Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: YOUR Car of the Year 2011?
Hyundai Eon 84 3.20%
Honda Brio 134 5.10%
Toyota Liva 35 1.33%
Maruti Swift 183 6.97%
Nissan Sunny 53 2.02%
Skoda Rapid 109 4.15%
Hyundai Verna 260 9.90%
Ford Fiesta 47 1.79%
Force One 18 0.69%
Mahindra XUV5OO 1487 56.63%
Renault Fluence 22 0.84%
Volkswagen Jetta 56 2.13%
Suzuki Kizashi 14 0.53%
Volkswagen Passat 23 0.88%
Renault Koleos 7 0.27%
Volvo S60 32 1.22%
Audi A6 62 2.36%
Voters: 2626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 19:59   #316
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year 2011. EDIT : Mahindra XUV500 it is!!

Not surprised at this skew - XUV-5OO seems popular choice.

Its no doubt a vehicle everyone loves to have at this time but, i still recall the 'doom' verdict given everywhere including on this forum - which was quickly forgotten when the price was announced and all the shortcomings and nitpicking vanished.

It would be interesting to see how the reactions would be if the prices were revised upwards by say 4lacs ( am not saying M&M would do that ) but would it still be a favorite?

My vote is for the EON, to me this was most awaited launch (while i am not in the hunt for a hatchback, this would have been my preferred choice for a First Car) nothing about this car is CHEAP, its great for the price and given the other positives with HYUNDAI this is a car to watch out for, only thing that can spoil the Eons party is the rising service cost of hyundai.
Old 10th December 2011, 20:30   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Because Cruze was not launched in 2011. The poll is for Car of the year 2011.
Got it! Thanks for clarifying
Old 10th December 2011, 20:37   #318
Senior - BHPian

I voted for the XUV; when I saw the results, I was kinda .

1000+ votes for the XUV is overwhelming but not entirely unexpected, but 7 votes for Force One?

Hyundai Eon should have received more votes and so is the Verna.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th December 2011 at 20:46.
Old 11th December 2011, 01:11   #319
BHPian

It's an year of many launches. A couple of years back there was literally no good choice in the C / C++ segment so much so I decided against buying anything. A lot has changed in the last two years. I have not driven any of the new launches this year. However, if I am in market in their respective segments I will seriously consider Eon, Brio, Verna, Rapid, Sunny and XUV 500. No offense to Liva/Etios, it just doesn't tick on the interiors department.

To me a good car is something I would look at buying if I am in market in that segment. And if a car would make me change my segment and consider it, it is a very good car. XUV does it this year and it's the car of the year for me - looks desirable, loads of features and VFM. It has filled a huge void & has created aspiration. I just hope it is not a let down quality wise.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 11th December 2011 at 01:18.
Old 11th December 2011, 02:41   #320
BHPian

Well, no doubt the overwhelming favorite is the XUV 500. As a value for money car and a game/market changer. the car of the year should be the XUV. Notwithstanding the fact that the EON is a people's car, and Rapid the most welcome newcomer for a middle-class buyer, my vote goes to the Mahindra for the sheer effort and bang for buck. An Indian company has come out with a true blue car that can compete with its peers on the same foot, and the vehicle has drawn so much enthusiasm from the public that many who just went to have a look ended up booking it and then thinking of selling their old car just to accommodate the new SUV. EON is a bit overpriced as are the other above 10 laKH CARS. Verna does not match up with its vague suspension and other mechanicals, Brio has identity issues as well as lacks diesel, Swift is already a bestseller in its previous Avtar, and the Jetta is my personal favorite. But as teh title goes, the car of the year should be an all-rounder and most complete package.....
Old 11th December 2011, 03:43   #321
Senior - BHPian

Although, I'm not in the country for almost the whole year, I've heard more raves about the XUV500 than all the other cars put together. Clearly, it's a no contest. The XUV IS the winner.
Old 11th December 2011, 10:23   #322
BHPian

I would definitely give my vote to Mahindra XUV 500 for the following reasons:-
1) Value for Cost vehicle. I mean so many features with decent price tag is rare in our market.
2) Brilliant appearance. The vehicle makes its presence felt.
3) Mahindra SUV Reliability. Although there are speculations about Mahindra's service but I have a gut feeling that it won't let customers down.
Old 11th December 2011, 11:09   #323
BHPian

Its xuv 500 all the way. Voted for it. For me the skoda rapid was the second choice.
The xuv 500 is the game changer this year without doubt. Great launch by mahindra.
The skoda rapid also seems to be a good package overall. Hoping that it does well in the market. Lets see whether skoda improves its after sales services.
Old 11th December 2011, 13:33   #324
BHPian

i only wish another home grown manufacturer made a vehicle as appealing as the XUV 500. It has all the capability needed as well as resources are in abundance. The only thing missing is the will th do it, which is what Mahindra has shown in no small measure.

Park the XUV alongside any of the latest products like LR Evoque, Kia Sorento, etc. and you are bound to figure that a strong will to do the best was the motive behind the XUV.
Old 11th December 2011, 13:43   #325
Senior - BHPian

Well, I voted for the XUV 500 on the day this thread started. It was simply on the basis of the significance of the vehicle in its segment: an INDIAN vehicle manufacturer can come up with a product that was priced right, drove well and was packed with features. I can safely say the XUV 500 is a serious danger to vehicles twice its price. What else can be a more significant vehicle?
Old 11th December 2011, 15:10   #326
BHPian

It's strange to see that the eon doing so poorly in the poll. Sure xuv is priced in a way that we are willing to forget all shortcomings but eon as big a game changer. It does not have the emotional appeal that the xuv carries but for people looking at affordable transportation it is a breath of fresh air. They don't have to settle for outdated models with interiors that seem built in the stone age. It is a great first car and honestly a much more important product for most Indians
Old 11th December 2011, 15:16   #327
BHPian

Scoda Rapid, Hyundai Verna & Eon were in my consideration for car of the year. But when you need to choose only one, XUV500 stands out.
Old 11th December 2011, 17:41   #328
BHPian

Wow! I was pleasantly surprised with the poll results.

I support the XUV5OO too, for the game changer it's going to be or already is. I would put the Brio a close second. Unfortunately for the supply issue, we still don't know how the market has actually reacted to this car. But looking at the order booking, I feel this car should do well.
Old 11th December 2011, 19:49   #329
Senior - BHPian

The thing with XUV is, not only has it succeeded as a product, but it has defined the price point for the booming mini SUV segment. It has set the benchmark that it is very difficult to imagine any of the upcoming mini SUV's (Ecosport, Duster et all) to be priced over it. This gives the VFM quotient all new meaning altogeter and whether the others like it or not, they need to price it below XUV for them to succeed with the product.

Game changer indeed!
Old 11th December 2011, 21:31   #330
BHPian

Voted for the Mahindra XUV 5OO for the following reasons:

1) Amazing value for money (IMHO)

2) Styling (Again its subjective and even I dislike the unnecessary cuts on the front bumper but in colours like Black and Grey, its simply stunning! )

3) And its already a Super duper hit so I wont be surprised if it wins other Car of the Year awards from different magazines or T.V shows as well!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks