Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 18:53   #31
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus

WOW!!

Savings of 2,00,000!! Now thats an year end discount that is too hard to resist!!

But now that the aria costs only 9.99 - 40,000 exchange bonus which equals to 9.59 Lakhs ex showroom wont it intrude into the price bracket of the safari EX at 9.54 Lakhs ex showroom ??

Who in their right mind would buy a Safari Ex over a Aria Pure ??
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 19:10   #32
BHPian

Just came across this news!

Initially I was bummed, but who knows with 140 odd units sold there may be no way Tata's could have sold more. Especially after the well priced XUV.

I have recently learnt that buying a good product is not enough, you need to choose a company that backs the product!

If you ask me today, I would probably never buy a TATA product again. No matter how good the product is it is the ownership experience that matters the most.

I believed that Tata's looked at the Innova pricing and priced the Aria 3L more with all the bells and whistles. What Tata's forgot was that to reach the 15L mark Toyota had a very very reliable product along with one of the best after sales support.

Owning two Innova's along with the Aria, I can vouch and say that no doubt the Aria is superior. But the Innova is definitely the easier one to live with.

If you ask me; this is not a discount, instead it is a compensation offered to new owners for the shoddy after sales support and harassment they are about to experience in near future.
Old 6th December 2011, 19:54   #33
BHPian

Sorry for posting back to back but an important thing just struck me :-

Are these discounts there to stay?? Will aria follow the jazz way and later change its pricing to the discounted prices as of now ??

I ask this because if the discounted price will soon become the new price of Tata Aria i.e around 9.6 lakhs ex showroom then where would Tata price the new Safari Merlin ??
Old 6th December 2011, 20:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Are these discounts there to stay?? Will aria follow the jazz way and later change its pricing to the discounted prices as of now ??
According to Tata's this is a limited offer, But like ACM said how can a company rollback to the old price after providing such a huge discount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
I ask this because if the discounted price will soon become the new price of Tata Aria i.e around 9.6 lakhs ex showroom then where would Tata price the new Safari Merlin ??
The demand for the current Safari is pretty high, so I doubt if Tata will even think about the merlin at this stage. Though you have a valid point but Tata's have indeed surprised/shocked everyone with their pricing strategies...

Last I heard they raised the prices of the current gen Safari by 20k...
Old 6th December 2011, 21:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
According to Tata's this is a limited offer, But like ACM said how can a company rollback to the old price after providing such a huge discount?

The demand for the current Safari is pretty high, so I doubt if Tata will even think about the merlin at this stage. Though you have a valid point but Tata's have indeed surprised/shocked everyone with their pricing strategies...

Last I heard they raised the prices of the current gen Safari by 20k...
Exactly !! If Tata was only offering an exchange bonus then it might have been possible to roll back to the original price , but after a discount of a whooping 1.6 lakhs rolling back seems a bit difficult .

There is another possibility though ,
Can it be possible that Tata is doing a Stock Clearance of its 2011 manufactured Aria models ?
Old 6th December 2011, 22:00   #36
Senior - BHPian

they are trying to "push" sales since this is a festive season and year end. Ideally they should have announced this by Diwali, but they tried a feeler to see how sales went. Since sales numbers were dwindling, they have been forced to reduce prices. Still as someone said above, the XUV500 looks promising at 11 lacs, instead of a tata at 11 lacs. At least Anand is taking the initiative to help customers, whereas Tatas did not bother to help indian21r

2 lacs discount on a new product speaks for itself. They are badly in need of sales for the aria.

I would really consider an Aria, but the customer service and attitude puts me off, when i am parting with 20 lacs of my money.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 6th December 2011 at 22:07.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:23   #37
BHPian

Had a detailed and frank discussion with a manager from Tata motors.
It has been communicated to them that this is a December offer only but he thinks its more of a stock clearance + price point testing.

Apparently there was a debate between sales teams whether it was the pricing that led to a sales slump for aria and there were arguments on both sides so he says it might as well be a test of that hypothesis, but does not know for sure.

I have to postpone my purchase for sometime due to unavoidable circumstances but i test drove the vehicle - pure variant and i am more than ready to take up this offer, guys its a value for money for sure and if there is a top end version of 18 lakhs on road then I would infact take pride in buying the pure/pleasure variant

Think of it the car whatever numbers it has sold has been sold to a premium clientele rather than taxi operators (innova's case) and i myself being an owner of an innova can tell you a major pain point when i am driving back home in the evening , i have to stop at every police checkpoint because i am in an innova . I cross 2 border posts and 5 additional check posts.

I can deal with the a.s.s part for tata as i know the dealer staff very well because of my window shopping habits and i am a sales guy myself so can take care of getting my things done but i am fed up of these routine stops.

Last edited by kaks15 : 6th December 2011 at 22:25.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:31   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaks15 View Post
i myself being an owner of an innova can tell you a major pain point when i am driving back home in the evening , i have to stop at every police checkpoint because i am in an innova . I cross 2 border posts and 5 additional check posts.
Kaks15,

Please share what are the harrasment issues you are facing in your Innova. I assume you are driving a white board, private use vehicle. this info will be useful to all of us. I know wuite a few people who have innova and have done cross border trips (state border) and not faced any issues that I am aware of.

They also had all papers in order including a PUC Certificate for a new vehicle.
Old 6th December 2011, 22:35   #39
Senior - BHPian

I received a mail Tata Aria now going on a Rs.2L discount !!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria : 1.6 lakh discount + 40k exchange bonus-aria-going-cheap.png  

Old 6th December 2011, 22:43   #40
BHPian

Got call from TATA Dealer Thrissur ( Kerala )

offering 2 lakh cash discount on Aria..No need Exchange..

Last edited by valapad : 6th December 2011 at 22:45.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Big discounts don't always mean great value. With this discount, the Aria is basically priced at the level it should always have been. And maybe, at this pricing, the Aria would have created a stir in the market at launch or even sustained it for a few months. But with the XUV in the mix now, the Aria isn't exactly a no-brainer. Sure, it's a capable car and a great step for Tata and all that, but where does it stand in comparison to the XUV?

If one's answer to that is in favour of the Aria, then by all means go for it. I guess one of the things it has on its side is the immediate delivery (I assume) compared to the XUV's waiting period even after bookings reopen.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 6th December 2011 at 23:19.
Old 7th December 2011, 08:18   #42
BHPian

With this discount, I feel, ARIA has come to a stage "Take it or Leave it".
To me, ARIA is a very good option to people looking for the best in class at a very fair price. In fact, the feature list of ARIA beats at least 1 or 2 levels above [like some so called mid-luxury SUV's like CRV, etc ...] in its original price itself.

Honestly, we are talking too much of an extreme about the TASS and its service. Me, owning TATA vehicle for the past 7 years now [Marina for 5 years, Safari for 2 years], I have to mention this, never I had a problem with them NOR the vehicle as such.
Btw, I am a person who wants to be with my car when its getting serviced, out of curiosity to know things under the hood rather than trying to evaluate the luxury nature of a customer lounge in a service station. However, I never had problems with the quality of the customer lounge as well in TATA's service centers - both Concorde [both Dairy circle & Hosur rd] & KHT in Bangalore.

I often notice this in TBHP - people who dont own a TATA car commenting [mostly negative] a lot about the TATA vehicle and its service station. To all those people, please stop bad-mouthing. It doesnt help anyone at all.

NOTE: I am not a TATA employee, but just want to be neutral and want others too to be neutral.

Prem.

Last edited by kaviprem : 7th December 2011 at 08:19.
kaviprem is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 08:19   #43
BHPian

Isn't it little unfair on Aria owners who bought it earlier? This is not only for Aria but for any vehicle where there is a massive discount given. Should not the early bird customers who took the risk and trusted the vehicle brand be given some credit
Old 7th December 2011, 09:41   #44
Senior - BHPian

Just read this in todays paper ! Nice pricing!
Hope this helps and actually should lure Safari customers too.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:00   #45
BHPian

Toyota just needs to have a more powerful and refined engine for the Innova's bay and ofcourse bring on the updated Innova facelift as soon as possible. That will be enough to make life miserable for Aria.

The price cut is actually a reality check for TATA.

Most Viewed