Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2011, 12:57   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: ARIA December discount, not price cut as per dealer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Sorry for being lazy to look around in the forum but could somebody please list out the issues/failures that Aria owners are facing currently

Cheers

Here is the comprehensive test-drive and review of the Tata Aria: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

And here is a popular thread on an owners personal experience with his Arias: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

As far as I know, there is no exclusive thread that discusses the problems and niggles of the Aria (unlike the XUV's problems thread), however, if you go through the test-drive/review thread, you will see some discussion of the same.

When you get some concrete information on the most likely niggles and the niggles you've noticed (out of experience preferably), you could start a thread for the same, and followed by some more concrete information (illustration + pictures) by other members like you.

Cheers!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th December 2011 at 12:58.
Old 4th December 2011, 14:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
DO NOT buy an Aria. I being an owner myself am saying this. The TATA after sales is pathetic. In fact pathetic is an understatement. All they have are guys servicing indigos and Nanos and they are definitely not trained to handle a car of this sort. Plus, there are going to be niggles. LOTS of them.

Go ahead with the Innova if you can or even an XUV, but you need to re-think in case of an Aria.

@swiftnfurious - Well said. This car gives you tremendous headaches and not to mention the worst service experience probably. As per the rattles are concerned, those come complimentary with any TATA.
My observations:
Bad publicity goes distances in No time. Even among hundreds of Aria customers who are happy with their purchase, its 2-3 bad reviews all it takes to dent the reputation. See the title of the thread and read the comments. Tata are you listening?
Nowadays, cars are required to be serviced from minimum once a year to max twice a year, if a company can't provide that much to its customers even for an 18 lac car without any fuss, then it puts a big question mark on its reliability. I strongly feel that for the customers of this price segment reliability and hassle-free ownership is of utmost importance than luxury, electronics and bells and whistles. Any way the customer is ready to compromise on Brand image by going for Tata in this price range and what are Tatas providing him in return is there for everyone to see.
Isn't it unfortunate for Fiat to rely on Tata to service their cars who seems to be incapable to service their own cars satisfactorily.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 12:12   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Here is the comprehensive test-drive and review of the Tata Aria: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ve-review.html

And here is a popular thread on an owners personal experience with his Arias: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html

As far as I know, there is no exclusive thread that discusses the problems and niggles of the Aria (unlike the XUV's problems thread), however, if you go through the test-drive/review thread, you will see some discussion of the same.

When you get some concrete information on the most likely niggles and the niggles you've noticed (out of experience preferably), you could start a thread for the same, and followed by some more concrete information (illustration + pictures) by other members like you.

Cheers!
Thanks, Suhaas. Its really apalling to see how bad Tata is doing in the after sales part.

How can it be so hard to spurce up after sales? Isn't it a no brainer at all?

Cheers
Old 5th December 2011, 13:55   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Suddenly the Aria looks like VFM.

But been hearing not so great feedback on the car and service. A known person who ditched the BMW X1 to get the Aria is pissed. He already owns the 3 series and thought the Aria will be the best weekend ride.
The Aria is still not even close to being VFM cause there is simply no value in running after the A.S.S as soon as you buy a premium priced car, i can understand if it was a Nano. Your friend has no right to be pissed about this. WHAT made him to change his mind from a bimmer to a TATA in the first place ? This is like having lived your entire life in a peaceful countryside in Europe and then migrating to Afghanistan/Pakistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
As others mentioned, better buy an Innova or an XUV. I would not buy an ARIA even at a 3L discount.
+ 10 to that.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2011 at 19:27. Reason: EsteemLover : This is NOT the attitude we permit on this forum. Watch the tone
Old 5th December 2011, 18:12   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Your friend has no right to be pissed about this. WHAT made him to change his mind from a bimmer to a TATA in the first place ? This is like having lived your entire life in a peaceful countryside in Europe and then migrating to Afghanistan/Pakistan.
Actually he is not an car guy. Has money and need the luxury, so got the BMW. I think when he choose the Aria, he must have compared it to the X1 and thought, wow..... so much for so less. Little did he realise his mistake. And he needed it for the weekend only. Now he spends the weekends at the service center. Had he even hinted to me, I would have ensured he read the tbhp reviews.
Old 6th December 2011, 12:45   #21
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

Just saw an offical emailer from TATA itself - "Celebrate The Ultimate December Offer" - TATA Aria is now available at an astounding price of Rs. 9.99 lacs*" -

this was on the Pure 4X2 varient priced 11.61L - with 1.62L off it works out to 9.99L
Pleasure 4X2 - 12.89L - 1.6L off = 11.29L
Prestige 4X2 - 14.54L - 1.6L off = 12.94L
Pride 4X4 - 16.12L - 1.6L off = 14.52L

PLUS there is an exchange bonus of 40,000 across the board - working out to a saving of 200,000 across the board for most selling varients.

Effectively they have reduced prices by 2L - They say it is for a limited period, but we do know that prices never really go back up and the discount needs to be offered in one form or another.

I guess they have reallized that they do need to bite the bullet.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Just saw an offical emailer from TATA itself - "Celebrate The Ultimate December Offer" - TATA Aria is now available at an astounding price of Rs. 9.99 lacs*" -

this was on the Pure 4X2 varient priced 11.61L - with 1.62L off it works out to 9.99L
Pleasure 4X2 - 12.89L - 1.6L off = 11.29L
Prestige 4X2 - 14.54L - 1.6L off = 12.94L
Pride 4X4 - 16.12L - 1.6L off = 14.52L

PLUS there is an exchange bonus of 40,000 across the board - working out to a saving of 200,000 across the board for most selling varients.

Effectively they have reduced prices by 2L - They say it is for a limited period, but we do know that prices never really go back up and the discount needs to be offered in one form or another.

I guess they have reallized that they do need to bite the bullet.
even then the base Pure 4x2 is much more expensive than the XUV W6 and it is horribly under equipped compared to the XUV W6. maybe it can give a good fight to the innova, for those who are not aware of the issues with the Aria.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
maybe it can give a good fight to the innova, for those who are not aware of the issues with the Aria.
Doubt if the Innova is going to be affected. Innova is a comfortable 7 seater (minus the driver) where as the Aria is no a 5 adults (including driver) plus 2 kids. You can do a 500 Kms in the last seat of an Innova comfortably, on the Aria you can not even do a 50 Kms (for a adult). When you look at the Taxi segment one of the main Innova customer groups) Buying an Aria will be a bad choice.

Aria is a family car, and Innova is really multipurpose. I do not see any noticable effect on the Innnova due the Aria.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:44   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Doubt if the Innova is going to be affected. Innova is a comfortable 7 seater (minus the driver) where as the Aria is no a 5 adults (including driver) plus 2 kids. You can do a 500 Kms in the last seat of an Innova comfortably, on the Aria you can not even do a 50 Kms (for a adult). When you look at the Taxi segment one of the main Innova customer groups) Buying an Aria will be a bad choice.

Aria is a family car, and Innova is really multipurpose. I do not see any noticable effect on the Innnova due the Aria.
Yep you are right the Aria does not really compete with the Innova, yet there are actually quite a few who do buy the Innova for their own personal use and they may be a family of just 3-5 (like me infact) who just fold the last row seats flat. For them this does become an option.

Also with the XUV not available for the next few months some of those customers as well as some of those considering the Scorpio and Safari could move to the Aria. Yep the XUV has more features in the W6 compared to the base spec pure version but then the Aria is more spacious and does have a supposedly stronger Ladder Frame chassis. In reality I dont see the pure version selling at all. It would be the Pleasure (priced higher than the W6 that would be competing if at all. The Pure is indeed too basic compared to the W6 though not vs the Innova for family (not as a people mover).

Irrespective those who see value to this offer will buy it. Competition has brought in more and better priced options for the customers.
Old 6th December 2011, 13:47   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
even then the base Pure 4x2 is much more expensive than the XUV W6 and it is horribly under equipped compared to the XUV W6. maybe it can give a good fight to the innova, for those who are not aware of the issues with the Aria.
If I am not wrong, didn't the W6 start at around 11 lakhs.

This discount seems a bit tempting if you are ready to spare time and effort at TASC later.

Just imagine people bought the car at 19 lakhs on road and now those who do not care about the 4X4, can get a less equipped version around 12 odd lakhs on road. At least its making me start thinking on the possibility.

What does everybody feel?

Cheers
Old 6th December 2011, 14:02   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Just imagine people bought the car at 19 lakhs on road and now those who do not care about the 4X4, can get a less equipped version around 12 odd lakhs on road. At least its making me start thinking on the possibility.
You are being honest. It is true value at this price, especially considering there is enough luggage space even when third row in place. The issues have not been reported by more than 2 persons here on T-BHP. I don't think the product is as bad as those 2 have made it appear. The engine remains similar to that of Safari. The individual owners have not reported many issues with ARIA.
The only factor against it is its look and length. Auto Expo is near and Maruti Ertiga launch is round the corner - it might prove to be a compact, far more versatile and economical alternative.

Last edited by ajay0612 : 6th December 2011 at 14:03.
Old 6th December 2011, 14:08   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If I am not wrong, didn't the W6 start at around 11 lakhs.

This discount seems a bit tempting if you are ready to spare time and effort at TASC later.
Even XUV is not a proven product and there are some minor niggles already reported. Even with this price cut I doubt ARIA sales will cross 5-600, because ARIA design is not wierd/ugly like XUV
Old 6th December 2011, 14:20   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
You are being honest. It is true value at this price, especially considering there is enough luggage space even when third row in place. The issues have not been reported by more than 2 persons here on T-BHP. I don't think the product is as bad as those 2 have made it appear. The engine remains similar to that of Safari. The individual owners have not reported many issues with ARIA.
The only factor against it is its look and length. Auto Expo is near and Maruti Ertiga launch is round the corner - it might prove to be a compact, far more versatile and economical alternative.
I somehow have a doubt that the Ertiga will be flimsy maruti style muv. It will definitely be reliable but will not really feel bulletproof. It just maybe a better Versa. I hope I am wrong though.

I guess the Ertiga with all bells and whistles would be around 10 lakhs on road and the Aria mid version would be around 13 lakhs on road. Now whether the extra 3 odd lakhs makes sense or not, thats the question.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Even XUV is not a proven product and there are some minor niggles already reported. Even with this price cut I doubt ARIA sales will cross 5-600, because ARIA design is not wierd/ugly like XUV
Ya as has been posted in multiple places on Team-BHP, we are the guinea pigs for Indian manufacturers. I guess what worked for the XUV was that people were expecting a 15lakh+ SUV and they got a pleasant surprise and in those emotions gave a tremendous response. Aria got it all wrong with the pricing and subsequent issues didn't help.

Now, even with these discounts it may create some buzz and some sales but will not reach the fervor of the XUV.

For fence sitters like me, even after these discounts, I still need some more convincing on the Aria. The problem is you put 10 lakhs + on a car, you expect it to serve you well for at least 4 years and then fetch you at least 60% re-sell. Aria will most probably fail on both yardsticks.

And then on top of it there will be some routine expenses. Just a simple 4 tire change will put you down by 60k which straight away adds 1 to 2 rupees per km run considering at 40k kms you would definitely need a tire change.

Tough to take a decision either way.

Cheers

Last edited by sahakar : 6th December 2011 at 14:31.
Old 6th December 2011, 16:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

got this mail today.
Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus-aria.jpg
aria at 10L seems to be a good product.
Old 6th December 2011, 18:34   #30
BHPian

Aria Totally lost its opportunity at Launch. Tata Killed it with obscenely inflated pricing. Tata must make all Aria variant come with Alloy wheels and then add more features like Auto climate control,steering Audiocontrols on Aria Pure 4x2 give a 9.5L revised pricing make sense.

It will be shame to not to have more required features on Aria Pure 4x2 and call Aria its flagship product but have more comfort interior features on 6L Tata Vista.

With its recent launches and pricing TATA is being exposed as one of the most in-efficient company with high level of compalascence.

Last edited by harimakesh : 6th December 2011 at 18:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks