Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:36   #256
BHPian

re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

I do hope FIAT works overtime in improving its after sales service big time. FIAT do have the best engines, suspension setup and driving pleasure. This needs to be converted into overall build quality and niggle free vehicles. I do agree with majority of our friends that FIAT needs to take a serious relook at their pricing. Lets hope that FIAT is able to make the cars more drivable and work on reducing the turbo lag. Lets wait what FIAT has to say around this post.
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:46   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Any idea how much it was earlier?=;the ground clearance.
160mm or 168mm me thinks.

What I'm really anxious to see is if the interior quality has been improved on. That was the only thing stopping me in the past. Headed to the showroom now, fingers crossed
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:50   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
Any info about the Fiat's world famous inferior plastic issue? Did they do something about it?
I should be able to answer this one after a while, headed to the showroom now. Hope a test drive is available as well
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:51   #259
BHPian

Heres a comparison of old and new exshowroom prices as announced at launch.even comparing feature for feature prices have increased.
Think they are repositioning linea as fully loaded luxury sedan?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-captaure.png  

aditya116 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:52   #260
BHPian

Finally there is one manufacturer who understands the importance of GC on our roads, thumbs up to Fiat. I just hope along with it they have also sorted out the driveability on their diesels which was quite sluggish when I tested it the last time around(a year back). The other features (though not a big fan of them) are welcome additions and would definitely provide that much more value to the user

A T-jet with good GC will be a good 2+2 tourer for ppl who are on a tight budget like me

I also have some questions to Fiat:

Why are they continuing with the NA Petrol Linea? Does any one buy that at all?
Why can't they have a stripped down T-Jet for petrol heads when it scores even on the FE front (as per ARAI figures posted on Fiat's website) over the NA Petrol?
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:08   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
Heres a comparison of old and new exshowroom prices as announced at launch.even comparing feature for feature prices have increased.
Think they are repositioning linea as fully loaded luxury sedan?
In your table the new prices should be shifted to the right by one cell.

Thats, because:
By features, the active version is no more existing.
But by name, "Emotion pack" is now non existant

for example,
earlier punto 1.2 emotion is now 1.2 dynamic and for this, a jump from 493572 to 50400 is not a jump at all IMO

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd January 2012 at 15:11.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:30   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
160mm or 168mm me thinks.

What I'm really anxious to see is if the interior quality has been improved on. That was the only thing stopping me in the past. Headed to the showroom now, fingers crossed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
I should be able to answer this one after a while, headed to the showroom now. Hope a test drive is available as well
Went to AADYA motors near Manyata Tech Park and they havent yet received the cars or the price-list!!!!
As per ACI, there are some changes to the 1.3 Multijet engine as well, hope they added some low end grunt. Put my name down for a testdrive, hope they call soon!!

Last edited by AdrenalinJunkie : 3rd January 2012 at 15:36.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:34   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
In your table the new prices should be shifted to the right by one cell.

Thats, because:
By features, the active version is no more existing.
But by name, "Emotion pack" is now non existant

for example,
earlier punto 1.2 emotion is now 1.2 dynamic and for this, a jump from 493572 to 50400 is not a jump at all IMO
Totally agree with you on that one. Infact they have provided some extra features too. So the pricing has been maintained and not increased. Wish they have a decent budget allotted for promotions too. I fail to understand why they make such silly advts. Baring the first one all advts so far have been very bland. Suprisingly TATA does some of the best advts. Can't they just borrow some ideas?
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:43   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
The ground clearance has increased to 190mm for Linea and 195mm for Punto.
That's some GC addition. I kind of feel they went overboard with this. 180-185 would have been nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116 View Post
The pricing of [Linea versions] *new* Active variant makes a lot of sense. With the addition of equipments, they have very minimal price hike - that stays true for Dynamic variant as well. But the emotion pack rate hike is HUGE in comparison. It been raised by more than a lakh than the previous Emotion pack?!

Awaiting some pictures shot in person!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 3rd January 2012 at 15:56.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:48   #265
Senior - BHPian

I'm still confused about the engine options.

Comparing petrol Punto Dynamic and Emotion variant prices, it looks as if the petrol Punto Emotion is going to have the 1.4L engine. I would've liked to see petrol 1.2 Emotion as well.

Does the diesel Punto come with the 90HP engine across the range? There is a 20K price difference (increase) between the new Emotion and old 75HP Emotion Pack - could it be to accomodate the 90HP engine?

No mention of the Linea T-jet variant either.

The Linea diesel Emotion variant looks overpriced when compared to competition which have 1.5/1.6L engines - but, the Linea diesel Dynamic at Rs.8.84L is itself fully loaded and makes most sense.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:54   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
190mm GC? Hope it doesn't spoil the looks and handling! I don't want it to end up looking like a SUV with a boot, similar to the SX4 [no offense to owners]
Agreed... The linea has always looked very balanced... lets hope that doesnt changed...

P.s. My CRV is 185 mm GC if i remember correctly !
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:00   #267
BHPian

One more thing in all the post above the cost of Linea Emotion is 9.19L and NOT 9.9L . That is a just 30K over the current E-PK. But you get 16inch alloys , leather upholstery etc.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:03   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
One more thing in all the post above the cost of Linea Emotion is 9.19L and NOT 9.9L . That is a just 30K over the current E-PK. But you get 16inch alloys , leather upholstery etc.
That would make the top end diesel cost around 11 lacs OTR in Bangalore, that is tremendous value for money IMHO
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:09   #269
BHPian

There is no clear visibility on the engine options in the new model range at all!

All in all, as a current Punto owner, this 'mild' upgrade is actually a disappointment. Where is the Evo upgrade for the Punto and the much-touted refresh of the Linea's looks?

Atleast the Linea benefits from a few additional features, but where is the option of the 1.6 MJD?

The Linea should ideally be available with only the 1.4 T-jet and the 1.6 MJD!! That's what will differentiate it from its competition. What on earth will the 1.3 MJD 90 or the 1.4 NA do against the Vento, Rapid, Verna, City???

As for the Punto, except for the increased GC, and the removal of a variant, what else has really happened? Upgraded ACs do not deserve a separate product launch! That should be done based on constant customer feedback anyway!!

Again, this car should have had a reworked 1.2 litre petrol engine! If Fiat does not intend to launch any new model till 2013-2014, the least they could have done is rework the 1.2 petrol engine with some tech wizardry to atleast get it on even specs with the Polo or i20!!

As a performance alternative, they should have inserted the 1.4 T-jet in the Punto. Now, THAT would have been a product differentiator for sure!

All in all, this is a golden opportunity lost. I remember the Palio receiving an NV upgrade in which they had downsized the engine, and raised the ground clearance. Needless to say it was panned on all counts!
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:09   #270
Team-BHP Support

Saw this piece in BS Motoring website:LAUNCHED! Updated Fiat Linea and Punto

A bit confusing. According to them, there are no changes to the T-Jet variant. Does that mean that the upgrades like rain sensing wipers and all gets into the diesel variants and 1.4 NA petrol models. Does this effectively mean that other variants now have better kit than the T-Jet?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed