Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: YOUR Car of the Year 2011?
Hyundai Eon 84 3.20%
Honda Brio 134 5.10%
Toyota Liva 35 1.33%
Maruti Swift 183 6.97%
Nissan Sunny 53 2.02%
Skoda Rapid 109 4.15%
Hyundai Verna 260 9.90%
Ford Fiesta 47 1.79%
Force One 18 0.69%
Mahindra XUV5OO 1487 56.63%
Renault Fluence 22 0.84%
Volkswagen Jetta 56 2.13%
Suzuki Kizashi 14 0.53%
Volkswagen Passat 23 0.88%
Renault Koleos 7 0.27%
Volvo S60 32 1.22%
Audi A6 62 2.36%
Voters: 2626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2011, 17:53   #166
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year 2011. EDIT : Mahindra XUV500 it is!!

Voted for XUV5OO - clearly this car is a game changer in its segment, and set a new definition of Value For Money. It will make manufacturers planning future launches to think very carefully about feature/price tradeoff.
Looking at the poll results as of this moment, XUV leading by a mile and then some!
Old 6th December 2011, 18:02   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Speaking for myself, the XUV 5OO takes the cake.

For an auto manufacturer - regardless of nationality, to have come with such a product for the first time in their history - an aspirational product with cutting-edge technology at an exceptional price point that simply makes its entire competition appear irrelevant, is something that gets my vote.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 19:24   #168
BHPian

My vote goes to Hyundai Verna Fluidic.

It switches on all the right buttons for the customers in its segment. Style, performance, safety, engine options, service, reliability.

In a segment where the competition is severe, I believe Verna has established itself ahead of the American, Japanese, European brands strongly.

I respect XUV500 for the tremendous VFM with with low denominator 'price'. But IMO I would say Verna's fight is BIGGER.
Old 6th December 2011, 20:53   #169
BHPian

I voted for the XUV500. Mahindra has certainly demonstrated that it has matured on all fronts with this car and has raised the bar by quite a few notches. The overall design might be loud but does not hurt the eye. All the elements - engine, price, variants looks spot-on for the segment it competes in.

Mahindra deserves kudos and I hope the XUV 500 is just the beginning of more surprises from the 'once upon a time' farm equipment company! It has truly arrived.

I liked the EON too for its styling and Hyundai's bold statement that budget need not be boring, but the overall package was just not segment shattering like the XUV500
Old 6th December 2011, 21:08   #170
dot
Senior - BHPian

I had a hard time to choose between Skoda Rapid and XUV500. Finally decided on Skoda Rapid as they have relabeled an already great package into an even better package, VFM all the way. My vote didnt go for XUV due to its quirky rear and interior design and its engine is also not really new.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 21:30   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Rapid shouldn't even be on this survey. It doesn't match the criteria of a new car as outlined by GTO. Same platform, same engine, same interiors even, as the Vento!

(tongue firmly in cheek)
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2011, 22:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Voted for Hyundai Eon. Was confused between Eon, XUV and Verna. But then had to take a blind choice - no game changes in the real sense of the word. i thought Eon comes close

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Skoda Rapid shouldn't even be on this survey. It doesn't match the criteria of a new car as outlined by GTO. Same platform, same engine, same interiors even, as the Vento!

(tongue firmly in cheek)
Buyer's remorse, noopster?
Old 6th December 2011, 23:22   #173
Senior - BHPian

For me, it's a tie between the Verna and the XUV.

But I voted in favour of the Verna for one simple reason. Dethroned the king and maintained the numero uno position consistently. The XUV on the other hand, is too fresh and new to slap a COTY on it just yet, IMO. Not that I doubt it will hold the attention and the crown.
Old 6th December 2011, 23:50   #174
BHPian

I had voted yesterday only, in favor of the XUV5OO. The decision was impulsive, listened more of my heart than head. Also, it was a follow-the-suit case as there were more than 160 votes in favor of the XUV then, while others in contention were finding it tough to make even a two-digit figure. Tells a lot how much we here love the XUV, and that it deserves to be on the top.

For me otherwise, it was a draw between the Eon and the XUV. Both, these cars are manufactured keeping aam-janta (middle-class) in mind. I believe both,the EON and the XUV are equally well made and give a substantial car for lesser money than their counterparts.

What EON does to lower-middle class the same does the XUV for upper-middle class, i.e, gives maximum bang for every buck spend. Despite of some conspicuous flaws, both these cars make a bold statement that one need not to spend big money for every thing that looks and feels big. ;-)
Old 7th December 2011, 02:04   #175
BHPian

Voted for Mahindra XUV 5OO because it appeals to both heart and mind, It is definatly going to be my next car, Just waiting for the Automatic Version.
Old 7th December 2011, 09:06   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What does that mean? Either you think a vehicle is COTY or it's not. What do other people's votes have to do with it?
Is the thought too alien?! Afterall, there are clear reasons why they banned opinion polls. Just ask @shivank two posts above. But of course, where there is a huge margin of victory there can't be any doubts. All hail the XUV 5-double 'o'!

Last edited by 2cents : 7th December 2011 at 09:10.
2cents is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 09:24   #177
Senior - BHPian

Has to be the Swift in my opinion. I love the way that Maruti has taken a car which was already fantastic, and turned it into something stellar, addressing most of its earlier shortcomings. I believe making a good product even better than before is a really challenging task.

XUV500 is surely a good product, from what I have seen and heard of it, but for my tastes, it is way, way overstyled. Not just the front, but all around. But I suppose that is how the market generally prefers it, going by the massive booking spree.
Old 7th December 2011, 09:30   #178
BANNED

My Takes -

Hyundai Eon - Overpriced, K10 is a better option any given day.
Honda Brio - Limited rear space for the pricing.
Toyota Liva - The overall quality sucks.
MS Swift - Performance has given way to efficiency, not a good trade off.
Sunny - Other than the space nothing exceptional about it.
Rapid - This may have been the one, better off than the Vento for 1.5 L less, great deal ond the offering !!
Verna - Too too overpriced, Hyundai folks are selling gizmos at an atrocious price, the engines do not have much to offer.
Fiesta - Doomed since day 1, pricing and the underpowered engines.
Force One - Would rather wait for the reviews to pour in than plonking my money straight into it.
XUV500 - Sheer VFM, fantastic product, but still does not get the vote.
Fluence - Overpriced, mediocre engine.
Jetta - Too Vento like for the pricing, Cruze is a better deal engine 2 engine.
Kizashi - Hopeless.
Passat - Overpriced for the offering.
Koleos - Again pricing on the higher side & a bit risky to plonk in that amount of money into a Renault (in India).
A6 - Cannot comment much.

Now the winner to me is - The VOLVO S60.....

For 38L OTR Delhi you get 304 BHP and 44 Kgm of Torque @ 2100 RPM.

As mentioned in the reviews, the 3 series and the C class don't even come close to the S60 when compared specs wise.

For me S60 is SHEER value for money.

All - The above mentioned comments are my perceptions about products, please do not take them personally.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 12:21   #179
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 8th December 2011 at 10:49.
wannabe loser is offline   Received Infraction
Old 7th December 2011, 12:31   #180
BHPian

Well, I did expect the XUV to win, but expected more numbers for Verna and Brio! Clearly the XUV numbers goes to show that this vehicle was the answer to the prayers of many.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks