are more run in the rural than in the urban, I am hopeful that they are able to handle whatever little fancy equipment is on the F1.

During the test drive, the most prominent characteristic was the turbo-lag. Below 1800 rpm, the engine felt strained, and one has to typically rev up before shifting to remain in the meaty power band (the sales rep tried to convince me that the 2.2 l Dicor engine fitted in the Aria has been fine-tuned by JLR engineers, but seeing the engine response, I found it hard to believe).Comparatively, there was absolutely nil turbo lag in the F1 and driving the car in traffic was kid's play.

On the rough road section, the Aria had the 'memsaab' bouncing around, and even elicited a comment from her - "The Force was better!!!" The Force One had practically sailed through and we were quite surprised seeing the Aria's dismal performance.

IMO, Aria lacks the "oomph" factor. The Aria barely raised a few eyebrows when driven into my housing society parking lot, whereas there was a mini-storm when the TD Force One vehicle was brought in.

Interior space also felt a little less in the first and second rows, and definitely so in the third row.

So, if one is looking for a no-nonsense multi-purpose SUV-ish vehicle, IMO the Aria might not be a good choice. Typically, Tata vehicles have a reputation that the second generation rolls out pretty soon to cover up the mistakes of the first. So, maybe, a new-look and much-improved Aria might just about shift the equation in it's favour.

Last edited by 220kmph : 17th March 2012 at 12:30. Reason: update
220kmph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 05:44   #161
M35
BHPian

As much as INR 2.5 lakhs off on Tata Aria !

As much as INR 2.5 lakhs off on Tata Aria!

Quote:
The Tata Aria has to be among the most unpopular passenger vehicles of recent times. The condition is so bad that only 4 units of the Tata MPV were sold last month. The Tata Aria, which is the flagship model in the Tata’s line up, has been registering laughable numbers on the sales charts and the Indian auto maker is trying hard to push the sales of its MPV.

What else explains the massive discounts that Tata Motors is offering even after the increase in excise duty on SUVs from 27% to 30%?

The Tata Aria is being sold with a cash discount of INR 2 lakhs! Tata Motors will add another INR 50,000 to the above amount in case you wish to sell your existing car to them. With a discount of 2.5 lakh rupees, the Tata Aria comes across as a huge value for money proposition, i.e. if you can ignore the resale value a few years down the line. The official prices of the car start at INR 9.95 lakh rupees.
This could be very well be a stock clearance exercise. The new Aria should be ready to hit the markets.But the question is how long they will have wait to clear the exisiting stock ? Say at a rate of 4-5 units per month

http://motoroids.com/news/as-much-as...-on-tata-aria/

Last edited by M35 : 21st March 2013 at 05:53. Reason: source added
Old 21st March 2013, 09:18   #162
BHPian

The posts below by M35 and 220kmph are one year apart. Mar 2013 and Mar 2012 respectively.
Say's it all about Bhpians overall interest in the Aria doesn't it !! ??
And really sad that the Tata's have such a good vehicle but can't get the pricing, sales, A.S.S right

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks