Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 11:27   #421
Team-BHP Support

Re: Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Me and my wife have a plan to upgrade my current Linea MJD Emotion Pack with Linea MJD Emotion 2012 Model (Sun Beam Biege Shade).
Earlier I planned for SUV in the range of 20 Lakhs.
Toyota Fortuner is the Front Runner and next wit XUV5oo.
But my Parents are deadly against to buy any other car/SUV than Linea as they have been travelling almost 30K kms in my car with me and even now they are really enjoying travel by Linea rather Rail or Bus.
Good FE (21.8 kmpl in my last trip with 100% AC), Ride, Style, Boot Space and Adequate Passenger Space & Power (having RaceChip), Friendly A.S.S Team (Read VST Motors). What else we need.

Already have much experienced with my 3 Years old SilverStreak Linea. So this upgrade will be much better than buying some new Car/Brand.

Need to TD New Linea and post my experiences. Decision will be taken once see it in Flesh.
I'm sorry to mention this - but frankly - its a foolish decision IMO.

Not anything in particular about 2012 Linea/ FIAT. Its a fantastic car, but so is your 30k run Linea! You are already heavily satisfied with the car- Then why replace it with a new one?

At 3 years, 30k kms - your car is still not even in its teenages. You will be ending up spending 2L (or more) just for raised suspension, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps and few such extra features the 2012 version offers.

Assuming there is no serious damage with the car - Why not just spend 10k - 20k on detailing/ seat covers etc if needed? It would look as great/ even better than 2012 version at just 10% - 20% of the extra cost.

PS - Would have been a different story had it been 6 years, 90k etc. But at just 3 years - 30k kms - your car still has the potential to make you feel its just fresh out of the showroom.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th January 2012 at 11:30.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:04   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Me and my wife have a plan to upgrade my current Linea MJD Emotion Pack with Linea MJD Emotion 2012 Model (Sun Beam Biege Shade).
Earlier I planned for SUV in the range of 20 Lakhs.
Toyota Fortuner is the Front Runner and next wit XUV5oo.
But my Parents are deadly against to buy any other car/SUV than Linea as they have been travelling almost 30K kms in my car with me and even now they are really enjoying travel by Linea rather Rail or Bus.
Good FE (21.8 kmpl in my last trip with 100% AC), Ride, Style, Boot Space and Adequate Passenger Space & Power (having RaceChip), Friendly A.S.S Team (Read VST Motors). What else we need.

Already have much experienced with my 3 Years old SilverStreak Linea. So this upgrade will be much better than buying some new Car/Brand.

Need to TD New Linea and post my experiences. Decision will be taken once see it in Flesh.
Hi Karthik,

I would suggest you shouldn't go ahead with the decision of replacing your Linea with the 2012 Linea. If Fiat has lauched 1.6 MJD, then it would have made sense. I am owning a 2011 manufactured Linea, and here's quick comparison between mine and the 2012 Linea.

Fiat Linea & Punto 2012 Models - Now Launched-linea-compare.jpg

From the comparison, I really don't see any deal breaker to replace with the 2012 Linea.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 9th January 2012 at 12:06.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 12:06   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I'm sorry to mention this - but frankly - its a foolish decision IMO.

Not anything in particular about 2012 Linea/ FIAT. Its a fantastic car, but so is your 30k run Linea! You are already heavily satisfied with the car- Then why replace it with a new one?

At 3 years, 30k kms - your car is still not even in its teenages. You will be ending up spending 2L (or more) just for raised suspension, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps and few such extra features the 2012 version offers.

Assuming there is no serious damage with the car - Why not just spend 10k - 20k on detailing/ seat covers etc if needed? It would look as great/ even better than 2012 version at just 10% - 20% of the extra cost.

PS - Would have been a different story had it been 6 years, 90k etc. But at just 3 years - 30k kms - your car still has the potential to make you feel its just fresh out of the showroom.
Hmm. Old People think alike. Just for fun
My Father also told me the same and gave me some calculation chart too.
Here the Point is , "I need a New Piece of Car".
I know, I have wasted some amount in this exchange and all your points are cent percent correct.
But if i buy Fortuner or some other 20 Lakhs car, I need to spend some 14 Lakhs after selling my linea for say 7 Lakhs.
IMO, spending 2-4 lakhs is better than 14 Lakhs to satisfy my DESIRE. Right ?

Already thoroughly enjoy using Blue & Me and Steering Controls, Without this i can't live with and Surely i am not looking for any other C segment sedans.
Only issue with my Current Linea is Ground Clearance which is clearly answered in 2012 model.

Still descision is not taken. Let's see what Almight decides.

FYI, My car is as new as Showroom peice. Already I've found some good buyers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Hi Karthik,

I would suggest you shouldn't go ahead with the decision of replacing your Linea with the 2012 Linea. If Fiat has lauched 1.6 MJD, then it would have made sense. I am owning a 2011 manufactured Linea, and here's quick comparison between mine and the 2012 Linea.

From the comparison, I really don't see any deal breaker to replace with the 2012 Linea.
Hey thanx for the inputs. Yep, I too very eager and looking for 1.6MJD, as usual FIAT has failed to upgrade the engine with some premium.
I am having March 2009 model and you know how the plastics and panel gaps in this model.
Again I am not buying it for improvements and I need a new car. That's it.
If i am not going for Linea 2012, i would buy some SUV(Fortuner/XUV500) or D Segment Diesel AT cars (Laura/Jetta)
Buying Linea 2012 is healthy for my Bank Balance too.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th January 2012 at 12:50. Reason: merging thread
Old 9th January 2012, 14:51   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Just back after test driving the new Linea 2012. Got to know that T-Jet+ would be available. For Linea Petrol, it would be Active, Dynamic and T-Jet+.
Do you mean that the T-Jet 'would be available in June/July' with a similar facelift (such as GC/rain sensing wipers) etc?

Last edited by Tats07 : 9th January 2012 at 14:54.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:23   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Do you mean that the T-Jet+ 'would be available in June/July' with a similar facelift (such as GC/rain sensing wipers) etc?

@MODS: Please remove the duplicate post above. Is this feature available for members? Would be useful if the members can themselves delete duplicate posts without troubling the MODS.
T-Jet+ will be available even now and the refresh will happen later according to the information provided by a dealer in Chennai.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:30   #426
BHPian

Booking Fiat GP Dynamic Diesel today @Jaiko, Nagpur for my cousin.
Insurance seperately. On road price approx 6.67lk including extended warranty.
Freebies: Mat, mudguard, window sunfilm, teflon underbody coating.
After lots of negotiation got a discount of 10k.
Also checked @Gandhi Motors, approx 3k was more discount but few friends suggested to go with Jaiko bcoz of better A.S.S.
Guys, let me know how is the deal?
Also what other freebies i can ask for?

Also thinking of upgrading current R14 tyres to R15 with 185 width.
Will this void my warranty

Also what will be approx cost if i go for the tyre upgrade?
Old 9th January 2012, 16:04   #427

I love reading negative comments about the Linea and not finding them in my Linea at all...

I have a Minimal grey linea emotion pk Jul 2011 that i run across the length and breadth of Kerala as much as i could. The roads in Kerala are basically the mints for the political parties who are masters of preaching and practicing 2 different ideologies every moment.

You'll not find better hills, better valleys, better monsoons, better highways, better potholes, better elephants on streets, better jungles, (so much criss crossed) by the roads, better cliffs to fly your Jets, with the seat belts on all within a weekend.

And Linea is by far the only car that takes it easy in all these circumstances. No matter how much the commentators cribbed about Rahul Dravid and Linea, they'll always be master performers who never get the limelight.

Only a Linea owner feels the pleasures of gliding through all the obstacles you put on the road. it glides on the road. It gives you the best mileage you can ask for. It gives you the best engine other manufacturers are queing for.

You might not be able to enjoy AC/DC or Linkin Park, in a Linea, but you surely will love The Beatles.

You might not be served with coffee at the Tata-Fiat showroom, but atleast you might not be asked to wait for a day or two for the servicing day.

You might hit the underbody of the car in terrifying potholes that may scare even the scorpios for low ground clearance, but you'll thank the steel platform under the engine bay and be assured that you're protected.

You might not be able to participate in a drag race but if you are travelling inter cities in India, then surely you'll be ahead of the other drivers whatever your age and gender.

You might not have the best pick ups but when it comes to operating the turns and the curves, you'll be thrilled to see the high speeds this car can help you maneavoure.

People who dont own the modern Fiats and Jets fret about its *** without including into the eqation the high service intervals of these birds, the subsidized/cheap spare parts and the absence of vulnerabilities these birds have unlike the other european manufacturers. And please don;t compare it to the ultra costly american counterparts or the manufacturers from far east who do have a need of expansive network owing to the service issues their customers are subjected to.

I don't worry about its after sales service since i know i wouldn't have to sell it.

Book a test drive. Tip them some extra bucks and drive it for an hour to really know it. The linea is the modern version of "Elanor" from Gone in Sixty seconds!! [i know i love it tooo much. Admiration GUARANTEED]
drscaria is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 16:27   #428
GSM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscaria View Post
I love reading negative comments about the Linea and not finding them in my Linea at all...
......The linea is the modern version of "Elanor" from Gone in Sixty seconds!! [i know i love it tooo much. Admiration GUARANTEED]
Wow! A record rambling from a true fiat nut job. Despite all the trouble that I have undergone over the past 18 months (except the last three months), as and when I replace my car, I am am more or less convinced that Fiat will be the number one choice.

To gurus out there, when I enquired in November for Punto 90HP, the Chennai OTR (after all discounts and freebies) was Rs.7.50 Lakhs and for the EP it was around 6.75 Lakhs, and for Linea MJD E+ it was Rs.9.70 Lakhs (or may 9.50, I can't remember). Any idea about what would be the OTR now? Have they already started on the discounts so soon? Since @autoweirdo's post above (Post #427) suggests that there is no change in OTR then and now. [Generally, Prices at TN and MH are at comparable levels)

Cheers!
Old 9th January 2012, 16:32   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drscaria

I have a Minimal grey linea emotion pk Jul 2011 that i run across the length and breadth of Kerala as much as i could. The roads in Kerala are basically the mints for the political parties who are masters of preaching and practicing 2 different ideologies every moment.

You'll not find better hills, better valleys, better monsoons, better highways, better potholes, better elephants on streets, better jungles, (so much criss crossed) by the roads, better cliffs to fly your Jets, with the seat belts on all within a weekend.

And Linea is by far the only car that takes it easy in all these circumstances. No matter how much the commentators cribbed about Rahul Dravid and Linea, they'll always be master performers who never get the limelight.

Only a Linea owner feels the pleasures of gliding through all the obstacles you put on the road. it glides on the road. It gives you the best mileage you can ask for. It gives you the best engine other manufacturers are queing for.

You might not be able to enjoy AC/DC or Linkin Park, in a Linea, but you surely will love The Beatles.

You might not be served with coffee at the Tata-Fiat showroom, but atleast you might not be asked to wait for a day or two for the servicing day.

You might hit the underbody of the car in terrifying potholes that may scare even the scorpios for low ground clearance, but you'll thank the steel platform under the engine bay and be assured that you're protected.

You might not be able to participate in a drag race but if you are travelling inter cities in India, then surely you'll be ahead of the other drivers whatever your age and gender.

You might not have the best pick ups but when it comes to operating the turns and the curves, you'll be thrilled to see the high speeds this car can help you maneavoure.

People who dont own the modern Fiats and Jets fret about its *** without including into the eqation the high service intervals of these birds, the subsidized/cheap spare parts and the absence of vulnerabilities these birds have unlike the other european manufacturers. And please don;t compare it to the ultra costly american counterparts or the manufacturers from far east who do have a need of expansive network owing to the service issues their customers are subjected to.

I don't worry about its after sales service since i know i wouldn't have to sell it.

Book a test drive. Tip them some extra bucks and drive it for an hour to really know it. The linea is the modern version of "Elanor" from Gone in Sixty seconds!!
Wow wow what a description and this can surely come from a person who owns a fiat and I currently being a proud owner of GP90HP can understand your sentiments and all the genuiness about the fiat.This is a super post. Thanks for putting it so clasically.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:35   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The linea is the modern version of "Elanor" from Gone in Sixty seconds!! [i know i love it tooo much. Admiration GUARANTEED]
This is indeed one of the best write-ups I have read about the Fiat Cars in recent times. Have fun and thrill with your beauty.
Old 9th January 2012, 16:47   #431
BHPian

To all who are going to buy 2012 versions, things to know when you do the deal

No free insurance from dealers (atleast 3 I spoke with)
1st yr RSA free(in 2010 they gave 50 months RSA free)
2 yrs Unlimited warranty( I have 50 months in my Active)
Currently 1 month waiting period.
Corporate discount will be applicable
For group booking 2 dealers told me if 3 or more cars are booked they will provide some discounts which will bring smiles to us

And questions for Gurus - for 15" Alloys with 195/60 tyres in exchange of brand new 165/80/R14 tyre and 14" wheels how much can I ask for? Fiat alloys cost 10k each and those tyres will be arround 4500/-.
Old 9th January 2012, 17:10   #432
BHPian

Just did a test drive of Punto 2012 76 BHP diesel emotion. And after driving i10 for last few months. The drive handling and ride brought tears to my eyes. This is how a car should be. This is what a car is meant to be. No its not for those who are looking for a car only to move from point A to point B, This is for people who crave a good drive. I loved every moment of it and said awesome more times I could remember. And with increased GC, no need to slow down on those potholes and speed breakers. Just glide over them.

I asked SA and have been assured that the changes have been carried over to 90 HP model and it is going to come in emotion varient. HE said even today a Bossa Nova white 90 BHP 2012 emotion is on the way.

I am just waiting to get home and to convince the high command that white looks awesome in Punto and I will own 90 horses on cloud with-in a month. Fingers crossed, wish me well.
sarswift is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 18:29   #433
BHPian

Quote:

Book a test drive. Tip them some extra bucks and drive it for an hour to really know it. The linea is the modern version of "Elanor" from Gone in Sixty seconds!! [i know i love it tooo much. Admiration GUARANTEED]
Man.. That was one write up straight from the heart and let me tell everyone, each and every word that has been written here is true and I have felt all of these so many times..

You have expressed it so beautifully buddy. Very honest and very true indeed. Hats off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
I am just waiting to get home and to convince the high command that white looks awesome in Punto and I will own 90 horses on cloud with-in a month. Fingers crossed, wish me well.
Thats an interesting piece of information. Let us know what you hear from your sales person.. As per our understanding, 75HP comes in emotion and 90HP gets no revision atleast as of now.. But your post changes the understanding I had.. pls keep us posted on the updates. and..

ALL THE BEST, you are about to own one of the best looking hatches and the one which has the best dynamics of all within that segment..
Sathya_sc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2012, 19:15   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarswift View Post
Just did a test drive of Punto 2012 76 BHP diesel emotion. And after driving i10 for last few months. The drive handling and ride brought tears to my eyes. This is how a car should be. This is what a car is meant to be. No its not for those who are looking for a car only to move from point A to point B, This is for people who crave a good drive. I loved every moment of it and said awesome more times I could remember. And with increased GC, no need to slow down on those potholes and speed breakers. Just glide over them.

I asked SA and have been assured that the changes have been carried over to 90 HP model and it is going to come in emotion varient. HE said even today a Bossa Nova white 90 BHP 2012 emotion is on the way.

Welcome to 2012. Me and my 2 friends are in line for 2012 Punto & Linea, so just want to know if the SA has given you any delivery timeline? and if you don't mind which dealer you have approached? Because my SA offers me on 3 car 5000 discount over and above corp discount/+ ex. bonus, and 4 to 5 cars 10000 discount. so if we find like minded buyer in Bangalore may be we can go for bulk booking(bulk sounds better than group now)
Old 9th January 2012, 19:57   #435
BHPian

Checked the new 2012 Punto and Linea at the Fiat Caffe, New Delhi. The new Oceanic Blue colur is awesome and it gives premium feel to both the cars.

Here is my take on both the cars (cant comment on the ride as I didnt take the test drive).

Common observation for Punto and Linea:

- Both the cars have more road presence with the increase GC. I always felt the road presence was missing in both the pre - 2012 versions.
- The interior quality seems to have improved. The seat levers felt more solid.
- The cars come with standard underbody coating and Teflon coating.
- The clutch and gear felt smoother, however there is still scope for improvement (will reserve my final judgement until the test drive)

Punto (emotion):

- The seats are softer now. The firmness of seats of earlier GP is not there. Personally I like firm seats.
- The seats have new fabric and the color is light grey. The "driving man" is missing from the back rest of the driver seats. The front seats do offer good side support.
- The beading has improved as well as there seems to be no glaring gaps in fit and finish.

Linea (emotion):

- The interior is full leather and a shade lighter and I would say it is just awesome. It definitely gives a premium car feel.
- The seats are perforated leather and offers good support.
- The beading has improved and the interior plastic feels up market now.

This was a surprise (atleast to me):
- Linea 1.4 NA Petrol will only be availabe in Active and Dynamic. The emotion petrol will now only be available in 1.4 Tjet.

Next step is to test drive these beauties.

Checked the on road price of Linea Emotion MJD: 10.36 L (Delhi)

Total discount: 15K

Availability: 10 days on cash down.

-PK

Last edited by pk_del : 9th January 2012 at 20:04.
pk_del is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed